- Women’s World Cup discriminatory lawsuit filed against CSA and FIFA
- Las Vegas City Council votes to extend soccer stadium deadline to December
- Report: “Zero chance” Henry remains with Red Bulls following season
- UCL Rewind: Atletico hold off Juventus; Liverpool fall to Basel; and more
- USWNT to play in four-team December tournament in Brazil
- Tuesday College Rewind: North Carolina Falls To UNC Wilmington, Georgetown Tops Maryland, And More
- SBI MLS Player of the Month: Obafemi Martins
- SBI MLS Team of the Month: LA Galaxy
- Soccer Wednesday: Your Running Commentary
- MLS Ticker: Orlando City to play three preseason games in Brazil; Pogatetz could make debut; and more
- NYCFC’s Villa to join up with Melbourne City next Tuesday
- UCL Preview: Arsenal look to rebound vs. Galatasaray; Atleti visit Juventus; and more
SBI Story Calendar
SBI Leading TopicsAlejandro Bedoya Americans Abroad Aron Johannsson Charlie Davies Clint Dempsey CONCACAF CONMEBOL David Beckham David Carney David Moyes English Premier League EPL FC Nantes John Anthony Brooks John Brooks Jozy Altidore Juan Agudelo Julian Green Jurgen Klinsmann Landon Donovan Los Angeles Galaxy Major League Soccer Manchester United MLS MLS Expansion NASL NBC NBC Sports Group New England Revolution New York Red Bulls Orlando City Portland Timbers Premier League San Jose Earthquakes soccer Soccer on TV Stoke City Terrence Boyd Tim Howard Tom Sermanni Tottenham U.S. Men's National Team USL PRO USMNT World Cup
Category Archives: MLS Draft 2011
The Portland Timbers bolstered their offense on draft day with Akron forward Darlington Nagbe.
The Houston Dynamo were the big winners on draft day taking Kofi Sarkodie and trading up to get Will Bruin.
Faryd Mondragon, the Colombian goalkeeper is reportedly a done deal to Philadelphia. That’s why it surprised some that the Union took Generation Adidas and Maryland goalkeeper Zac MacMath with the fifth overall pick. But, Mondragon is 40 years old in 2011 and MacMath is one of the better goalkeeping prospects to come out of school in some time.
Erik Soler and the Red Bulls said before the draft the team would concentrate on defense. But, New York threw a change-up when Corey Hertzog fell to them at the thirteenth pick. The speedy Penn State forward will supply needed quality depth behind Thierry Henry or could play out wide.