- Earthquakes announce Argentine playmaker Perez Garcia as Designated Player signing
- Who is this year’s biggest MLS All-Star Game snub?
- Berhalter claims USMNT player wants to join Crew
- Fire admit to interest in Jermaine Jones
- Odense BK terminate O’Brien’s contract
- Fire, Whitecaps settle for scoreless draw
- Thursday Kickoff: San Lorenzo in Libertadores final; Everton make record signing; and more
- Henry equalizer earns Red Bulls draw at RSL
- Johnson, Rolfe, lead D.C. United to emphatic win vs. TFC
- Revolution rout Rapids to end 8-game losing streak
Category Archives: MLS Draft 2011
Faryd Mondragon, the Colombian goalkeeper is reportedly a done deal to Philadelphia. That’s why it surprised some that the Union took Generation Adidas and Maryland goalkeeper Zac MacMath with the fifth overall pick. But, Mondragon is 40 years old in 2011 and MacMath is one of the better goalkeeping prospects to come out of school in some time.
Erik Soler and the Red Bulls said before the draft the team would concentrate on defense. But, New York threw a change-up when Corey Hertzog fell to them at the thirteenth pick. The speedy Penn State forward will supply needed quality depth behind Thierry Henry or could play out wide.
Robin Fraser knows a thing or two about being a part of and overseeing a strong defense, and he used that knowledge when making Chivas USA's first pick in the draft by picking up Akron's Zarek Valentin. After picking at … Continue reading
The New England Revolution found itself on the outside of the playoff picture looking in last season. In an effort to avoid a repeat of that scenario, the Revs looked to shore up its defense by landing one of the … Continue reading
The Vancouver Whitecaps kicked off the 2011 MLS SuperDraft in surprising fashion, selecting United States Under-20 forward Omar Salgado with the first overall selection. After the Whitecaps stole the early headlines, they continued to stockpile talent, taking Akron's Generation adidas … Continue reading
By MIKE NASTRI D.C. United got its man. In a turn of unexpected events, Perry Kitchen fell to United with the third overall pick. United followed up its selection of the current U.S. U-20 captain with another Akron player, fullback … Continue reading
So much for all that Darlington Nagbe and Perry Kitchen talk. The Vancouver Whitecaps opted to select Omar Salgado with the first overall pick in the 2011 MLS SuperDraft, choosing the 17-year-old United States U-20 prospect over the two … Continue reading