Thierry Henry says Messi, not Ronaldo is best player in world

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Thierry Henry says Messi, not Ronaldo is best player in world

1. Rooster says:

I was going to watch it then I realized I really don’t care what Henry has to say.

2. GoUSAworldCup says:

I can’t understand a quarter of what he’s saying.

• Zocklo says:

You need to get out more, it’s a big world out there.

• GW says:

Mr. Cup,

Cristiano Ronaldo is a repeatable phenomenon, assuming you are big, fast, in nearly perfect physical condition, are as smart as Cristiano is and are willing to work harder than anyone, else and have access to really top flight teachers and mentors.

Any guy off the street who fits that description has a chance to be as good as Cristiano Ronaldo.

Messi , on the other hand is a one of a kind,, a non repeatable phenomenon, a genius who does things in a way that no one else can.

That’s basically what Henry said.

• Chuck says:

I disagree w/Henry.

Cristiano’s body, mind, & determination _IS_ the phenomenon. It is not any more repeatable than Pele’ –> Maradona –> Messi is repeatable.

Go to youtube and look up “Cristiano Ronaldo – Tested to the Limit” and check out this 4-part series on him. If you have not seen it, you WILL be amazed.

Here is a 92-second clip to whet your appetite:
        link to youtube.com

I like Messi better, but the video series I mentioned above is absolutely incredible!

3. BrianK says:

Excellent!

4. 7 says:

it’s easy

SUAREZ OR IBRAHIMOVIC

5. thierry henry is french says:

Ronaldo has owned England and now Spain. dude has spent 5 years at Madrid but broken so many of their records

Messi is SPAIN. Dude scored 50 goals in 1 season back in 2011-12. How is that possible

• Increase0 says:

In all serious though, I get where Henry is coming from.

I understand what Ronaldo does and how he does it even if I can do it. It makes sense. He does normal winger stuff about 50 times better than anyone ever. Just look at the goals.

Messi though… gets away with… things that make no sense. Example he makes nutmeg crosses that he expects to go through. How do you time someones gait while you yourself are at a full run? No idea. Voodoo.

• KingGoogleyEye says:

Neither of them can come close to doing what Mats Hummels or Vincent Kompany do.

Or Ilkay Gundogan or Xabi Alonso.

Or Manuel Neuer for that matter.

• GW says:

Messi and Cristiano cannot do what Lenhart does as well as he does either.

• Increase0 says:

Ah, ya but that’s defender land. And its totally unsexy so no one talks about it.

Messi standing next to Neuer was kinda ridiculous. The sheer size difference was stunning.

• KingGoogleyEye says:

I’ve often wanted to see an allstar match that, instead of pitting East vs West, pitted Forwards vs Defenders (sorry, no midfielders). Messi, Ronaldo, Robben, and Ribery et al versus Silva, Hummels, Kompany, et al.

• Increase0 says:

Haha, that would be brilliant. I actually rather expect the defenders would win. Hummels as a center forward. He could work it.

• KingGoogleyEye says:

Increase0, I am certain the defenders would win. That’s why I would want to watch it: to savor the look of embarrassment and horror on the forwards’ faces. “How’s that Ballon d’Or treating you?”

Perhaps the closest we’ll come to a team comprised entirely of elite forwards is Brazil’s squad versus Germany. :)

6. michael f. sbi Mafia Original says:

What was so insightful? That Messi does what he does with less work because he’s a more natural and he doesn’t call fouls when he’s hacked in practice? Thierry is one of the greatest forwards of all time, but this whole he’s all-knowing perspective is a bit off. Just because he’s so full of himself doesn’t mean you have to buy what he’s selling.

• MLS_Soccer_Talker says:

Dude he’s a pro, an all time great. I think his opinion is insightful. He gives first hand acct of Messi making Great players look like school kids in practice. You didnt know that did you?.. thats called insight.

• bodeguero says:

Exactly. That’s the entire point he was making, that nobody can dominate world class professionals to the point that he make them look like elementary school kids against transcendent talent.

7. Tiny says:

He has never seen Ronaldo day in and day out in practice , so his opinion is biased. May be ask someone who has played with both. Maybe a di Maria, who has been able to see both at their best.