SBI MLS Goal of the Week: Will Johnson

Will Johnson

photo by Michael Janosz/ISIphotos.com

This entry was posted in MLS Weekly Awards, MLS- Portland Timbers, SBI MLS Awards, SBI MLS Goal of the Week. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to SBI MLS Goal of the Week: Will Johnson

1. Ian says:

It was a stunner. The build-up play was the best I’ve seen all season.

2. Mike says:

The goal is well finished but it’s really the assist(s) of the week/year.

• Four Cents says:

Wouldn’t of been an assist without that great left footed volley. Both were pretty impressive to say the least..

3. MMV says:

I get that Johnson’s goal was the most important of the week but the best goal of the week is Kamani Hill’s flying back hill flick. It’s a no-brainer in my book. It happened so fast that seeing the goal live, as I did, almost didn’t do it justice until I so the goal on the scoreboard. Unreal and his second golazo in a week.

• Andrew says:

I’d call this the play of the week. Adi did most of the work and made it such a pretty sequence. Hill’s goal should be GOTW.

• jonk says:

Please elaborate on how Johnson’s goal was the most important of the week…

4. CeezNYRB says:

I really hate to take ANYTHING away from Will Johnson, I do, but that goal was about 90% Fanendo Adi. Either way, excellent play from all parties involved.

5. beachbum says:

wow, all players involved, awesome. when it happened I called my son over to see it and he just said “Ohhhhhhh!!!”

6. perpetualstudent says:

Immediately when it happened, I told my son that it would be goal of the week. I don’t think he heard me over the roar of the Timber’s Army.

7. Matt in Bk says:

Make the run

8. Ives Galarcep says:

Guys, it’s Goal of the Week, not Finish of the Week. A goal consists of more than just the shot that puts it in, or at least it can. That’s like saying Maradona’s slalom goal vs. England wasn’t that great since the actual shot was just okay. Pierazzi had shot of the week, Hill had volley of the week, but Will Johnson, with the help of Fanendo Adi, put home GOAL of the Week.

9. FRANK says:

TORNOTO WEARS RED NOT PORTLAND

• Horsewhistle says:

So does Chicago and the Red Bulls.

Frank, I am going to recommend that tangential comments
      & USMNT roster probability analysis is your specialty.
      Not so much colors or spelling.