MLS Week 10: SBI Live Commentary

MLSLogo2013

By IVES GALARCEP

John Hackworth will be coaching for his job while Eddie Johnson will be trying to secure his place on the U.S. preliminary World Cup squad when the Philadelphia Union take on D.C. United in the latest installment of their I-95 rivalry (4pm, Direct Kick).

The Union are mired in an eight-match winless streak that could cost Hackworth his job if they don’t snap that skid today against a D.C. side that has exceeded expectations early on in the 2014 season.

In Columbus, the Crew will be looking to snap a six-match winless slide against a dangerous Vancouver Whitecaps team with the weapons to pull off the impressive road victory (7:30pm, Direct Kick)

Another coach who is feeling the head today is Montreal head coach Frank Klopas, who guides the Impact into a showdown with reigning MLS Cup champion Sporting Kansas City (4pm, Direct Kick).

The day’s other matches include the Chicago Fire visiting Red Bull Arena in search of their first victory of the season (7pm, Direct Kick). The day’s MLS action concludes in San Jose when the Earthquakes play host to struggling FC Dallas (10:30pm, Direct Kick).

SBI will be providing live commentary on today’s action so please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below.

Enjoy the action (The SBI Live Commentary is after the jump):

This entry was posted in Major League Soccer. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to MLS Week 10: SBI Live Commentary

1. Sean357 says:

Dom Dwyer needs be to a lesson to any young player who complains about going on loan to USL. He’s going to be the first star that owes a lot to the USL partnership.

2. Citronomics says:

Vamos United. 1st road win in almost 2 full seasons! Hamid strong in goal and Chris Rolfe contributing. Glad DCU is at least figuring out how to grind out wins and love the clean sheet over a I-95 rival.

3. Fredo says:

Viva Beerholder!

4. AMPhibian says:

Amazing start to this Fire – Red Bulls game!

5. AMPhibian says:

Magee was actively offsides on Shipp’s goal, in my opinion, but Magee had just been taken down in the box a few seconds prior, and no official saw it clearly, or had the guts to call a penalty that early. I get the impression that since it wasn’t the most flagrant of offside interferences from Magee, the ref let it slide, as kind of a make-up call. I don’t condone that type of behavior, but we all know it happens, and the impression I got from the situation is they let two questionable calls cancel each other out. I would be more upset about it if NY didn’t respond immediately, since I could care less for either team, and want to see a good game.

6. Tony in Quakeland says:

The Red Bulls Fire games had everything but a pitch invasion so far…

7. Alex says:

Is it crazy to think BWP played way better than Shipp? Shipp’s doing great but BWP is on another level

• AMPhibian says:

I think BWP played better also, but the difference between him and Harry wasn’t significant enough for me to say Wright-Phillips looked like he was on another level. If I was handing out match ratings, they’d both be in the mid-to-low 8′s.

8. Quickrightfoot says:

That was the most ridiculous game I think I have ever witnessed.

9. Pace says:

The second half of that game was redonkulous.