SBI MLS Goal of the Week: Hector Jimenez

MLSMJB041314061

photo by Michael Burns/ISIphotos.com

This entry was posted in Major League Soccer, MLS Weekly Awards, MLS- Columbus Crew, SBI MLS Awards. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to SBI MLS Goal of the Week: Hector Jimenez

1. Dos says:

He should have been sent off last week, suspended and not playing.

• automata says:

I think you’re thinking of Gonzalez. I don’t recall Jimenez doing anything to justify that comment, but Gonzalez gave his best effort to get sent off again this week.

2. Ian says:

Nice goal. Jimenez doesn’t score a lot of goals, but I remember him napping a couple clutch, point-saving goals for LA. Glad he’s doing well in Columbus.

3. Dainja says:

Man, this goal is all about Trapp to me. The video doesn’t show the few seconds before it, but he chases Espindola down from behind, tackles it away saving the ball, pushes the ball to midfield then drops the ball in Jimenez’s lap from across the field.

BAWSE.

4. scweeb says:

Where is the SBI SHOW i need my podcast fix!!!

5. Nick F says:

I have mastered that exact goal in Fifa 14!

6. SilverRey says:

Was it just me or was Berhalter directing that celebration towards Olsen? Did anybody catch any interaction between the benches during the game? I’m sure Benny was a little vocal during the Gonzalez incident. I wonder if any of that spilled over towards GB? There were probably some words exchanged when Anor was sent off.

Great shot by Jimenez, he saved the game. It was definitely due to Trapp’s hard work and vision that he even had the chance though. I hope he’s not out for too long.

7. skyman says:

I can’t help but notice the near empty stands. Very disappointing, for a soccer specific stadium and a good team that plays nice football. What’s up Columbus?

• David says:

Attendance was pretty decent last year ( around 15,000 I think) but Anthony Precourt took over ownership and then it was going to be announced Crew games would be televised on the cable channel TWC Sportsnet, a channel that is not widely available to everyone in the area. That obviously pissed a lot of Crew fans and I believe in response many of them have refused to attend games.

• LarryB says:

Actually our opening game was actually pretty well attended as well as this game in question. I believe a lot of fans started leaving after the red card that was given to Anor late in the match. I am not 100% sure though as I had to leave even earlier because it was damn cold and our young son was with us.