SBI MLS Player of the Month: Federico Higuain

FedericoHiguainColumbusCrew1-DCUnited2014 (AP)

By IVES GALARCEP

The Columbus Crew are off to a perfect 3-0 start and a major reason for that dream start is the stellar play of Federico Higuain.

The Argentine playmaker has been instrumental to the Crew’s resurgence and his three goals and two assists in March coupled with the Crew’s 3-0 record made Higuain the easy pick for SBI MLS Player of the Month.

Higuain beat out a list of candidates that included FC Dallas playmaker Mauro Diaz, Real Salt Lake’s Kyle Beckerman and Vancouver’s Pedro Morales for this month’s honors.

What did you think of Higuain’s performances in March? Which MLS player impressed you the most during the first week of the MLS season?

Share your thoghts below.

This entry was posted in Featured, MLS- Columbus Crew, SBI MLS Player of the Month, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to SBI MLS Player of the Month: Federico Higuain

1. beachbum says:

he’s a fun guy to watch play, and Berhalter has that group playing well and believing it looks like. we’ll see what happens but I’m looking forward to seeing Columbus play, something I haven’t thought for years now

2. Darwin says:

Only thing Mauro Diaz did wrong was play for Dallas, right Ives?
    Then again, I have my homer glasses on…

3. MLSfan says:

Hate this guy as I’m not a Crew fan but he’s pretty sick.

• MiamiAl says:

Got to agree with you. The way he controls the game, he looks like Marco Etcheverrey did back in the early years of DC United.

4. SilverRey says:

PIPA!!!!!!!!

5. Denver Mike says:

And just think……… this isn’t the “good” Higuain! That’s how good of a football family he comes from. His Pops was a standout defender and his younger bro is working his magic with Napoli and yet somehow Federico is overlooked. He plays a totally different game than the other little Argentine that graced the pitch at Crew Stadium but he brings the same excitement, passion, and most importantly, impact. I’m not a Crew fan but I always find myself paying attention to what Higuain does every week.