USMNT 2, Mexico 2: Field-Level Highlights

Landon Donovan

Photo by David Bernal/ISIPhotos.com

This entry was posted in Match Highlights, U.S. Men's National Team. Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to USMNT 2, Mexico 2: Field-Level Highlights

1. Dainja says:

Wow, production value went up quite a notch on this one.

• Ali Dia says:

Tell me about it. “Daniel Karell” just oozes class compared to his predecessor. Video was nice too.

2. Jess says:

They should incorporate this technology in Atlanta, where the grass field can roll in over the plastic turf.

• beto says:

+1000000 Garber should demand that! No more MLS turf fields than we already have!

• John says:

It would solve the problem with football lines. It would also show the level of commitment from the ownership in Atlanta. However at the moment it just looks like MLS is being used to fill a calender, just to justify it being built.

3. ConMan R says:

my brain is so trained to 2-0 scoreline when I read the title to this article I read it as 2-0. had to do a double take

4. DanO says:

Omar tried to handle Bradley’s goal…

5. Dinho says:

A few things that jump out at me from these highlights:

1. Omar is slow and not good enough.
    2. Bradley is excellent.
    3. That Beckerman tackle was awful.
    4. Davis is not good enough.
    5. We shouldn’t be bummed to get a draw in an away game

• Shurls says:

Yes that Beckerman tackle would be judged as a straight red by some refs. Went through the player with absolutely no chance at the ball.

• Ted Tran says:

I think Klinsey was employing some Mou tactics, if you notice the Mex coach was furious with the US physical play (luckily no one got injuried so close to the WC).

• Paul says:

BS…Omar is faster than most CB’s you could name

Young and still raw? Yes

Slow for a CB his size? Hell No

• Dinho says:

Faster than Besler? No.
        Faster than Cameron? No.
        Faster than Orozco? No.
        Faster than Parkhurst? No.
        Faster than Bocanegra? Maybe.
        Faster than Gooch? Maybe.
        (And that is just the USMNT pool).

And, he may be fast over a long distance, but his quickness is SEVERELY lacking and THAT is the big concern.

Young and still raw? Come on, man. I am a Galaxy fan and I can’t even say that with a straight face. He is 25, not that young. He just does not have the chops. Maybe, it will come with time. Maybe.

6. roundhead says:

If we had won I would nominate this for the motion picture of the year…if it were up to me to nominate that. but great video!

7. Stinky Pete says:

The intro is fantastic.

8. John says:

About 392 minutes between goals for Mexico against the US, perhaps they were just due.

9. Ted Tran says:

A few things jump out at me from these highlights:

1. It appears our fan base is made up of Bros(dbags) and hipsters.
    2. Bradley is only good for one half, will call him BM45
    3. Marquez has been eating some of that chicken since he left MLS
    4. Beckerman has been watching too many Marquez videos.
    5. LOL at Mexicans saying they gifted us the 1st half as a thank you.

10. Shurls says:

Can’t get over how………..ROUND….. LD’s belly looks. May need to get him on a diet for the next month!

11. Klum says:

Beckerman’s tackle and Green’s dive look even worse from this angle

• A says:

Dive? Seriously?

• John says:

Personally I don’t think it’s a dive but you can’t put your arms out and turn to ref as you’re falling like that.

• Klum says:

It was a dive. It’s OK to say it. American players dive as much as anybody. Just part of the game.

• Increase0 says:

It wasn’t a dive… He might have been able to jump over than Mexican’s knee but I don’t see why he should have to.

It’s not a dive to have your run impeded by someone not making a play for the ball.

• John says:

hard to argue it was even a foul, the way Green looks for the contact and then embellishes it.

Hate to say it but it seems the ref got that one right.

• Increase0 says:

I am of the opinion it was knee to knee contact. Sadly that’s the only thing you cant see in any camera shots.

However, if you watch 22′s body. It is turned with the force of making contact with Green. Also, if you freeze the frame at 7:17 you can see that Greens foot is inside the instep of the 22 who lunged his leg outward.

It was a foul. Not that it really matter now.

12. A says:

Goodson football tackles some guy at like 7:20 in the background. Just crushes him.

13. The Empty Bucket says:

I missed Clarence Goodson tackling a Mexican player face-first to the ground when I watched live.. it’s at 7:20.

14. John says:

One thing I didn’t hear many people talk about was Beltran. Considering all the questions at right back, I thought he did alright. Certainly better then Evans looked against South Korea.

15. roundhead says:

yeah Beltran looked pretty good I thought. I think it was the new jersey that made LD look heavier though

16. subkie says:

US has a chance to make an impact in the coming World Cup in Brazil

download the best schedule for the world cup in excel
    link to brazil2014.iphykir.com