You Write the Caption: Jurgen Klinsmann / Julian Green Edition

Jurgen Klinsmann Julian Green

Photos by ISIPhotos.com

By IVES GALARCEP

Sunday marked the first day that Bayern Munich youngster Julian Green trained with the U.S. Men’s National Team, and while Green is spending just two days with the team, there is already plenty of buzz surrounding his arrival.

In honor of Green’s arrival to USMNT camp, we have dusted off the old SBI You Write the Caption Contest. After the jump, you will see a picture of a very happy Jurgen Klinsmann and smiling Green enjoying training in Frankfurt, Germany.

Check out the photo and offer up your own caption after the jump:

Clint Dempsey Jurgen KlinsmannJulian Green

“Yes Julian, even Clint knows German now. Right Clint?”

Now it’s your turn. Share your own caption for the above photo in the comments section below.

This entry was posted in Featured, U.S. Men's National Team, You Write the Caption and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

122 Responses to You Write the Caption: Jurgen Klinsmann / Julian Green Edition

1. Jay in Florida says:

1st photo – Klinsmann “Your going to have to work hard young grasshopper if you want to make this team”.

2nd photo – Dempsey “Yeah because your not taking my spot no matter how bad I’ve been sucking on the field these past few month”. Klinsmann “Yeah Deuce let’s hope you have that fire, that believe still, because I know us German’s got it.

2. Snack Time says:

“Clint, you look like a human Nerf gun in that training outfit”

3. Joe Dirt says:

Clint, “can I play at Bayern too?”

Juergen and Julian, “Hahahaha silly American, you don’t have enough BELIEF.”

4. DubStepan says:

I wonder if they speak in German or English

5. Rik says:

“Look at Clint. He chose us and now he’s starring in big deodorant commercials!”

6. NY fan says:

No, Clint, dummkopf means “superstar” in German.

7. John says:

Klinsmann to Green “If you choose the US, Clint says he’ll let be on his rap album”

• John says:

let you be*

• Neruda says:

Everybody is all smiles while Dempsey rips off one of his extended rhymes. Hopefully Green is a big fan of hip hop.

If he likes art then Brek Shea better be working on a painting off to the side. Whatever it takes to get Green to call up FIFA for his one time switch.

8. milbo says:

Deuce: “Did you hear about Holden?”

9. Karl L. says:

“Sure, with Germany you could win the World Cup but with us you could win the Gold Cup. Think about it. It’s GOLD!!!”

10. Frank says:

Klinsmann: Wenn du für uns spielt, bist du automatisch unser bester Spieler. Bis jetzt ist das Clint und erspielt bei den Seattle Sounders – den Seattle Sounders, hahahaha….

Clint: Are you guys talking about me?

11. GOYA-GOYA says:

Jetzt sehen Sie, warum Sie Sie in diesem Team Julian möchten.

12. Troy in his apartment says:

1st picture: “We need some speed on the wings and at least somewhat skilled players. I mean Brek may make my squad Julian. PLEASE HELP!”

2nd picture: Clint says “Hey Jurgen, thanks for talking me into going to ride the bench for a League 2 side masquerading as a BPL team.” Jurgen responds “Julian, meet our captain, he raps and used to score goals”

13. Karl L. says:

“What’s it goin’ to take for me to put you in brand new national team today?”

14. Zach says:

JK: “You know Texas, Julian? Everything is bigger there, just look at Clints head”
    Clint: ” -_- “

15. Mensch says:

“No, seriously, he’s a starter. See what I mean?”

16. RK says:

“Yes, we were making jokes about you in German. Why do you think I brought them all in?”

17. QuakerOtis says:

First one: “Please? Pretty please? Pretty, pretty … with a cherry on ze… please?”

Second one: “Yaahh Clint. Show us your steppoffer…”

• Troy in his apartment says:

Its Dempsey not Pay Me Johnson. Dempsey can actually do more than that. Eddie is Captain Stepover Aka Captain Turnover AKA Pay Me AKA actually captain of nothing

• QuakerOtis says:

Come on man. I like Deuce and all, but while EJ is worse, Deuce was still woeful with his stepovers at Spurs. Looked stupid. It’s just not his game, as much as he would like it to be.

18. Vic says:

1st Picture: Jurgen: We are looking for an 18 year old German striker to start for us in the World Cup. Are you interested?

19. Vic says:

2nd Picture: Jurgen: Hey Clint, I bet you weren’t this good when you were 18, ha ha ha.

20. JC says:

Jurgen: “Sorry Clint, But unlike me and Julian, you still haven’t done $*&@!!”

21. That_Guy says:

1st picture
    Green: “You know what you gotta do”
    Klinsmann: “Really”
    Green: “Yup”
    Klinsmann: *Gets on his knees*

22. Mensch says:

Green looking at Clint: “I like my chances. I really like my chances”

23. bogieocho says:

Photo 1: JK: “GET one? Heck yeah, I MARRIED one!”

Photo 2: CD: “Yeah, why do you think I had to move back to the U.S.?”

24. Robbie says:

‘So I just showed her this, and then I made the Jamaica game face… and that’s how you close the deal in Texas.’

25. Don the Jewler says:

Caption 1 Hey Julian..Clint saids you look like Pharrell where is your Smokey the Bear lid?

caption 2. Clint…I told him what you commented about and Julian does not know this Pharrell person.

26. Landon Klinsmann says:

1. “Come to LA, let me take you for a spin in my helicopter.”

2. “Dempsey ist vorkommen, ja? Ha ha, Clint, we were just talking about your work rate”

27. Dc says:

1. “I know everyone on the SBI comment boards are saying that you are going to play against Ukraine, Julian, but, you can’t. I’m sorry.”
    2. “And Clint, It’s the opposite for you. I HAVE to let you play because if I don’t, the fans will have my nuts, even thought you seem to be only a shadow of the player you were a year ago.”

28. Plain Vanilla says:

Top Photo: “Okay kid listen. Don’t look now and whatever you do don’t laugh, but it’s important that you know that the captain sometimes thinks he is a rapper. Watch, I’ll show you.”

Bottom Photo: “Ha yes that was very good MC Deuce. Do you know Jim McMahon?”

29. Rog Dog says:

1st Photo: There is a small bag of money under the bed of your hotel room…If FIFA asks we never had this conversation. If Sepp Blatter ask just use said money to pay him as needed.

2nd Photo: Meet your future replacement. Be really nice to him.

30. Dinho says:

Nice find, John!

Photo 49 out of 62 is funny, Gooch looks all too comfortable…

31. Arthur says:

“Clint, if we pull this off I will go down in history as ‘The Great American Kaiser’; this will be even bigger than The Lufthansa Heist.”

32. slowleftarm says:

Wow, these are some of the lamest comments I’ve ever seen for one of these things.

33. dabes2 says:

Ven he says “I vil take you fishing in Nogadoches” does that mean he vants to kill me?

34. ARSNL14 says:

Klinsmann – “I got these cheeseburgers, man!”

35. Adrian says:

First photo: Juju, I need this. C’mon bud. I need you to play with us. You’ll have a great time.

Second photo: He said yes! He said yes! Clint heard you. No take backs.

36. Goalscorer24 says:

Photo with Klinsmann and Julian Green laughing – “Julian Green is going to be replacing you Dempsey, very soon. Ha Ha Ha!”

37. Sneijderman says:

“No no Julian. The face is named for his nickname.”

38. AC says:

Dempsey: Not funny guys with the XS shirt you gave me!

39. bryan says:

thanks for the link. great photos.

40. Mike Caramba says:

“You asked for miracles, Julian, I give you the Clint Dempsey.”

41. tom says:

2nd photo:
    Klinsi: …..er wird nicht in der weltmeisterschaft spielen.
    Clint: Yo guys, no hablo Deutsch…Whatcha laughing about?
    Klinsi: Oh, it vas nothing, just talking about the veather, I swear.
    Julian: Ja.

42. Older & Wiser says:

Noooo . . . Not the chicken dance. I thought that was only for American wedding receptions.

43. g-dub says:

Deuce singing: “It’s my c*ck in a box!… One – you cut a hole in the box… Two – you put ya junk in dat box…. It’s my c*ck in a box!….”

Klinsi: ” No Julian he’s dead serious…”

44. Pat says:

“Wow… that really is a great Deuce Face.”

45. KenC says:

Julian: “Clint made fun of me in front of the guys, and I didn’t know what to say”

Jurgen: “If you really want to yank Clint’s chain, you have to really smile hard at him”

46. Adam M. says:

Clint: “Oh, hands on hips? We are doing hands on hips now? Is that what you are telling Green to do? I can do hands on hips too. Been doing hands on hips for years now.”

47. SBI TroII says:

Coach: Julian, think of all the endorsements you could have if you choose The US&A.
    [CLINT ENTERS]
    Clint: Yeah, Julian perhaps one day you can take over my role as American spokesman of Modelo Beer.

*Coach and Julian erupt in laughter*

Julian: Is this dude for real? The biggest American star and his most visible commercial is for Mexican beer…
    Coach: I think he was joking, It must be that dry Texas humor. [Takes Julian aside] Don’t worry I can get you most of the lucrative Freddy Adu sponsorships.
    Clint: Yells to Coach and Julian, “Hey, at least its better than GanaGol!”

48. EspinDOHla says:

Sweet. Thanks!

49. tundebanjo2 says:

Photo 1 – Klinsmann ” Look kid, stick with me you’re going places.”

Photo 2 – Klinsman ” Quick speak German Julian, so he doesn’t know we’re talking about him.”

50. Paul Miller says:

Caption: Sure, playing for Bayern is good, but you haven’t accomplished anything yet. You need to push for more and more. And let’s face it. Helping Germany to World Cup glory is getting to be kind of ho hum. After me, who is going to remember anyone who accomplished that? The real challenge is here on the USMNT… Did I ever tell you my theory on baking cakes?

51. jmadsen says:

1st pic: “Hmmmm…. I had always pictured God’s Gift to the US being a little taller”

52. Phil B says:

Clint: “If you work hard, one day you, too, can be a Seattle Sounder.”

53. GJJ says:

First Pic. “I know, they’re horrid. We’re going to look like frickin sailing team or an eleven man tennis squad……………but can we try and get past that?”

54. Angel says:

1st picture-
    Jurgen “Now try to look serious and not laugh when I tell you who you will try to beat out for a starting spot”

2nd picture-
    Jurgen trying to hold in the laughter “Julian this is Clint the guy that is ahead of you on the depth chart and the one you have to beat out. He just got back from an amazing loan”

Julian tried but couldnt hold in his laughter- “I will try my best”

55. donald says:

second photo: ‘clint, do the face for julien. do the face. do the face.’

56. Kiphino says:

Mein Bleistift is auch gelb.

57. Philly Union Used to Rule says:

Did you hear, Freddy Adu just agreed to a contract with Shakhtar Donetsk

58. donald says:

picture 1: “and i hope that’s the last we’re going to hear about der kaiser beckenbauer this and der kaiser beckenbauer that”

59. Paul Kisele says:

Juergen “this is Clint, his stock is plummeting worse than Enrons”

60. Duke says:

JK to Green : If you sign with us, I’ll make you part of my spine

61. justin says:

Jurgen: Hope u bought nat gas futures and shorted the DAX over the weekend BC this Ukraine nonsense is gonna triple ur heating bill.

Clint: This is why I left Europe in the first place

62. A.S.A. says:

The friendly is canceled

63. Joe+G says:

1st picture…

“Okay, Julian… try that again. ‘Oh, say can you see…”

64. QuakerOtis says:

Cancelled. Seems like the Ukrainian team doesn’t want to play while domestic and global policits tear their country apart.

65. TomG says:

Juergen: You ever been in a cockpit before?
    Julian: No sir, I’ve never been up in a helicopter before.
    Juergen: You ever…seen a grown man naked? Do you…like movies about gladiators?
    Later…
    Juergen: Julian, have you ever been…in a Turkish Prison?

66. Expat4455 says:

1st photo: Klinsmann: “Okay, we will formally announce it the end of the month, until then we keep it between ourselves”.
    2nd photo: Idea (thought) bulb over Klinsi’s and Green’s heads. “We know something you don’t”.

67. Joe A. says:

1st picture
    Julian: *thinks* Why is a german speaking with a new york accent?

2nd picture
    Juergen: You know clint here knows how to rap
    Julian: I need to get out of here now.

68. dude1 says:

1st Photo:

“Julian, forget them, forget all of them. The Germans supporters, the American supporters, the media. Look at me. Look into me eyes. My hazel, changeable eyes. Know that, whatever you choose- you just chose America didn’t you. If youreamericansaywhat? No takesies backsies!”

69. Brain Guy says:

JK: “Clint, Clint, please oh please do that weird ‘Deuce’ face to entertain my new friend here. Please?”

70. soccerhorn says:

Those grey training tops look sweet. Too bad that’s not the design for the primary WC kit.

71. blokhin says:

1st photo: JK to Julian “Julian, thanks again for agreeing to this dog and pony show. If Bayern ever discards you and I’m coaching a mid-table Bundesliga side, I promise you a contract. Now try not to get hurt playing with these scrubs and go win a World Cup for Deutschland-I did it and you can too”

2nd photo: “Hey Clint! I was just telling Julian about the exciting Hexagonal and Gold Cup wins! Tell him what it’s like to play Antigua AND Barbuda!”

72. Frank says:

picture 1:

Klinsmann: Julian, do you know what we need in order to defeat Germany,Ghana and Portugal at the WC?

Julian: Belief, sir?

Klinsmann: “Belief” is only my code word for crystal meth. That`s why we are here training in Germany – not because of you or the other German-Americans. We want to be close to our supplier, Madrigal Electromotive GmbH in Hannover. Why do you think Cherundolo is still so fit at the age of 35?

Julian: But isn`t that illegal, boss?

Klinsmann: Only if you get caught. I`m not the US coach for the money,Julian, I`m here to build an empire and to provide for the US soccer family.

73. Scott says:

“Clint, I promised him your position. No, seriously.”

74. Michael F. SBI Mafia Original says:

KLINSMAN: You see Julian, under my tutelage Clint earned a $6 million/year contract.
    (Laughter all around.)
    KLINSMAN: No…seriously.
    (Julian falls on the ground and continues laughing.)
    JULIAN: (Catching his breath…) OK, OK, I’ll do the one time switch. I’ll play for US of A.

75. Jordy says:

1st photo-”you know I’m one of the best goal scorers in history right?”
    “Yes Jurgen I am well aware. And you played for Germany.”
    “You could follow in my footsteps.”
    “You want me to play for Germany then to coach the USMNT?”
    “…I don’t think you have the belief to coach the USMNT!”
    “…I wish Michael Bradley was here.”

2nd photo-Klinsmann, “Clint, give Julian another reason to play for us.”
    Clint-”‘Murica.”

76. Ben Davidson says:

First Pic

“I know Bob Bradley couldn’t have got you here…”

77. Hush says:

2nd pic

Klins: Hey, Green.. Check out Clint wearing Alex Morgan’s tight jersey
    Green: heu hue ha You’re a funny man Mr. Klins.. But yes, shirt is definitely too tight sir
    Klins: Now if he could only play as tight as his tight jersey we would be in better shape
    Clint: Dawg, why you gots to be downing my swag yo!