Must-See Goal: Luis Rodriguez

LuisRodriguezAtleticoTucuman1 (InfoBAE)

This entry was posted in Must-See Goals, South American Soccer. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Must-See Goal: Luis Rodriguez

1. dude1 says:

There must be something in the water, there’s a lot of these kinds of shots going in recently, it’s quite the trend.

2. fifawitz1313 says:

What the heck was the goalie doing way over there?

3. Brain Guy says:

No reason at all for the goalkeeper to be out so far. Nice shot, though.

• Dinho says:

Really? What if a through-ball was played? You want your GK standing on the goal-line. Nothing at all wrong with the GK’s position.

This is just plain incredible vision and awareness from Rodriguez. Unreal.

• Brain Guy says:

I’ve never played the position, but it looked like he was already where he should be if a through-ball had already been played. That’s why you see the goalkeeper rushing off his line to deal with an attacking player trying to latch onto a through-ball. I agree he doesn’t need to stay right on the goal line, but he looked way, way out to me. Just my perception, though.

• Brain Guy says:

I checked again. The ‘keeper was slightly *outside* his area, with no attacking player within 40 yards of the goal.

• Dinho says:

You answered your own question… “with no attacking player within 40 yards of the goal.”

• Brain Guy says:

We’re just going to have to agree to disagree here. I can see coming out if the ball is at the other end. But this guy was in no-man’s land for no good reason. There was no one within 40 yards who could even run onto the hypothetical through-ball. Six yards out, even the PK spot, fine – but he was 20 yards out.

4. Sean says:

What the heck was the goalie doing that far out??

• Dinho says:

See my response to Brain Guy above…

The ball was at midfield. The GK was standing on the 18. Nothing at all wrong with his position. Pure genius from the goalscorer.

5. Eric says:

How on earth is that game 2-0 after literally one minute? Is Rodriguez’s side playing the local secondary school jv team?