Klinsmann, USMNT players recap first days of training camp

Jurgen Klinsmann

Photo by ISIPhotos.com

By DAN KARELL

After two days of U.S. Men’s National Team training, multiple players and head coach Jurgen Klinsmann stopped by U.S. Soccer to talk about the January camp so far.

Major League Soccer standouts Matt Besler, Mike Magee, and Graham Zusi each gave their thoughts on the first camp of the 2014 calendar year, with Magee saying that he plans on proving himself every day to make the final World Cup squad.

Watch the video after the jump:

This entry was posted in Featured, U.S. Men's National Team. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Klinsmann, USMNT players recap first days of training camp

1. Ryan says:

Seeing this video and hearing from some of the guys has gotten me even more pumped for this year!! As soon as the calendar turned the page all eyes have been on Brazil!! Oh, and I will be there every day of the tourney!!

2. Nate Dollars says:

i can’t watch the video right now, but i’m going to go out on a limb and say that klinsmann is excited.

3. Kevin_Amold says:

I would pay good money to get to observe a national team camp. I love these videos and any other glimpse into what goes on with the national team.

• iggy says:

you could start with one of the free/open training sessions they often have :)

not the same level and activity I am sure, but those would be really cool to see.

• soccerhorn says:

right? they keep this camp locked up tight. Nothing open to the public – ever. I drove by once, had the distinct priviledge of being told by a security guard to clear the area as I watched some guys leave the practice pitch and pile into a van.

4. Aaron in SF says:

We are getting through this group. That’s the mantra the next 6 months.

5. ASA says:

Who was that that sores the goal towards the end?

6. BrianK says:

Had a chuckle watching the woman reporter hovering behind Besler,…and then sliding the mic in.

7. Ryan in NYC by way of NC says:

MB90 to Toronto FC rumors?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo

• John says:

Is this all just coming from Twellman? Whats the source of this?

• John says:

Also are people in Toronto really going to get excited about a big name American player? Makes no sense to me.

• The Imperative Voice says:

I think they will respond to DeRo plus Gilberto plus Defoe plus Bradley, the rebuilding will be 75% done, and their long suffering fan base will have something to enthuse about.

8. Adam says:

Anyone notice the color change to the US Crest and website? The blue has gone from a dark navy to a more royal blue. I am assuming our new kits will move to this color scheme as well.

9. Soothesayer says:

“Unfortunately, it appears that Michael Bradley, of all people, could be joining us shortly GOD DAMNIT” *kicking/punching everything*