SBI MLS Save of the Week: Clint Irwin

ClintIrwinColoradoRapids3 (ColoradoRapids)

This entry was posted in Major League Soccer, MLS Weekly Awards, MLS- Colorado Rapids, SBI MLS Awards, SBI MLS Save of the Week. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to SBI MLS Save of the Week: Clint Irwin

1. Tony in Quakeland says:

Donovan Ricketts preserving the 2-2 tie was better.

2. Ron says:

Looks like Clint Irwin has a receding hairline. It’s only a matter of time until he reaches his prime when he has no hair.

3. fischy says:

Looks a little like Jake Gylenhaal there. THen again, I used to say Perkins reminded of David Schwimmer.

4. ChiPersianFlip says:

BTW, whatever happened to Steve Zakuwani (sp)? To this day, I bet he privately hates Mullins. His career is pretty much over.

• dfs says:

There was a serious complication from the break where blood was pooling and putting pressure on a nerve in his leg. So it took him about 18 months to come back to full physical form from the break, then he had a bad groin injury that the training staff said was a result of his gait changing after the break. He’s just gotten back from that and he was in the 18 for the colorado match.

• ChiPersianFlip says:

I doubt he will ever return to normal. I just feel bad for him though and I wouldn’t be surprised if he still hates that guy.

5. Doug says:

Ricketts was fantastic vs. Vancouver.

6. RB says:

Nice to see Irwin picked here.

For save of the year, Penedo’s leap across the open net to miraculously keep the road shutout against Vancouver has got to be right up there.

7. John says:

Sean John son made 3 saves in the match against DC United that were better than Irwin’s.

• RB says:

Not from what I saw (the one nominated along with Irwin’s, Rickett’s and others’ on the MLS site). Did he have others in that match better than that one?