Sporting KC recall Sapong from loan

C.J Sapong .

Photo by ISIPhotos.com

By DAN KARELL

After playing in three matches for Orlando City SC in the past seven days, C.J. Sapong has returned to Kansas City.

Sporting Kansas City announced on Thursday that Sapong has been recalled to the MLS club following a successful week in USL-Pro. In three games, Sapong recorded one goal and one assist, and drew the game-winning penalty kick in last Thursday’s match against the Charleston Battery.

Sapong will be available for selection this Saturday, as Sporting KC visit Real Salt Lake. The 24-year-old has one goal and one assist in 14 MLS games this season.

What do you think of this news? Surprised to see Sapong back so soon?

This entry was posted in Major League Soccer, MLS- Sporting Kansas City. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Sporting KC recall Sapong from loan

1. Josh says:

If anyone can explain me to the logic behind my team sending out and recalling loans, I am all ears.

2. Blake says:

Hopefully it’s to trade him. He’s been awful for SKC this year.

3. Chance says:

Well, that was certainly short.

4. Travis says:

Sending people for one week loans is pointless, let him get a run in where he was sent and bring him back in a couple months. Nonsense move

5. Rex says:

3 games in 7 days is a big reason. How long would it have taken to get that kinda time with SKC? Also he produced in all 3 games. He got some games, did well, time to come home.

6. bryan says:

wait, what?!?! this loan stuff is a great idea, but lets not ruin it by doing stuff like this.

7. Josh says:

Perhaps some of this was to send a message to young CJ, that he needed to step it up. A wake up call if you will.

8. Daniel says:

Wasn’t this supposed to last the rest of the season? Whispers are that Dwyer going back to SKC was just a trial/evaluation to check his progress and he’ll be back in Orlando soon #keepcalmwithdomon

9. Hunt Daddy says:

I’d be furious if I was the Orlando City striker who lost PT due to that “loan”

10. Pitt Evertonian says:

He was invisible last night for Orlando vs. Pittsburgh. Although he had a few nice flops…Looked like he didn’t want to be there.

• Aero says:

I was at the Pittsburgh/Orlando game last night. Sapong didn’t look out of place playing in 3rd Tier soccer. If I was a manager the player from that game I would take a look at is Jose Angulo…

11. Dave says:

Just trade him to DC United. We’ll take him. He can be our 16th new player this year.

12. Iggy says:

They should set a minimum time period a loan has to be for. Recalling a guy after a week said you never had the intention of having him go there.

if I was a fellow lower division owner/fan I would be pissed if a competitive team has a link to an MLS team can “rent a ringer” for a few weeks if the circumstances permit.

13. as a dc united fan i would take any of the leftover scraps from skc. send him our way. we have an entire team of orlando wannabes.

14. matt says:

We will take Perry Kitchen for CJ Sapong, plus a sweetener, 3 rd pick (1st supp).