MLS Week 11 (SBI Live Commentary)

MLSLogo2013

By IVES GALARCEP

A busy Wednesday night in Major League Soccer features six matches, including some tasty match-ups between teams leading each conference.

The New York Red Bulls play host to the Montreal Impact in a match-up of teams tied for first place in the Eastern Conference. The Red Bulls will try to contain Marco DiVaio while also unleashing Thierry Henry at a tough Impact defense.

Out West, FC Dallas take on the Portland Timbers in a battle of the top teams in the Western Conference. Both teams enter with just one loss, but the Timbers will look for a win to close the gap on a Dallas side that started the season very strongly.

In Kansas City, Sporting KC faces a Seattle Sounders side desperate for points and desperate to climb out of the West basement. Speaking of teams in the basement, D.C. United is coming off a bye week and looking to take advantage of a tired Houston Dynamo side that just flew cross-country after beating the Los Angeles Galaxy on the road.

The evening’s other matches include New England playing host to Real Salt Lake, while the San Jose Earthquakes look to snap a streak of draws against a TFC side suddenly mired in a long winless skid of their own.

SBI will be providing live commentary on tonight’s matches so please feel free to follow along with all of tonight’s MLS action here. As

This entry was posted in Featured, Major League Soccer, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to MLS Week 11 (SBI Live Commentary)

1. downintexas says:

Which game is free on mls live?

2. Bob says:

Bad attendance has been a theme this year. What can MLS do to improve it?

• Travis says:

Weeknights are generally rough for attendance, especially if the game is before like 7 local time, doesnt leave a ton of time for people to get to the game after work.

3. ChiTown says:

Oh my god Bil Hamid with the errors or errors.

4. ed - houston says:

I honestly thought DC would make a game of it. There’s still plenty of time, entire second half, but they are not looking good at all.

5. Jon says:

Weekday home games for DC and NY…attendance is ghastly.

6. SoccerLee says:

The Revs should be ashamed of their fans! I’ve seen more people at high school games

7. MemRook says:

Not quite on topic:

Isn’t the home team traditionally listed first? And not second? It confuses me when I flip on an MLS game and the visiting team is listed first. Am I wrong?

• PSU says:

As an American sports fan, the other way confuses me. American sports usually list away team at home team. Seems to be a clock counting up vs down thing.

• MemRook says:

So what would be better:

A standardization of teams listed traditionally for sports (soccer, for example) or teams listed by geography (America, for example)?

I ask because I have seen MLS games on espn that are listed home teams first, so clearly it’s not standardized. Should MLS go with tradition or ‘Murica???

• PSU says:

I don’t think there’s a clear, good answer. The MLS website lists home teams first, so I think the media outlets should follow their suit. However, I don’t think that’s going to happen.

I’m for going full on ‘Murica, but I think it’ll eventually be home teams first.

• MemRook says:

Yeah it’s not a big deal at all; but it’d be nice to see some consistency. I think I prefer MLS (being a sport akin to soccer…jk) staying with the rest of the world and listing home team first. That’s just personal preference though.

• MemRook says:

Also,

I forgot to mention its even more confusing/annoying when my MLSLive app has home teams listed first then the actual broadcast is the opposite. Why not make them the same?

8. MemRook says:

Kei Kamara is already on the bench???? That was fast!

9. MemRook says:

MLS live subscriber dilemma:

Trying to decipher which game will be the most entertaining/interesting game to watch live, especially when so many games overlap. Anyone else?

I’m going with the juicy KC/Sea game on main tv with FCD/Portland on iPad. Highlights of everything else on phone lol.

10. ed - houston says:

oh my, Driver with a goal, Bruin best player of the game. COME ON DC

11. ed - houston says:

Much credit to DC fans that went and stayed until the end of the game. You all are true supporters.

12. Travis says:

Seattle got away with a blatant handball in the box last game, KC just got away with one against them. It all evens out eventually.

13. Pepe says:

Bruin with 2 goals and 2 assists. Dancing bear is turning into a beast.

14. Travis says:

Thin skinned ref in KC evidently, just sent off Seattles backup goalie from the bench, are you serious?

15. AcidBurn says:

Henry just submitted his nomination for goal of the week. Class!

16. Vic says:

This is the best Red Bull team I’ve ever seen. I’m including the Metrostars. Whats really impressive is they’re getting 60-65% possession a game. Rare to do that in MLS.

17. Joamiq says:

The scoreline might not reflect it, but the Red Bulls put on an attacking masterclass for much of the night. That was as fluid soccer as I’ve ever seen in MLS. I couldn’t believe the passing and movement I was seeing. Very excited to see if they can build on this. Too bad the defense had some struggles and Robles committed another goal gifting blunder.

• Joamiq says:

(why on earth is this in moderation…)

• MemRook says:

Any word with the combination of letters a, s and s in that exact order (p*ss, m*ssive, mastercl*ss) will trigger moderation. You can say damn and some other ones I can’t remember but not the a, s, s word.

18. Travis says:

Traore with the winner in the 94th minute off a long throw in, a tie probably would have been fair but seattle will take the three points

19. Chupacabra says:

Sad how all the different local broadcasters ( especially ones based in the pacific northwest) can’t adhere to a few simple standards. The Seattle broadcast stopped the clock at 90:00 and the Portland broadcast has the away team listed first in the score box instead of the traditional home/away order. Both need to be informed that just having an announcer with a British accent isn’t enough.

20. Chupacabra says:

My god Dallas has some fat fans.

21. MemRook says:

San Jose, kings of comebacks + Toronto, masters of late disasters = inevitability.