SBI MLS Best XI: Week Nine

Roy Miller

By IVES GALARCEP

It was a week of surprises in MLS, which is reflected by some of the selections on this week’s SBI MLS Best XI. From a back-up goalkeeper to the enigmatic Roy Miller, some of the picks were players few could have pictured making such a team a week ago.

Los Angeles Galaxy goalkeeper Brian Rowe stepped in for Carlo Cudicini and all he did was turn in the best performance by a Galaxy goalkeeper all season. His heroics helped the Galaxy earn a 2-0 victory against Real Salt Lake.

Another unlikely selection was Miller, who turned in arguably his best game of the season in helping the Red Bulls beat Toronto FC. The much-maligned Costa Rican left back set up a goal and locked down his side of the field.

Here is SBI’s MLS Best XI for Week Nine:

SBI MLS Best XI (Week Nine)

Rodney Wallace———-Ryan Johnson———–Jairo Arrieta

——Shea Salinas———Tim Cahill———–Lee Nguyen——-

Roy Miller—–Drew Moor—-Jose Goncalves—-Chance Myers

—————————-Brian Rowe———————————

HONORABLE MENTION

Raul Fernandez, Bobby Shuttleworth, Josh Williams, Matt Hedges, Corey Ashe, Will Johnson, Jorge Villafana, Kyle Beckerman, Davy Arnaud, Mike Magee, Andres Romero, Dominic Oduro, Kekuta Manneh, Marco DiVaio, Camilo Sanvezzo.

————–

What do you think of this week’s selections? Who missed the cut that you feel should have been on the team? Who are you happy to see get recognized?

This entry was posted in Featured, Major League Soccer, SBI MLS Best XI, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to SBI MLS Best XI: Week Nine

1. Michael F. SBI Mafia Original says:

It might have been Miller’s best game of his MLS career. I’ve been watching him and I just can’t believe it’s him. Good for him. How long until the calls to test for PEDs?

2. Chance says:

Rodney Wallace is a completely different player since Porter showed up and started putting him on the wing. It’s nice to see. I was one of his biggest critics last season (I called for his head on more than a few occasions).

3. Beantown Strong says:

Kudos on recognizing Jose Goncalves. He has been a beast this season for NE. Weird that the mlsssoccer.com dudes don’t seem to rate him.

4. J says:

Fix the wack ad service for mobile users. No other site I ever go to does this.

• EasyE says:

+10000000000000000 I dont even come here on my iPhone anymore. I am redirected to random adverts everytime

5. ec says:

So you’re saying that my draft-day prediction that Rodney Wallace would have a better career than Maryland-teammate Omar Gonzalez is still alive?!?

6. bottlcaps says:

Well, I think Brian Rowe had a good week. 1st MLS career start, 1st career clean sheet, 1st MoM. and now 1st SBI best 11 !!! Now back to the bench. LOL

7. manicmessiah says:

After San Jose, the only time I thought I’d see Roy Miller in a best XI was April 1st.

8. Jim says:

Henry was a big part of both Cahill goals. A brilliant dummy to set Cahill up for the first goal, and a sublime cross across the 6 yard box for the second goal, and he’s missing from the list. Maybe it was an average game for Thierry, but it was still a pretty impressive performance from an MLS perspective.