The SBI Podcast: Episode 5 with special guest Eddie Johnson

By IVES GALARCEP

Eddie Johnson enjoyed a dream 2012, resurrecting his career and re-establishing himself as one of the best American forwards around. He prepares to kick off the new year on Tuesday night when he and the U.S. Men’s National Team take on Canada in Houston.

Johnson joined us on the latest episode of The SBI Podcast and shared his thoughts on 2012, the current U.S. National Team camp, and the ups and downs of a career that has come full circle. The Seattle Sounders striker talks to us about the regrets of his time in Europe, his thoughts on Fredy Montero’s departure from the Sounders and what lies ahead in 2013.

SBI Podcast co-host Garrett Cleverly and I tough on a variety of other topics as well on Episode 5, including the Chivas USA makeover, the USA-Canada match on Tuesday and much more.

Enjoy the show (Episode 5 of The SBI Podcast is after the jump):

You can now listen to The SBI Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher, so be sure to subscribe to the show and let us know how you think we are doing.

What do you think of Episode 5? Impressed with Johnson’s perspective? Agree or disagree with my take on Chivas USA? How do you see Tuesday’s USA-Canada match going?

This entry was posted in Featured, MLS- Seattle Sounders, Podcasts, U.S. Men's National Team. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to The SBI Podcast: Episode 5 with special guest Eddie Johnson

1. Michael Galietta says:

Ives…absolutely loving the podcasts…it has been worth the wait. I must say, however, I am not a big fan of Garrett…just not digging his delivery.

2. az says:

any way we can download these so we can listen while not at work/when we dont have internet connection?

• Garrett says:

Yes. We mentioned in the show you can download this on iTunes, search SBIpodcast and click the link with the missing picture. Or you can download on Stitcher.

3. He_Han says:

It would be great to be able to download these on iTunes!

4. Dainja says:

WOWWWWWW! my MAN! “No way you’ll never make it, come with that weak ISH I break kids!” Big ups for dropping the Gangstarr beat at the top. I swear, I initially listen to these just to check out the hiphop. keep it up!

5. Bostich says:

A podcast that praises Seattle and bashes Chivas USA. Nothing original here.

6. Nic D "The TX 2 Stepper" says:

Yo, I wanna listen to the podcast but my podcast program needs a URL. What is it?

7. Daniel says:

Wow great podcast guys! I just subscribed on iTunes

It is great to hear Eddie’s own words about his comeback last year. I’m hoping he has an even stronger year in 2013 for both the club and international play.

8. Sam R. says:

Anybody else expeirencing the volume randomly going up and down?

9. jon says:

Eddie comes across as genuine, mature, and intelligent. I’d admittedly lost faith in the guy, but now really rooting for him

10. Bobb says:

Great podcasts, but you really need to do something about the mic volume. The entire first half it sounded like I was listening to you guys talking through a wall. I was listening in my car and had the volume up to like 60… if I unplugged my iPhone at that point the radio would have probably burst my eardrums.
    In addition to being muffled and way too soft, the volume and clarity both go up and down arbitrarily throughout. Or maybe not arbitrarily, maybe you guys were changing something…

• Colin in MT says:

Same thing happens on my iPhone. Also, it stops playing on my “podcasts” player if i leave the app or my phone goes to sleep. the other pods i listen to don’t do that.

But I love the pod, particularly all the great interviews you guys are getting.

11. Tyler says:

Loving the Lupe on the outro guys. Keep up the good work.

12. Zack says:

An MLS soccer podcast that has great guests and informed commentary AND I don’t have to listen to Simon Borg. I’m in heaven.

13. Nic D "The TX 2 Stepper" says:

Ives, I can help with some of the audio issues. Hit me up if you need anything.

Not an SBI original but I came to the party as soon as I heard …lol