Must-See Goal: Michael Bradley

This entry was posted in Featured, Must-See Goals, U.S. Men's National Team. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Must-See Goal: Michael Bradley

1. Austin Cooper says:

And this is why Bradley must be playing where Jones played….

2. Darwin says:

Jones did well in his position. He fought and held possession and got in position to shoot and cross. His shooting and crossing is not the best, which is why we need someone to play off of him. Alas, three D-mids…

3. Jeb says:

Bradley is a beast. There is no denying that.

4. Indigo Montoya says:

Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole!!!!!!!

5. David JS says:

GLORIOUS goal from MB. He is our best player hands down, probably has been for the last 24 months, but there’s no denying it anymore. What a complete player he’s turned into.

6. OPMG says:

Jones did not do well and there is no way he should ever be further up the pitch than Bradley. Jones struggled any time he got the ball in the attacking third

7. matt says:

Bradley is more important than donovan or dempsey. no doubt about it.

8. Kevin_Amold says:

I felt like I was the only one that didn’t think Jones had a horrible game. I thought he was adequate. Got down the left side quite a lot in the second half into dangerous areas.

• BigDogg says:

He can play a decent cross, but doesn’t have the creativity to play a through ball into the box and doesn’t know what to do when he finds himself in space.

• Kevin_Amold says:

He’s not a perfect player. But he was a net positive, in my opinion today. I think there is a “hate Jones” faction within US fans and I don’t understand their gripes.

• OPMG says:

I don’t think it’s a ‘hate Jones’ thing at all. I think it’s a frustration that we keep seeing 3 DM’s that can’t work together to play fluid, attacking soccer. Between Bradley, Williams and Jones I think Jones is the odd man out and should be replaced by an attack-minded midfielder. I also prefer a 4-1-3-2, or 4-4-2 to the 4-3-3 because it allows Bradley and Williams to play centrally together

• Kevin_Amold says:

Your criticisms may not be based on a hatred of Jones, but I think many are prone to criticize Jones regardless of whether he stunk or not.

• THomas says:

Ya I think when Sacha came in Jones was moved into the left forward positions and Sacha moved into his spot in midfield. Strange, but Jones did show up in dangerous spots quite often which was surprising.

9. THomas says:

Yum…he doesn’t score often because he is positioned deep. But when he does, they sure are wonderful.

10. Brett says:

I’ve wanted to see Bradley in a more forward role ever since his breakout season at Heerenveen. He’s got a nose for goal, the positioning awareness to be a poacher, and the shooting technique to score from distance.

11. Andy says:

Mix-Bradley pairing would be better.

12. Brian says:

Once Donovan and Dempsey get back (hopefully depending on Donovan’s “mood”), this team will have a capable offensive front.

In a related note, would love to see a Donovan/ Jozy pairing up top kinda like how the galaxy use Keane and Donovan. Jozy with the hold up play and Donovan running the channels can be deadly.

Just thinking out loud here