USMNT reacts to win over Jamaica

This entry was posted in U.S. Men's National Team, YouTube Soccer Clips. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to USMNT reacts to win over Jamaica

1. Eli says:

Does anyone miss JONATHAN BORSTEIN..?????lol worst mnt player

2. ACW3rd says:

At some point in the future, Carlos Bocanegra is going to be a good TV soccer commentator. Strong camera presence, commanding voice, articulate. Of course, that all may change after several more years on the pitch and what I would presume to be a lengthy career in coaching.

3. Spank says:

Well i would hope so. I wish he could commentate and play at the same time. Anything to replace Taylor Twellman and his “All’s you have to do” talk.

4. Kevin_Amold says:

No need to pile on. He answered the call of his country, did his best, and always seemed to own up to mistakes. I can admire a USMNT player like that.

5. Ryan in NYC from NC says:

I was no fan of dude, but no need to tap-dance on a man’s usmnt grave.

6. PD says:

hear hear.

7. CÉU says:

Answer me guys, this one GOL was not more exciting than a score of 36×24? There was equal to an orgasm?

8. happyjuggler0 says:

I like Dempsey’s reaction *during* the game; an instant classic:

link to youtube.com

9. .. says:

he sure played well in those 2 matches at the WC.

10. .. says:

always thought he’d become a model

11. .. says:

It’s the next Internet sensation

12. sodak_in_nyc says:

I was sleepy so I think I hope I was dreaming when Dempsey got megged by their keeper 50 yards off his line.

13. skyman says:

It’s strange to say, but he did play well Ghana.

14. Carl says:

Columbus continues to be the best place for USMNT to play critical games. You can tell the players are very comfortable there, whereas opponents don’t like it.

15. Chief Hung Like A Bear says:

I know this is odd to say about a national team player, but Danny Williams speaks great English.

16. quozzel says:

Has a US striker ever become as central to the USMNT as Herculez Gomez with this little fanfare? Game in, game out for the USA – you stick him in there, he just gets it done…and nobody seems that excited about him for some reason. I don’t know if it’s because he’s 30 and what you see is pretty much what you’re going to get, or because he plays in Mexico instead of some sexier club in Europe, or is more poacher than breakaway artist or the classic superman archetype Americans so love in sport…but he’s easily the USA’s most productive and consistent forward since Brian McBride and his big moments and clutch finishes are starting to pile up. Jozy Altidore is not a bad forward and has certainly gotten better since he got to AZ – but it seldom takes long in any game for Gomez to show he’s well ahead of Altidore right now.

I’m getting to be a big Herculez Gomez fan, myself, and I think he might have quietly worked his way into the top half of the roster – those guys who are stone cold locks to start if they’re available and healthy, like Dempsey, Donovan, Howard, Bradley, etc…

Also, Zusi really put himself on the radar with that performance. There’s a huge hole on the right side of the field behind Donovan and Zusi really put himself forth as the guy who can fill it.