This Weekend’s Soccer on TV

DempseyUSA (Getty Images)

Leagues around the world take a back seat to the international game, as World Cup qualifying resumes.

The marquee match for U.S. soccer fans is the U.S. men's national team's battle against Jamaica Friday night, where the U.S. can claim sole possession of first place in its qualifying group with a win. The rest of the CONCACAF qualifying field is in action as well, as Mexico faces Costa Rica in a high-profile match between Group B favorites and Panama and Canada duke it out with first place in Group C on the line.

A world champion will be crowned on the women's U-20 level this weekend as well, as the U.S. U-20 women aim for their third World Cup title against a powerful Germany side.

There is one MLS game on the schedule this weekend, too, as the Seattle Sounders meet Chivas USA two weeks after the Sounders routed the Goats 6-2 behind a Fredy Montero hat trick at the Home Depot Center.

Here is this weekend's soccer on TV:

THIS WEEKEND'S SOCCER ON TV

8 p.m. – beIN Sport 1 – Jamaica vs. USA

9:10 p.m. – beIN Sport ñ – Peru vs. Venezuela

9:30 p.m. – Pay-Per-View - El Salvador vs. Guyana

10 p.m. – Telemundo – Costa Rica vs. Mexico

10 p.m. – Pay-Per-View – Guatemala vs. Antigua and Barbuda

SATURDAY

2:20 a.m. – ESPNU/ESPN3.com – Japan vs. Nigeria (U-20 Women's World Cup third-place game)

6:10 a.m. – ESPNU/ESPN3.com/Univision Deportes – USA vs. Germany (U-20 Women's World Cup final)

10 a.m. – ESPN3.com - Scotland vs. Serbia

4 p.m. – MLS Live/Direct Kick – Seattle Sounders vs. Chivas USA

7 p.m. – ESPN3.com – Virginia Tech vs. North Carolina

SUNDAY

3 p.m. – ESPN3.com – Santos vs. Sao Paulo

3:10 p.m. – GOLTV – Argentinos Juniors vs. Boca Juniors

5:30 p.m. – GOLTV – Atletico MG vs. Palmeiras

This entry was posted in Soccer on TV. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to This Weekend’s Soccer on TV

1. andrew in tally says:

Thought the game was at 7 p.m. ET?

2. drew says:

So pumped to have just found BeIN Sport on Comcast in San Francisco. My day just got a lot brighter.

3. adam says:

I found it in Montgomery County, MD, but I can’t access it because it’s in the Latino tier… apparently my sports package isn’t good enough.

4. John says:

Christmas in September. BeIN Comcast Ft. Lauderdale.

5. topher says:

WTF is beIN??? I have to go home and pray I have that.

6. Conrad says:

Weird. In Portland, OR, it is part of the Comcast sports package, you might want to call and complain.

What I’m trying to figure out is whether it will be live or delayed (I only have the Spanish version as of now). The on-screen guide says it will be live, but everywhere else says it will be delayed on the Spanish feed. This is an issue because I work tonight and have to record the game. I may just record the channel all evening to be safe.

7. John says:

Where have you been? An Al Jazeera owned Sports Channel that bought the US rights for La Liga and all the US away games.

8. whoop-whoop says:

Amazing to live in a day and age and nation where technology means that I can sit back in the comfort and enjoy matches from nations from all over the world…. Andorra, Montenegro, Latvia, Barbuda… Course, this day and age also includes twisted economics and business deals that prevent me from seeing my home nation’s game. What can a guy do…. chug a beer and pull for the Cypriots to crush Albanians the I guess.

9. George says:

LOL!! My thoughts exactly! Watching Ireland vs Kazakstan, which was not on my to do list today.

10. RB says:

Just added BeIN in a DirecTV sports package but the game still isn’t on live tonight, according to my listings. Not showing until 8 am Saturday (Mountain time). What gives?

11. Kevin_Amold says:

Are Phil Schoen and Ray Hudson doing tonight’s game?

12. sef-one says:

Ay, drew, what channel in SF?

13. Prayers answered says:

BeIN Sports COMCAST UPDATE:
    - Channel went live yesterday
    - It’s in with the Spanish stations on 651 (bay area at least)
    - Just like GOL TV it broadcasts in Spanish and English. Just go into the cable settings menu and change the language preference from “channel” to “English”. And yes – Ray/ Phil will call tonights game
    - YOU DON”T NEED THE SPANISH PACKAGE to get the channel. But you do need the premium sports package which gets you GOL TV, FSC, ESPN U, etc…

Call COMCAST ASAP and the channel will be up before the game. Too bad lots of you won’t have set your DVRs but best of luck either way!!!

14. luis says:

beIN ñ and beIN 1 are two different channels?

15. soccerhorn says:

Report on Extra Time Radiio podcast last night (while interviewing Phil Schoen) states that Ray Hudson is OUT as announcer for tonight’s game. Marcelo Balboa is IN. Pity. Obviously BeIn Sports is not ready to handle the awesomeness that is Ray Hudson.

16. cj says:

I just turned on beIN. Its in Spanish for me in NJ. How about you? Will it stay in Spanish for the game tonight?

17. ex_sweeper says:

Any sports bars or restaurants in the Bay Area showing the game?

18. Brian says:

Yes. I’m going to Jack’s Bar in San Jose. Danny Coyle’s in SF will be showing it as well.

19. SoccerfanMD says:

Found it in Anne Arundel County in MD right outside of Baltimore on Comcast channel 583. The only thing I wish was that the coverage was in English instead of Spanish. I also wished an American carrier pick-up the game. At least I’m able to see tonight’s match.

20. Louis Z says:

if you have the DirecTv sports package AND the spanish package…you will have both BeIn channels.
    Life is good :-)

21. drew says:

651 – but it is on a delay it looks like. It says it’s coming on live, but they have Argentina on now and its in the 30th minute. I think it will come on at 8:45pm according to the online schedule.

22. Folsom says:

Never heard of bein before but loved the Bolivia, Ecuador game. Besides anything is better than paying $30 for the low def. game in Guatemala. So far Im liking the new channel.

23. Jidax says:

HEy guys go here !! wait for the add to go away and then watch the game, Deuce scores in the first minute

link to oleoletv.com