MNT in Germany: Steve Cherundolo

This entry was posted in Americans Abroad, U.S. Men's National Team, YouTube Soccer Clips. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to MNT in Germany: Steve Cherundolo

1. Kevin_Amold says:

The Mayor is a legend. Keep these videos coming US Soccer.

2. jay says:

I could literally watch these videos all day every day. So well done. The insight into the lives of these guys is really tremendous. I know it helps to live abroad, but all of our Yanks’ language abilities really impress me.

3. VMan says:

great vid … love Cherundolo. He has been a rock for so long. Not sure what his role will be by 2014, but he’s been a great player for us.

4. Dave says:

What a classy guy. Damn proud.

5. dan says:

“Hi, my name is Steve Cherundolo, and I am cooler than the other side of the pillow in Siberia.”

6. ARGH says:

Most famous American soccer player in Germany?

7. ARGH says:

Nicest dude ever. what Hollywood actor does he resemble?

8. KEVIN says:

Nearly 14 years at the same club. A decade of which in the Bundesliga and for the past 2 years in the Europa League

9. Byrdman says:

If you have never moved to another country with a different language, it may be hard to understand the struggle for our guys abroad. My family recently moved to the Dominican Republic, and it has been fun, but very trying at times. IT is very hard to relax. Alot of what we do to just wind down, is tied to our language. Watch TV, read the paper, go to a movie, hang out in a park, have friends over, go get a bite to eat…

Anyway, I am amazed at the abilities and determination of all professional athletes who move away from home and learn new cultures. Guys like Jozy who have been in numerous countries, well.. I can’t imagine how frustrating that could be. Maybe I should be a little more patient…….. Naaaahhhhhhhh!

10. falckskejrnrn3n3nbwbwbeee says:

Exactly. A foreigner abroad whose just an expat may find their patriotism increases during their stay, unintentionally of course

11. Number 4 says:

They need to do 1 of these for Clarence Goodson in Denmark and Oguchi Onyewu well while he was in Portugal

12. Felix says:

These videos are the coolest, I love when US Soccer puts these out – I wish they did more of them.

13. whoop-whoop says:

It seems without fail, every time I see one of these pieces on our players, in spite of varying backgrounds, I am struck that each are extremely grounded, down to earth, intelligent people. Just regular guys…. who happen to be really good at what they do. Makes it very easy to pull for them.

14. TheFrenchOne says:

apparently i am the only one who find the video about depressing. maybe i was expecting to see dolo interact with the locals and to see him banter with his teamates. still cool to see where he lives and the town. i lived in germany for 3 years, so it brings back (mostly good) memories.

15. Madaoua05 says:

Stevie has got a surprisingly good golf swing. I was really impressed.

16. Kevin_Amold says:

Oguchi Onyewu in Ital, wait, Portugal. Correction, Spain….

17. Number 4 says:

They probably filmed it on a weekend in August before the start of the match. Might explain that or perhaps club didn’t give permission to film him at the club.

Very similar to the video he did 6 and a half years ago

18. bryan says:

great video. i love these things! i wish there was full length film for each player. lol

19. kevdflb says:

I think I could watch a half hour about Cherundolo in Hanover.

He seems like an incredibly warm, humble and intelligent person.

20. inkedAG says:

completely!

21. Marc Silverstein says:

going way back…the Kasey Keller video at his German castle was also pretty cool.

22. Don Pelayo says:

Fantastic piece. Cherundolo is one classy dude. It seems that all of our players who have succeeded abroad are very intelligent and open to immersing themselves in a new culture.