USMNT reactions to win over Mexico at Azteca

This entry was posted in International Soccer, Mexican Soccer, U.S. Men's National Team, YouTube Soccer Clips. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to USMNT reactions to win over Mexico at Azteca

1. Mig22 says:

I like the measured remarks by Donovan. He assesses the result, calls it special but doesn’t assign any significance other than likening it to another successful friendly, the Italy game. He also talks with substance about what went right and how much room for improvement there is with this bunch of potential. It was nice to hear someone talk about the game with some realism.

2. Kevin_Amold says:

My appetite for coverage, reaction, highlights and quotes seems to be insatiable.

COYY!

3. elgringorico says:

haha, right. GIMME MORE. We want to live this moment forever.

4. Kevin_Amold says:

My appetite for coverage, reaction, highlights and quotes *from this game* seems to be insatiable.

5. @ClevelandGooner says:

Loving more of Cameron every second I see him. Seems a genuinely likable USMNT guy. Too bad he’s going to Stoke, because of where they’re going to play him, and well because it’s Stoke.

6. Old School says:

Realism?

Donovan is robotic in his responses, in every interview.

7. Old School says:

I also heard the reports of Defensive Mid, too.

However, nothing is set in stone. Ya know?

8. KP1935 says:

I agree with Old School. Even Howard was excited. He’s always monotone.

9. Matt says:

I will say this.. throughout his career, Donovan has always been blunt and straightforward during interviews (maybe evne too much so), not just giving the cliche answer, but rather actually analyzing strengths and weaknesses… not real emotional, but I prefer his honest, well thought out analysis more than the rah rah.

10. Eurosnob says:

If I recall correctly, the younger Donovan was a lot less bland. Wasn’t he screaming “Donde esta Mexico?” after an important win.

11. GW says:

Do you and OS care more about how he sounds or what he says?

Or would you prefer Ryan Seacrest do the responding for the US team?

12. GW says:

Just because he plays defensive mid for Stoke, it does not mean he can’t play center back for the US.

13. Old School says:

Did I state that?

Don’t project. You look silly. Which you did.

14. Old School says:

I don’t care about what he says in general. There’s a small segment of athletes that are honest, candid and sincere…Donovan is not, for my money, in that category.

He’s ALWAYS been calculated and borderline scripted in his response.

Are you a Ryan Seacrest fan? If so, maybe you could hook that interview up and MAYBE Donovan would be less robotic.

Otherwise, no. I don’t care how he sounds or what he says.

15. Dw says:

When you say “more than the rah rah,” are you reffering to the answers from the other players or just commenting as a generalization? What exactly do you mean by that?

16. Ricardo says:

Maybe they should interview a guy who YOU think is a good player…Jermaine Jones

17. Old School says:

Has nothing to do with who is “a good player”. Why is that the criteria now?

Donovan is a robot and gives cliche responses. There’s simply no discussion.

18. ronniet23 says:

hahaha….hilarious!

19. NE Matt says:

Geoff Cameron is the man! Like really, that guy is the definition of cool.

20. GW says:

Which has nothing to do with the fact that Cameron’s position at Stoke is unlikely to change where he plays for the US.

After all, it’s clear JK can play defensive midfielders at center back and get a good performance out of them.

21. GW says:

Grant Wahl claims Donovan is one of the most honest interviews in sport.

He is the US player most likely to say something interesting or insightful. Of course he is also interviewed more than the others so maybe it is just a question of sample size.

Because of his status he is also one of the few US players who can be critical in his interviews, something you rarely hear.

22. Sabella says:

I’ve always found Donovan to have the ability in a post-game interview to react unemotionally and provide an honest analysis of what went right and what went wrong. He’s certainly a pro; I don’t think I would call him robotic.

23. vik says:

He has a monotone; but what he says is always thoughtful and even insightful. For me, I don’t think there’s another athlete who answers questions so completely.