GolTV to air U.S. Open Cup Final

USOpenCupLogo

If you were wondering where you would be able to watch the 2012 U.S. Open Cup Final between Sporting Kansas City and the Seattle Sounders, wonder no more.

GolTV has reached a multi-year agreement with the U.S. Soccer Federation to broadcast the U.S. Open Cup Final, the network announced on Wednesday. The 99-year-old tournament features teams from all levels of American soccer, though 15 of the past 16 champions have been MLS teams.

Sporting KC will look to become No. 16 of 17 when they play host to the three-time defending champion Sounders on Aug. 8th at Livestrong Sporting Park (9pm).

This entry was posted in MLS- Seattle Sounders, MLS- Sporting Kansas City, U.S. Open Cup. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to GolTV to air U.S. Open Cup Final

1. Charles says:

Fox Soccer thought the asking price was too high, but GolTV was able to make the same price work ?

What a joke Fox Soccer is. IF MLS ever has to take that step back again, I will fear for the league.

2. Jon says:

With GolTV having lost La Liga and the Europa, I can’t fathom how they survive. The Bundesliga, random S. American games, and the Cup ain’t gonna cut it.

3. Travis says:

I am still wondering where I will be able to watch since I will be in the middle of nowhere Louisiana, ugh.

4. Rob says:

Who the F has GolTV??? What a huge blow for this tourney! All of 3 ppl will be able to watch this now. Ugh! Soooo disappointed.

5. BetaMale says:

Just stream the games online

6. SilverRey says:

You should be able to stream it off of ussoccer.com (usopencup.com). Otherwise, learn spanish…

7. Chupacabra says:

They don’t deseve to survive. I was watching a live match broadcast last week and they ran lame ads during the 70th to 85th minute, missing a goal in the process. Screw ‘em.

8. Chupacabra says:

Only the ads are in Spanish. This match will probably be announced by the extremely lame Ray “Hyperbole” Hudson, who does a lot of their games.

9. Jon says:

Hudson signed with this beinSport operation, which has bought up a bunch of rights, but has no distribution. It’s quite a cluster****…and we all lose.

10. Gnarls says:

Simple enough when teams provide a stream, but I guarantee neither team will offer a stream since the TV rights have been purchased.

I don’t know about you, but I rarely have luck finding quality bootleg streams online.

It’s okay, I’ll just go to a sports bar. Oh, right, sports bars don’t care about the US Open Cup.

11. Jeremy says:

GolTV is a joke. Way to go USSF. Way to f’n go. So much for increasing the profile of this tournament.

12. Ivar Clam man says:

Gulati’s really got it down.

DumbF#@*

13. DomiNate says:

This is downright shameful. At minimum, viewing rights should be available for free in the Seattle and KC markets.

14. Matty says:

I’ve never even heard of GolTV. Shouldn’t US Soccer be promoting this tournament to the biggest audience possible, so it turns into a bigger deal in the US? Just doesn’t make any sense.

15. WileyJ says:

Lame.

16. Ben says:

Well, I’m glad that I’m going to the game so I don’t have to worry about it, but it stinks that only like 18 people who aren’t in the stadium will get to see it.

17. Fire fans says:

Good luck KC!

18. Lem says:

Glad the Finals are being broadcasted!! Maybe the rest of the matches will be added in the coming years. This is a historic tournament, and the only one featuring inter-league play. Think how many US cities have teams in this competition. I am glad it’s getting some respect, but it deserves much more. Could be huge with the right promotion and marketing.

As for GolTV, I enjoy the Germany, Brazil, Mexico and Argentina league coverage, not to mention GolTV news. Domestically, they should hammer out a deal with the NASL. It’s a growing league, and a lot of us who follow it would love an alternative to the crappy internet streams.