By FRANCO PANIZO
Geoff Cameron may have spent most of this past week in the United States completing paperwork to finalize his move to Stoke City, but that did not stop him from earning a start and making an impressive debut for the Potters.
Three days after arriving to England, Cameron put forth an impressive 90-minute outing in his first Stoke appearance as he helped the club hold Arsenal to a scoreless draw at Britannia Stadium. Cameron was deployed as a central midfielder and he reportedly was one of the best players on the field, showing some smooth passing and great range to disrupt the Gunners' talented attack. The only way the match could have been better for Cameron, who has had limited training with his new teammates in recent weeks, is if Stoke would have found a way to win.
Michael Bradley also made his debut for his new club, AS Roma, on Sunday and he helped save the club from a huge season-opening disappointment by coming through in the clutch. Roma was trailing Catania by one goal when Bradley, who started and went the distance despite picking up an early caution, assisted on Nico Lopez's stunning equalizer in the 90th minute of the 2-2 draw.
The lone goal this weekend came from Josh Gatt, who netted an early winner in Molde FK's 2-0 win over Chad Barrett and Valerenga. Gatt found the back of the net three minutes into the game by using his trademark speed, and that marked the third straight league match in which he has scored. The goal was his sixth of the season.
Here's how the Americans Abroad performed this weekend:
- Tim Howard started, played 90 minutes and made one save in Everton's 3-1 win vs. Aston Villa on Saturday.
- Clint Dempsey did not dress in Fulham's 3-2 loss vs. Manchester United on Saturday.
- Brad Friedel started, played 90 minutes and made five saves in Tottenham Hotspur's 1-1 draw vs. West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.
- Brad Guzan dressed but did not play in Aston Villa's 3-1 loss vs. Everton on Saturday.
- Eric Lichaj came off the bench, played 30 minutes and had an ASSIST for Aston Villa.
- Geoff Cameron started and played 90 minutes in Stoke City's 0-0 draw vs. Arsenal on Sunday.
- Maurice Edu did not dress for Stoke City. He is still waiting to receive his work permit.
- Tim Ream dressed but did not play in Bolton Wanderers' 2-2 draw vs. Nottingham Forest on Friday.
- Stuart Holden did not dress for Bolton Wanderers. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Jonathan Spector started and played 90 minutes in Birmingham City's 2-0 loss vs. Watford on Saturday.
- Will Packwood did not dress for Birmingham City.
- Conor Doyle dressed but did not play in Derby County's 1-1 draw vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday.
- Robbie Findley did not dress in Nottingham Forest's 2-2 draw vs. Bolton Wanderers on Friday.
- Zak Whitbread did not dress in Leicester City's 2-1 loss vs. Blackburn Rovers on Saturday.
- Frank Simek started and played 90 minutes in Carlisle United's 4-2 win vs. Portsmouth on Saturday.
- Robbie Rogers came off the bench and played 11 minutes in Stevenage's 1-0 win vs. Oldham Athletic on Saturday.
- Mike Grella started and played 90 minutes in Scunthorpe United's 4-0 loss vs. Yeovil Town on Saturday.
- Michael Bradley started, played 90 minutes, received a yellow card and had an ASSIST in AS Roma's 2-2 draw vs. Catania on Sunday.
- Steve Cherundolo started and played 90 minutes in Hannover 96's 2-2 draw vs. Schalke 04 on Sunday.
- Jermaine Jones started, played 90 minutes, received a yellow card and had an ASSIST in Schalke 04's 2-2 draw vs. Hannover 96 on Sunday.
- Fabian Johnson started and played 90 minutes in TSG 1899 Hoffenheim's 2-1 loss vs. Borussia Moenchengladbach on Saturday.
- Danny Williams dressed but did not play for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
- Joe Gyau did not dress for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
- Timmy Chandler started and played 90 minutes in FC Nurnberg's 1-0 win vs. Hamburg SV on Saturday.
- David Yelldell dressed but did not play in Bayer Leverkusen's 2-1 loss vs. Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday.
- Alfredo Morales did not dress in Hertha Berlin's 2-1 win vs. SSV Jahn Regensburg on Friday.
- John Anthony Brooks did not dress for Hertha Berlin.
- Andrew Wooten dressed but did not play in SV Sandhausen's 2-0 win vs. FC Union Berlin on Friday.
- Jozy Altidore started and played 81 minutes in AZ Alkmaar's 0-0 draw vs. SC Heerenveen on Sunday.
- Oguchi Onyewu and Sporting CP play Rio Ave on Monday.
- Tony Taylor came off the bench and played 45 minutes in G.D. Estoril Praia's 1-1 draw vs. Pacos de Ferreira on Sunday.
- Caleb Patterson-Sewell started and played 90 minutes in Vitoria Setubal FC's 5-0 loss vs. Benfica on Sunday.
- Sacha Kljestan started and played 90 minutes in RSC Anderlecht's 1-1 draw vs. OH Leuven on Saturday.
- Eugene Starikov did not dress in Zenit St. Petersburg's 2-1 loss vs. FK Rubin Kazan on Saturday.
- Terrence Boyd started and played 90 minutes in Rapid Vienna's 1-0 loss vs. Wolfsberger AC on Sunday.
- Michael Parkhurst started, played 90 minutes and had an ASSIST in FC Nordsjaelland's 4-1 win vs. SonderjyskE on Friday. You can see the assist here.
- Clarence Goodson started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Brondby IF's 1-1 draw vs. Esbjerg on Sunday.
- Conor O'Brien started and played 90 minutes in SonderjyskE's 4-1 loss vs. FC Nordsjaelland on Friday.
- Charlie Davies came off the bench and played one minute in Randers FC's 3-2 loss vs. FC Copenhagen on Saturday.
- Alejandro Bedoya came off the bench, played 37 minutes and received a yellow card in Helsingborgs IF's 3-1 loss vs. Djurgardens IF on Saturday.
- Brian Span dressed but did not play in Djurgardens IF's 3-1 win vs. Helsingborgs IF on Saturday.
- Josh Gatt started, played 62 minutes and scored a GOAL in Molde FK's 2-0 win vs. Valerenga on Sunday. You can see the goal here.
- Steve Clark started and played 90 minutes in Honefoss BK's 1-0 loss vs. Tromso on Sunday.
- Mix Diskerud started and played 90 minutes in Rosenborg BK's 1-1 draw vs. Viking on Sunday.
- Sean Cunningham did not dress in Stabaek IF's 4-1 loss vs. Haugesund on Sunday.
- Chad Barrett started and played 64 mintues in Valerenga's 2-0 loss vs. Molde FK on Sunday.
- Jose Torres started and played 90 minutes in Pachuca's 0-0 draw vs. Santos Laguna on Saturday.
- Herculez Gomez dressed but did not play in Santos Laguna's 0-0 draw vs. Pachuca on Saturday.
- DaMarcus Beasley started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Puebla's 1-0 win vs. San Luis on Sunday.
- Jonathan Bornstein did not dress in Tigres UANL's 1-1 draw vs. Toluca on Saturday.
- Michael Orozco Fiscal started and played 90 minutes in San Luis' 1-0 loss vs. Puebla on Sunday.
- Edgar Castillo started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Club Tijuana's 1-0 win vs. Club America on Saturday.
- Joe Corona started and played 80 minutes for Club Tijuana.
- Greg Garza did not dress for Club Tijuana.
- Ventura Alvarado did not dress in Club America's 1-0 loss vs. Club Tijuana on Saturday.
What do you think of these performances? How impressed are you by Cameron's debut? Think Bradley's clutch assist will help keep him in Roma's starting lineup? How many more goals do you see Gatt scoring this season?
Share your thoughts below.