Red Bulls vs. Rapids: Match Day Commentary

New York Red Bulls Logo Colorado Rapids Logo

The New York Red Bulls are looking for the first win of the season and will try to do so in their 2012 home opener as they take on the unbeaten Colorado Rapids (4pm, NBC Sports Network).

The Red Bulls endured a rough pair of road games against Western powers to start the season, but take on a Rapids team today that will be without key midfielders Jeff Larentowicz (suspended) and Pablo Mastroeni).

SBI will be providing live commentary on today's match so please feel free to follow the action here. As always, you are welcome to share your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below.

Enjoy the action (Commentary is after the jump):

This entry was posted in MLS- Colorado Rapids, MLS- New York Red Bulls. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Red Bulls vs. Rapids: Match Day Commentary

1. ManicMessiah says:

If there’s a category for own goals, there should be one for own assists also, and that back pass would qualify.

2. Brad says:

Wow. Wells and Labaeux on the field at the same time. Lack of depth is very evident.
    Omar won’t get a lot of support.

3. RB says:

Well when one MF is out with concussion problems and another is out for suspension and another is out because the ARGentine FA can’t get its act together…

4. francois says:

Casio for the Rapids looks like their best player, very promising rookie.

5. Scott A says:

I knew that Henry and Cooper were both good–in Henry’s case, great–players, but I have to admit that I didn’t expect them to be this compatible.

6. SydneySounder says:

I’ve always been a fan of Cooper, its good to see him working so well with Henry.

7. Patrick says:

RB finally looking like a football team. And about damned time too.

8. Tony in Quakeland says:

Frankly, I’ve never been a fan of Cooper, but I will admit he seems more willing to work with a strike partner than I have ever seen him before. In the past, he took an enormous number of shots per goal scored and had almost no assists. Maybe this is a new Cooper? After he scored, he even turned to acknowledge the assist – which I never remember him doing before either.

9. TomG says:

I had serious doubts re the Cooper deal, but with Rodgers and Agudelo both seemingly far away, he looks like a wise pickup at this point.

10. TomG says:

Cooper is built like a football player, anyway… An American Football player, that is.

11. Starks says:

I told u folks about cooper, I liked that trade when it happened and I love it now. Great pick with the over ratednagudelo and the idiot Rodgers on our team. I think he will continue to click with henry and if the redbuds could get better at set pieces….well then watch out! I love the way Conde played today and Marquez is a very good player if he has his head in the game. Great win for sure.

12. eddie says:

About time NY started to play football.

13. Starks says:

I agree I was impressed ith cascio

14. CrazyJon85 says:

this in a nutshell is why today happened. They would have been better served in a 4-4-2 today.

15. Stu says:

Henry was right. Conde made the biggest difference. He is so much better than Tim Ream at this point in his career. Rafa did have a Time Ream moment, but otherwise turned in a sold performance.

I just Conde can stay healthy. Not only is he a beast in the back, his distribution is terrific. That ball to Henry was awesome.

16. Stu says:

Rodgers and Agudelo add different dimensions and I wouldn’t give up on them yet. NY has 4 different types of strikers.

17. Durante says:

I was impressed with the Rapids new style. Despite the score, they are playing much better football. Once they get Rivero in, they will be fun to watch.

18. Rijke says:

This team is going to be really fun to watch when Ireland comes in the summer.

19. sciroccer says:

As a RSL fan, I loved this game, it’s what I would expect the NYDP’s to be, and the Crapids beat. Which should’nt be to hard for any other team in the MLS.

20. Starks says:

As a red ill fan NLRB played great and let hope its a sign of things to come but lets not say that the rapids are a bad team. They are very much a for a decent team at the least.

21. sandtrout says:

It’s about time the National Labor Relations Board got its own team!

22. Chris says:

They should have lots of STRIKERS. heh heh. Get it?

23. Tim Ream says:

Was Marquez’s give-away an example of what he would call an “infantile” mistake?