USMNT 1, U.S. U-23 team 1: Match Highlights

This entry was posted in Match Highlights, U.S. Men's National Team, U.S. Men's Olympic Team. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to USMNT 1, U.S. U-23 team 1: Match Highlights

1. jbrader says:

In the future we’re still scoring off set pieces.

2. Ryan says:

I don’t know if I should be excited for the U-23 team and the US future, or upset that our MNT is tying them…

3. Fenel says:

I’m excited to see what Suzi can do with the Nats. I hope he starts on Saturday.

4. uDaMan says:

I wouldn’t worry too much. (Well maybe a little.) But remember players for these games try not get injured. They’re more warm-ups than anything else.

Though that said, in other soccer federations their are punches thrown during these games. (Not that we condone that in our society.)

5. Ryan Joseph says:

Here’s to hoping Jack Mac can do that for the Union this season

6. SD says:

Who on the U23 team missed the shot at the end of the video? If he had a left foot it would have been a goal…

7. The Imperative Voice says:

Whoever was playing LB for the U23s was getting toasted.

8. Wispy says:

Pretty sure that was Mixx Diskerud, and he usually has a left foot. Not sure why he ran around it that time.

9. chris says:

it was mix

10. John Coctostan says:

Was that Jones who whiffed on the corner clearance?

11. THomas says:

Awesome our U23’s look better than the full team…can’t wait for Saturday!

12. VADCUfan says:

It’s training, don’t read too much into it. Further, this is not exactly the USMNT best XI.

13. Air Jordanz says:

I would say a 5-1 aggregate in favor of the senior team means not much to worry about.

14. vik says:

He seemed to be looking for the pass instead of just shooting. No pass was on, so he shot. I don’t think it’s a big deal; next time he’ll probably take a crack haha.

15. Eric says:

Looked like the keeper had the near post covered already. My guess is he thought his best chance was to bend it around into the back post and that required his right foot. Probably would have been better with a quick, hard and low left footed shot but I think I understand what he was doing.

16. anon says:

Same question. Looked like Jones. He whiffed big time. Don’t want to see that mistake in a game.

17. What are you talking about? You got that from a 100-second highlight piece? That’s what you take away from a 5-1 aggregate loss?

18. billy says:

Who’s the fat goalie?

19. Davidos says:

Geoff Cameron had a great quote on another soccer website re: the vibe in this camp, basically along the lines that Klinsman builds confidence, increases the feeling of inclusion for guys who are on the periphery and trying to prove themselves and makes them feel that they are not just playing for their own future but for each other, whereas in years prior the atmosphere in january camps etc was more established guys in the system and then players trying “trying out”.

20. I guess that tells us how seriously we should take your opinion then, doesn’t it?

21. Cameron says:

Are we seriously only getting 2 minutes from these games? This gives us no idea how they are playing and what players look like individually… what gives?