SBI Stoppage Time: USA v. Jamaica Preview

SBI Stoppage Time: USMNT v. Jamaica Preview from Soccer By Ives on Vimeo.

This entry was posted in CONCACAF Gold Cup, SBI Stoppage Time, U.S. Men's National Team. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to SBI Stoppage Time: USA v. Jamaica Preview

1. Ryan says:

Call me crazy, but I’d like to see Jonathan Bornstein at left mid in this game. I know Bob won’t go that route, because he doesn’t like in-game experiments, but I want Dempsey pushed up top, and I can’t see Bedoya and Lichaj being enough to cover Dane Richards. Borstein gives enough going forward and would provide plenty of defensive cover for Lichaj. Not to mention, the pace on that side would be nice to have.

2. Jim in Atlanta says:

Your Over Rating Richards so much it’s unbelievable.

3. Jim in Atlanta says:

Mental

4. Louis Z says:

yeap, you’re crazy. Richards is not that good were our NATS players can’t handle him one on one. remember who play MLS and who play in europe. Borstein gives nothing going forward.

Of course, all of this is just my opinion.

5. Ryan says:

Do you really think so? Because Livio Nabab was one blown offsides call away from skinning Lichaj, and I’ve got to guess that Dane Richards is a much better player.

And yeah, yeah. I saw what Lichaj did to Gareth Bale that one time. I’m just going on what I saw against Guadeloupe, and that made me pretty uncomfortable.

6. Ryan says:

Don’t give me that, “who plays in MLS and who plays in Europe” crap. Eddie Johnson plays in Europe, too.

7. Daniel says:

Hate to seem like we’re all ganging up on you, but I have to side with the nice folks rating Richards appropriately. He’s fast, but he has some serious flaws in his game. I think the worst thing the US can do is plan around Jamaica. This team is good enough to impose itself on Jamaica. Not saying not account for Jamaica’s strength.

Dane Richards isn’t even close to being the best player on his team or the MLS. Several Nats would have that honor if they played in the MLS. Landon does.

8. Thorpinski says:

Mike and Ives brining it strong from ” the Hood.”

Love DC United but man what an eye-sore

9. #winning says:

I think if you take away Jamaica’s speed, u take away their whole game.. The team relies on its wingers to open the game up, without Richards or any other of their speedy players, they will get shut down all day

10. BrianK says:

Ives and Michael do a great job with SBI Stoppage Time pieces. Thanks!

In the past twenty years,…two expressions have always applied to the USMNT,…they have generally punched above their weight and the whole has been greater than the sum of its parts. Something to be very proud of for sure but this has raised expectations to unfair levels.

Unfortunately, I think the USA is ripe for a comprehensive loss today. Jamaica is playing confidently and should be well rested. While I hate to write this and I hope am wrong,…I think Jamaica is good for a 2-1 or 3-1 win.

11. jai_brooklyn says:

Agree with your all your points except the last. The US is going to pull this one out. Dempsey is not going to keep missing chances even if he’s dog tired after such a long season!! US 2-1.

12. jai_brooklyn says:

Ps. Am I the only one here missing Demerit? I’d gladly take him over Boca.

13. adub says:

really didnt know demerit played lb ur crazy

14. jai_brooklyn says:

Guess you did not see the last game. Boca was at CB.

15. Ryan says:

I didn’t really expect a lot of people to agree with me. As for Richards’ quality overall, that’s not what worries me. What worries me is seeing how Nabab’s pace was enough to give Lichaj a few iffy moments, and Richards is a good bit quicker. Raw pace is something our back line tends to struggle with. What I can see happening here is Bradley having Landon Donovan on the left to try and counteract Richards. I just suggested Bornstein because as a left mid, I think he’d do well.

16. Michael Stypulkoski says:

I have to disagree with you, Ryan. I’m usually something of a Bornstein defender, but the only edge he has on Lichaj is in experience. Nonetheless, I have no idea what Louis Z is talking about saying that Bornstein offers nothing going forward. Even the biggest Bornstein hater would have to admit that that is the strong point of his game. He was a striker all the way until he got to MLS, after all. Still, I prefer Lichaj as a defender, Lichaj as an offensive weapon, and Lichaj’s speed and overall skill over Bornstein.

17. baller says:

How long untill we see CJ Sapong in the USMNT? Great finish for SKC this weekend! He’s got speed, size, and seems to be pretty good on the ball with a good touch.

18. BrianK says:

Happy to eat crow,…USA played a complete match. Nice contributions from Kljestian and Bedoya. Howard saved the US from absolute disaster with that early save,…although Shelton has to explain to his teamates how he missed that chance with Howard on his back and the goal gaping!

Jamaica wasted a great chance and an excellent performance by Rickets.

Hoping USA advance to finals to face,…Honduras!

19. Martha c says:

Ok, your crazy

20. martha says:

I’d settle for Burnbury. Bradley screwed the US when he took Wondolowski over him. Now that Altidore is down the only serviceable forward is a teenager who doesn’t start for his MLS team and has what 1 MlS goal