SBI MLS Spotlight: Jan Gunnar Solli

SBI MLS Spotlight: Jan Gunnar Solli from Soccer By Ives on Vimeo.

This entry was posted in SBI MLS Spotlight. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to SBI MLS Spotlight: Jan Gunnar Solli

1. The Dude says:

Solli is a great player. You can tell he’s still getting used to RB. He gives the ball up too easily at times. However, when you play a midfielder at RB, you get a player who’s excellent at getting forward and playing offensively. If he could improve his defending a bit, he’ll be a shoe-in for the all-star team.

2. K-Town says:

I can understand him better than I can understand John Rooney! Lol.

Seriously, I really enjoy watching him play. Once he gets more comfortable on D he is going to be a beast of a RB. He could be the best in the league if he keeps improving.

3. PetedeLA says:

If I’m a coach from Chivas, Toronto, or even DC United, I’m scratching my head wondering how the Red Bulls fit all these guys under the salary cap. The whole team minus perhaps the left back and the goal keeper seem All-Star category.

I love watching them play now, but it just doesn’t seem fair to the weaker teams. Lindpere, De Ro, Richards, and now Solli- those are solid players who all somehow fit under the salary cap. Someone must be fixing the books somehow.

4. MiamiAl says:

This is the type of player that the MLS needs to consistently bring in to continue to raise the quality of play in the league. Great offseason pickup!

5. Scott A says:

DJ Solli!

6. Oh_yeah says:

I like his work rate; he is an excellent player. He is doing a good job.

7. Hype Machine says:

or the bulls have little to no depth, except at forward where they have henry, rodgers and agudelo.

8. David says:

“No casual football”

Great quote

9. Starks says:

It seems ever since the first game vs the Sounders he really has stepped up his game….great to see..another very good pick up…