SBI Stoppage Time: A look at the USMNT’s upcoming friendlies

SBI Stoppage Time: USMNT Edition 10/9/10 from Soccer By Ives on Vimeo.

This entry was posted in SBI Stoppage Time, U.S. Men's National Team. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to SBI Stoppage Time: A look at the USMNT’s upcoming friendlies

1. This American Pitch says:

Why does it seem like every video Ives puts up has him with eyes closed as the intro screen? :)

(SBI-Nastri does that. I’m going to have to get on him about that. LOL)

2. Jacob says:

Ives,
    It’s OK to smile. Your video is running on SBI, not C-Span! And if Nastri keeps closing your eyes I will fill in for him.

Jacob

3. RIP Martha says:

Dear Ives,

I love these video features! I hope you are able to put together a podcast too in the future (I know you’ve said you’re working on it).

If I may in my lowly state offer any advice, I would try to emulate Mike and hold the microphone a bit farther from my mouth, so that you don’t blow into it and cause distortion.

Thanks for all the great work!

4. The Dude says:

Sad but true what you said about our forwards…they can’t put the ball in the net, so why do we need two of them on the field at the same time. What about 4 defenders and 6 midfielders? Might actually work!

5. The Dude says:

However, I have to respectfully disagree with your position on Gooch and bench players. I think it’s unfair to use players who aren’t getting minutes at their club teams. They’re less fit and less sharp. The top national teams have a policy that only players who are getting PT will get a call up. Why should we be any different? Ream is more match fit than Gooch at this point. And BTW, Gooch really needs to get the hell out of Milan and find a team that wants him. My two cents.

6. I JIK I RED BULLZ says:

Altidore is getting games and minutes? Really?

7. smacking says:

This isn’t about unfair. This is about building the best team possible. A healthy inform Gooch gives the US the best possible opportunity to do well at the Gold Cup. Therefore, Bob evaluating and providing an opportunity to help him regain fitness and sharpness is fine by me. Now the competition will open up if some youngsters perform well in January, but there is time for that. Is there someone else that should have been called that doesn’t have an MLS game?

8. smacking says:

He started and played about 80 in a Europa Cup match on Wednesday. He looked to be lacking confidence, but yes he is playing.

9. jose says:

Agree wit smacking. This gold cup anit going to be about trying new guys out look at 2009 gold cup. Let’s get the best of the best guys in the feild!!

10. Primoone says:

Such great analysis…Piss poor wardrobe.

Put a jacket on, you bum and tell junior to tuck in his shirt.

11. Jack ) says:

I like how that the beginning of these videos Ives has a “What are you lookin at ese” look.Nice.

12. will m. says:

is lichaj’s name pronounced lee-ha or am i hearing wrong?

13. ahm says:

thoroughly enjoyed, will we be getting one closer to the match/post-game?

14. todd nelson says:

What he appeared to be lacking is skill. That’s because he sucks.

15. Smirking Kitten says:

Really? Are you seriously going to argue that Tim Ream is a better international center back than Oguchi Onyewu? I do agree that Onyewu should seek a January move…I’m sure Milan wouldn’t be adverse to cutting his wages from their checkbook when they currently don’t need him. I hope he goes to the PL…I think his physicality would be quite useful for many EPL teams.

16. Smirking Kitten says:

God, that sounds so much better than how I had been mentally pronouncing it based on standard English phonetics.

17. Scott says:

I like this video commentary a lot Ives. Keep it up.

18. Jon says:

Milan doesn’t need to cut their wages, Onyewu has agreed to play this year for free due to his injury from last year. Very respectable guy.

19. Smith says:

Ives, I like the Johnny Cash-style fashion statement.

20. mike says:

Agree with Primone. Throw on a tie or a jacket. I’d like for you all to compete with other reporters out there dresswise. Great job!