By FRANCO PANIZO
Coming off an embarrassing 8-1 loss, IK Start went back to its winning ways as Clarence Goodson made his way back into the lineup.
Having served a one-game suspension for yellow card accumulation last week, Goodson helped IK Start post a 3-1 victory over Brann. Goodson went the distance in the win, Start's fourth in its last five matches.
Carlos Bocanegra was on the wrong side of a 3-1 result, but he did make his debut with new club St. Etienne. In the club's season opener against Paris Saint-Germain, Bocanegra started the match at left back and looked composed with the ball at his feet, constantly playing it along the ground.
Anton Peterlin not only made his first appearance with a new team, but also made his European club debut with a 90-minute performance in Plymouth Argyle's 1-0 triumph over Southampton.
Here is how the Americans Abroad fared this weekend:
- Mike Grella came off the bench and played 4 minutes in Leeds United's 2-1 loss vs. Derby County on Saturday.
- Zak Whitbread did not dress in Norwich City's 3-2 loss vs. Watford on Friday. He is recovering from a calf injury.
- Conor Doyle dressed but did not play in Derby County's 2-1 win vs. Leeds United on Saturday.
- Frank Simek started and played 90 minutes in Carlisle United's 2-0 win vs. Brentford on Saturday.
- Anton Peterlin started and played 90 minutes in Plymouth Argyle's 1-0 win vs. Southampton on Saturday.
- Carlos Bocanegra started and played 90 minutes in Saint Etienne's 3-1 loss vs. Paris Saint-Germain on Saturday.
- Charlie Davies did not dress in Sochaux's 2-1 win vs. Arles on Satuday.
- Sacha Kljestan started and played 57 minutes in RSC Anderlecht's 0-0 draw vs. Royal Charleroi SC on Saturday.
- Michael Parkhurst started and played 90 minutes in FC Nordsjaelland's 3-1 loss vs. Brondby on Sunday.
- Marcus Tracy did not dress in Aalborg BK's 0-0 draw vs. Silkeborg IF on Saturday.
- Chris Rolfe did not dress in Aalborg BK's 0-0 draw vs. Silkeborg IF on Saturday. He is recovering from a hamstring injury.
- Alejandro Bedoya started and played 90 minutes in Orebro SK's 3-0 loss vs. Malmo FF on Saturday.
- Ryan Miller started and played 90 minutes in Halmstads BK's 3-1 loss vs. Elfsborg on Sunday.
- Clarence Goodson started and played 90 minutes in IK Start's 3-1 win vs. Brann on Sunday.
- Hunter Freeman started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in IK Start's 3-1 win vs. Brann on Sunday.
- Mikkel Diskerud started and played 90 minutes in Stabaek's 2-1 loss vs. Stromsgodset on Sunday.
- Steve Clark dressed but did not play in Honefoss BK's 3-3 draw vs. Kongsvinger on Sunday.
- Jose Francisco Torres did not dress in Pachuca's 3-0 loss vs. Santos on Saturday. He is recovering from an injury.
- Herculez Gomez came off the bench and played 24 minutes in Pachuca's 3-0 loss vs. Santos on Saturday.
- Marco Vidal dressed but did not play in Pachuca's 3-0 loss vs. Santos on Saturday.
- Edgar Castillo came off the bench and played 56 minutes in San Luis' 1-0 loss vs. Chivas de Guadalajara on Saturday.
Do you think Goodson's form warrants a start against Brazil? Impressed by Bocanegra's debut? Encouraged by Peterlin's showing?
Share your thoughts below.