By FRANCO PANIZO
A week after providing two assists in a 4-0 win, Mikkel Diskerud continued his fine run of form with a pretty game-winning goal in Stabaek IF's 2-1 win against Lillestrom.
Diskerud helped Stabaek further distance itself from the relegation zone by playing 90 minutes and scoring just before the end of the first half with a clever chip. The goal was Diskerud's first since July.
Jermaine Jones also found the back of the net, scoring in Schalke 04's 2-1 loss to Hannover 96. Jones got on the end of a long free kick and headed home from close range. It was his first Bundesliga goal since April 2009.
This weekend wasn't just about the goal scorers. Goalkeepers Tim Howard and Brad Friedel each enjoyed strong outings as Aston Villa defeated Everton, 1-0. Howard made four saves in the match while Friedel recorded six.
Here is how the Americans Abroad performed this weekend:
- Tim Howard started, played 90 minutes and made four saves in Everton's 1-0 loss vs. Aston Villa on Sunday.
- Clint Dempsey came off the bench and played 31 minutes in Fulham's 2-2 draw vs. Blackpool on Saturday.
- Eddie Johnson did not dress for Fulham.
- Brad Friedel started, played 90 minutes and made six saves in Aston Villa's 1-0 win vs. Everton on Sunday.
- Brad Guzan dressed but did not play for Aston Villa.
- Eric Lichaj dressed but did not play for Aston Villa.
- Marcus Hahnemann started, played 90 minutes and made four saves in Wolverhampton Wanderers' 1-1 draw vs. Newcastle United on Saturday.
- Jonathan Spector started and played 90 minutes in West Ham United's 3-0 loss vs. Manchester United on Saturday.
- Stuart Holden started and played 78 minutes in Bolton Wanderers' 2-2 draw vs. Birmingham on Sunday.
- Mike Grella did not dress in Leeds United's 1-0 win vs. Watford on Saturday.
- Zak Whitbread did not dress in Norwich City's 1-1 draw vs. Nottingham Forest on Saturday. He is recovering from a calf injury.
- Conor Doyle started and played 57 minutes in Derby County's 2-2 draw vs. Queens Park Rangers on Saturday.
- Frank Simek started and played 90 minutes in Carlisle United's 1-1 draw vs. Colchester United on Sunday.
- Anton Peterlin came off the bench and played 14 minutes in Plymouth Argyle's 3-0 loss vs. Peterborough United on Saturday.
- Jemal Johnson dressed but did not play in in Milton Keynes Dons' 2-1 win vs. Swindon Town on Saturday. He re-signed with the club late last week.
- Maurice Edu came off the bench and played 7 minutes in Rangers' 2-1 win vs. St Johnstone on Saturday.
- Dominic Cervi did not dress in Celtic's 1-0 win vs. Motherwell on Sunday.
- Jozy Altidore did not dress in Villarreal's 1-0 loss vs. Real Sociedad on Sunday.
- Oguchi Onyewu did not dress in AC Milan's 4-0 win vs. Lecce on Sunday.
- Steve Cherundolo started and played 90 minutes in Hannover 96's 2-1 win vs. Schalke 04 on Saturday.
- Michael Bradley started and played 90 minutes in Borussia Moenchengladbach's 6-3 win vs. Bayer Leverkusen on Sunday.
- Jermaine Jones started, played 89 minutes, received a yellow card and scored a GOAL in Schalke 04's 2-1 loss vs. Hannover 96 on Saturday.
- Ricardo Clark did not dress in Eintracht Frankfurt's 3-1 loss vs. Hamburg SV on Saturday.
- Daniel Williams came off the bench and played 1 minute in SC Freiburg's 2-1 win vs. Nurnberg on Saturday.
- Kenny Cooper did not dress in TSV 1860 Munich's 3-1 win vs. VfL Osnabruck on Sunday. He is recovering from an ankle injury.
- Matt Taylor did not dress in FSV Frankfurt's 1-0 loss vs. RW Oberhausen on Friday.
- David Yelldell started, played 90 minutes and made four saves in MSV Duisburg's 4-1 win vs. FC Ingolstadt 04 on Saturday.
- Luis Robles dressed but did not play in Karlsruhe's 3-0 win vs. Alemania Aachen on Sunday.
- Amaechi Igwe did not dress in FC Ingolstadt 04's 4-1 loss vs. MSV Duisburg on Saturday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Carlos Bocanegra started and played 90 minutes in St Etienne's 3-1 win vs. Lens on Saturday.
- Charlie Davies did not dress in Sochaux's 3-1 win vs. Paris Saint-Germain on Sunday.
- Freddy Adu did not dress in Aris Salonika's 1-0 win vs. Kavala on Sunday.
- Sacha Kljestan dressed but did not play in RSC Anderlecht's 0-0 draw vs. Zulte-Waregem on Saturday.
- Michael Parkhurst did not dress in FC Nordsjaelland's 0-0 draw vs. Aalborg BK on Sunday.
- Marcus Tracy did not dress in Aalborg BK's 0-0 draw vs. FC Nordsjaelland on Sunday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Chris Rolfe did not dress for Aalborg BK. He is recovering from a hamstring injury.
- Benny Feilhaber started and played 90 minutes in AGF Aarhus' 3-1 win vs. FC Vestsjaelland on Saturday.
- Alejandro Bedoya started and played 90 minutes in Orebro SK's 3-0 win vs. Helsingborg on Saturday.
- Ryan Miller started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Halmstads BK's 2-1 win vs. Kalmar FF on Sunday.
- Clarence Goodson started and played 90 minutes in IK Start's 3-2 loss vs. Rosenborg on Sunday.
- Hunter Freeman started and played 90 minutes for IK Start.
- Mikkel Diskerud started, played 90 minutes and scored a GOAL in Stabaek IF's 2-1 win vs. Lillestrom on Sunday. The goal can be seen here.
- Steve Clark dressed but did not play in Honefoss BK's 3-1 win vs. Aalesunds on Sunday.
- Jose Torres started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Pachuca's 3-1 loss vs. Puebla on Sunday.
- Herculez Gomez came off the bench and played 11 minutes for Pachuca.
- Marco Vidal did not dress for Pachuca.
- Edgar Castillo came off the bench and played 13 minutes in San Luis' 2-1 win vs. Atlante on Saturday.
- Sammy Ochoa started and played 78 minutes in Estudiantes Tecos U.A. de G.'s 1-1 draw vs. Morelia on Friday.
- Sonny Guadarrama did not dress in Atlante's 2-1 loss vs. San Luis on Saturday.
Impressed by Diskerud's goal? Do you think he should be called up to the U.S. national team for the October friendlies? Do you consider Jones back in top form? Who do you think played better, Howard or Friedel?
Share your thoughts below.