Report: Donovan attracting interest from Europe

USMNT062610127

photo by Joe Toth/ISIphotos.com

By FRANCO PANIZO

Landon Donovan's strong World Cup showing was sure to attract interest from European clubs, and two of the better teams in England have already expressed interest in signing the midfielder from the Los Angeles Galaxy.

According to News of the World, Everton is looking to reacquire Donovan, who enjoyed a successful three-month loan with the club earlier this year.

The other club reportedly interested in Donovan is one of the richest clubs in the world: Manchester City. According to a Yahoo report, Donovan is one of Manchester City's main targets for its summer spending after the club sent a scout to watch him in all of the United States' World Cup matches.

While Donovan's club future will be a topic of conversation for American soccer fans in the coming weeks, so too might be an issue off the field. A British tabloid is expected to run a story on a United Kingdom woman who says she is pregnant with Donovan's child.

What do you think of Donovan possibly going back to Everton? Prefer to see him at Manchester City? Surprised by the tabloid talk?

This entry was posted in Americans Abroad, U.S. Men's National Team. Bookmark the permalink.

137 Responses to Report: Donovan attracting interest from Europe

1. Nick says:

Where’s the Michael Bradley to Arsenal rumors? I thought that one was almost a definite if they don’t get De Rossi?

2. Jamez says:

Donovan’s got a baby mama on the side ha ha , now we know he’s an american sports star ha ha .

3. Ricky B. Free says:

So he will move to England to be closer to his love child, if he goes to Everton he will be happy.

4. Bob says:

LD has already said that he would only return to the EPL to play for Everton. He seems to have gained a new insight into who he is and what makes him happy over the past year. Even if they cannot match City’s offer, I bet he goes to Everton if they can come up the MLS transfer fee and pay him more than $2 mil a year.

5. Gus Keri says:

He should not go to Manchester City. There are too many egos over there. Everton is better choice for him.

6. Jorge says:

Between Everton and City? Everton couldn’t compete from a financial perspective.

7. Nate says:

The minimum MLS should sell Landon for is $10 million. I want to see him in Europe, but MLS has to get fair value.

8. Petaluman says:

Off to Everton he should go. There is nothing left to prove in MLS.

9. This Guy says:

Everton for sure!

Ives any word on Ronaldhino to the Galaxy?
    The Italian press are calling it a done deal.

10. Never First says:

More evidence the US was done in by off-field distractions. They’re as bad as England. He finds out he’s a daddy and then tries to make up with his wife a day before the match with Ghana. Add that to all the players sitting around watching their highlights on SportsCenter all day, and it’s no wonder this team can’t focus.

11. AQK says:

Also Mancini is a horrible coach, and the owners are insane.

12. Dantheblue says:

Landon, Landon, Landon…? Are you kidding me? You are a socal kid… I KNOW you listened to the Tom Leykis show at least once… You should know from Leykis 101 to use the condom and Tabasco trick… Geez, now you have to use the “hail Mary”… Come on LD, use better judgement in the clubs from now on…

13. Illmatic74 says:

I am sorry that I am not going to immediately believe an English tabloid.

14. phil says:

I agree that Everton is the place for him, but how on earth could Everton afford him?

Now if Hodgson and Dempsey were to go to Liverpool …. (I just committed the ultimate sin….)

15. Oni says:

Landon’s not stupid, a move to Citeh would be suicidal. It’s unstable over there with players coming and going all the time.

Everton would be a fine move.

16. phil says:

holy tits that would be cool….

17. Chris in Belfast says:

This is a joke, right?

18. phil says:

YEAH YEAH YEAH What I want to know is where is Michael Bradley going next? After teh tourney he had I could hum moving up the Bundesliga food chain or making a jump to Premiership.

Another person who really helped his cause was Benny Feilhaber. I’d love to see him make a jump to France or Germany next.

Also, what will become of Jozy. He was a bit of a mixed bag, wasn’t he?

19. Josh From GA says:

good his kid will have european citizenship to play there haha

20. Kaiser says:

I agree. Man City would be too much like the Galaxy under Lalas and Gullit…Landon won’t want any part of it.

21. Thick Mick says:

Lando Commando:

He shoots; he scores; he pays child support!

Oh yeah, he notched 3 goals as well….

22. Joe says:

Is it time for Jurgen Klinsmann to head the USMNT team? His thoughts on the U.S.A.’s performance in the World Cup for ESPN were absolutely astute and right on.

23. kevin says:

Everton all the way…. if he chooses to go to city he’ll get 15 starts if hes lucky.. Everton… 25 plus starts… also everton fits his stile of play way better then city ever will… go Landon LD10!!!!!!

24. Brandon says:

Donovan to City would be extremely awesome. Go citizens!

25. jason says:

If Michael Bradley goes to Arsenal that would be great, for me the best U-S-A player in the world cup.

26. Stephen says:

I hope so.

27. wilyboy says:

For Donovan, he doesn’t have that many soccer years left, Everton would pay a decent amount and he is a sure fit. Man City would be a bigger transfer fee, but they would hardly use him, there wouldn’t be any real incentive, they are trigger happy and don’t make realistic plans.

Basically, Everton is the smarter move from a soccer standpoint, and could even be a smarter financial choice in the long run, as they will pay Donovan to do what he does as long as his legs run, and not till he isn’t the flavor of the month.

28. JohnRSL says:

Stupid British tabloids…

29. Vik says:

Bradley would fit in with their midfield too. Haha, Ameripool! At least it would make that team watchable.

30. Simple Jack says:

Make sure the kid gets capped ASAP. World Cup 2028. If he goes, it will be Everton.

31. David Garby says:

Maybe MLS should in someway acknowledge that LD have served the league for a long, long time and give him a fair chance to cash in on his talent.

His not getting any younger, his contract is about to run out. No reason for MLS to play economic hardball with a player that has done so much for the league.

I would be unworthy if he ended up in the same situation as Taylot Twellman who hard the chance to go to England, but was denied by the league.

32. Vik says:

Obviously Everton would be ideal, but I wonder if Man City’s $$ will be too much for MLS to ignore.

Bradley seems like an ideal fit for Aston Villa, as he would compliment Petrov perfectly in midfield. If Villa sells heavily this summer though, it would probably not be a good team to go into. Arsenal is interesting, but does Bradley really fit into their system?

Does a team like Juve pick up Howard? He probably wouldn’t go back to ManU, but I think he would do well there.

Edu should get some love from the Premiership. Any team from the bottom half could use a combative box2box CM.

33. Stephen says:

He has a good amount of time left on the NEW contract he signed before the beginning of the season.

34. Carone says:

I just don’t understand why the American soccer press and the fans don’t stand up against this bizarre power the MLS has over the careers of players. Why reinvent the wheel, when the rules of capitalism apply just fine to the rest of the world of soccer? The teams should have 100% of the revenues raised with the transfer of players.

35. Stephen says:

The link in the post gives the hint that there is a possibility that it could be true.

36. Firebradley says:

just watching the Germans power through England makes me sad that we didn’t have Klinsmann for the past 4 years. He set up the culture that drives this German team and could do so with our guys too.

There’s no way that USSF will make the right move here, but it seems to everyone else that getting Klinsmann is a no-brainer.

37. GMD says:

Makes sense on dinho. I really think that LD stays in Galaxy uniform this year though. News of the World is reporting today that Fulham are going to make an offer to Buddle. I have no idea how he would get a work permit though.

38. Zach says:

Agreed. I can’t stand the way MLS is run, and obviously neither can the players.

39. Brazil2014 says:

I completly agree, the man has paid his due to the league and has helped bring interest to the sport in this country. With that being said, I have a feeling MLS (Mafia Limited Soccer) is going to pull a fast one and screw the guy out of a potential future abroad, hence, better quality on the pitch for the USMNT.

40. Bob says:

Grant Wahl is reporting that LD has admitted it could be true and that he will take responsibility if the child is his. Wow! Since when did we become Engerland?

41. Benny says:

I agree. It is time. He knows the American player well. I hope Jurgen can come up with an agreement with the U.S. soccer federation.

42. donovans love child says:

sooo if city sign him, where are they putting all these players

its a solid move if robinho, bellamy and swp exit

valencia’s david silva is going to chelsea or city

adam johnson had a solid finish to last year

basically you have a 3 horse race to two spots, maybe johnson can be the super sub with donovan and silva playing out wide with tevez and adebayor in the middle

pretty sick side, hopefully they can sell off bellamy and swp. robinho will be sold for sure

43. David Garby says:

Sorry, i let myself to beleive that he only signed up for two more seasons. Silly me!

But i still think that MLS should let him go if he wants to. I think he deserves one more shot to prove himself against the best.

44. dcterp14 says:

Indeed..he knows where the problems lay…and will at worst set a foundation for the future. Klinsmann 2014!!!

45. Second City says:

I’ve read a couple places Everton are trying to acquire Steven Ireland.

To me, Ireland’s movement directly effects Donovan’s eventual destination. If he leaves City, Donovan joins City. If Everton fail to sign Ireland, Donovan joins Everton.

Obviously he has a comfort within Everton and the supporters in Liverpool love him….so crossing my fingers Everton pay up.

46. Never First says:

Was something I wrote funny?

47. Dakota says:

Seriously, let the transfer talk begin, and not just about Landon.

48. Sonicdeathmonkey says:

LD didn’t exactly deny it. Going from his statement, it seems like it is a distinct possibility.

As far as his possible transfer, I think MLS needs to let him go. I’m a huge MLS fan, but get what you can from him, continue to develop younger players (Bowen, Gonzales, etc.) and move on.

49. wally says:

Are you seriously giving Klinsman credit for the success of the German team when he hasn’t coached them in 4 years? Germans always do well in international competition, whoever the coach is. And Klinsman is way over-rated; you’d think the way Bayern improved after he’d left would enlighten you people who think all USSF needs is Klinsman or another dashing foreign coach to take us to the next level. The fact is, Bradley did a solid job and I thought he had our boys play admirably. Ghana mercilessly finished their chances two chances and we didn’t finish ours. That’s how it works sometimes, and I’m convinced Klinsman, Capello or Mourinho wouldn’t have done any better with our squad.

Now that Klinsman would likely accept the US position, being that he probably can’t get a better job after bayern, I really hope we don’t hire him.

50. kackac says:

At some point someone is going to have to inform City that there are only 11 players on the field at a time…

51. Source for it being a “done deal?”

52. Maybe not. But nothing you wrote made any sense …

53. I have zero interest in having JK as the U.S. coach. Walked into a good situation in 2006 and made a mess of Bayern Munich. No thank you.

54. SBI Troll says:

I think Everton won’t be able to afford Donovan at $10 million the MLS will be asking for. I am more interested in Jozy Altidore finding a good home and developing a better touch. If he stays at Villareal maybe playing in a more technical league can help him. If he develops some touch and a nose for the goal, this guy could be the first real star American soccer has developed. We can see the potential, he just needs to define his skill.

55. Illmatic74 says:

Landon Donovan is at his peak now. He will not be any better no matter where he plays.

56. Illmatic74 says:

To be fair they did it to prevent what happened to the NASL. Also the players have more rights in the MLS than players have in the NFL,MLB and NBA.

57. MadMaz says:

58. MC Pharoah says:

WHAT DID I SAY BABY! WHAT DID I SAY!

that is hilarious. I said Manchester City would be perfect and that they could be very interested in him right here on this site. I even remember when I said it. It was when Cherundolo signed his extension with Hannover. Ive been a city fan my whole life. This is superb news and i wouldnt be surprised at all if its true. Im am so happy to hear this. They need his type of player so bad. If citeh buy him and Yaya, I will be in heaven

59. MC Pharoah says:

StePHen Ireland barely even played last year after a great 2008-2009 season with Hughes. He was off form and Mancini doesnt fancy him. That is why he is linked to other clubs in the first place. What happens to Ireland doesnt effect LD anyways because Ireland plays more centrally than Donovan.

60. Austin says:

Robinho will most likely stay in Brasil or be sold, case closed. Bellamy has knee problems and will just be on the decline from here on in his career. SWP barely played last season and I wouldnt be surprised if hes sold. Silva has said publicly that if he moves to the EPL, it will be for Chelsea. Johnson and Donovan would be City’s starting wingers.

61. Second City says:

Yea, I’m not saying they’re like for like in positioning but I do think the eventual destination of Ireland directly effects Donovan’s landing spot.

Looking forward to seeing how right or wrong I am in the coming weeks.

62. MC Pharoah says:

why do you feel he would get 15 starts for city? elaborate….please

63. MC Pharoah says:

i have Italian acquantances who say the media thinks it will be done, but the italian media did not say it was a done deal…..It was an american website that said he was at the LA and Houston trouncing and that he had already completed a deal to LA and would be unveiled in a month or so.

I dont doubt that Gaucho may come, its just that this website im talking about cant be taken seriously. I would post a link but i think my comment would be deleted…(:

64. This Guy says:

I live in Italy. So, I have Italian acquantances too as you spelled it.

It is a done deal.

65. RedLine55 says:

finally making it to the big time!

66. Andrew says:

Doesn’t Adam Johnson play on the right side? That is why landon would be lucky to get 15 starts.

67. RedLine55 says:

He was spot on after their last world cup, too, when he was rumored to be a front-runner. But the same problem then still exists; he wants to have more control over the federation than Gulati & Co. will ever allow.

68. Aaron says:

Hopeful Donovan lands back in the EPL. Love to see him back w/Everton, but whatever it takes to get him out of the MLS

69. CSD says:

Big transfer news from the MLS (sarcasm intended) to excite the fan base. I guess “heck of a summer transfer window” means something different for everyone:

link to mlssoccer.com

That’s probably optimistic thinking, but re-signing the star striker is clearly a priority for the club. In fact, RSL aren’t expecting a lot of change in their roster for the remainder of the year.

“If we use the money that we have to [re-sign Findley],” said Lagerwey, “I’d tell you that’s a heck of a summer transfer window.”

70. ec says:

I would be happy either with Everton or Man City. I love the Everton MF (even if Pienaar is sold) and Landon is both happy and beloved there. Man City might be a strange scene, but I’d really enjoy watching him and Tevez play together.

Can’t wait to hear who buys Michael Bradley and pray it’s Arsenal, he’d be a great partner for Fàbregas and would give Denilson a run for his starting place.

71. So there is no LEGITIMATE media source, is what you are saying.

72. Stephen says:

I agree. They should definitely let him go.

73. A.S. says:

One thing to think about:

Everton = no European football
    Man City = European football (and likely a deep run)

For a lot of US players (like Jozy), playing time is the most important thing, because their game needs development. For Landon, his game is basically developed. I’d prefer that he play at a team that has a decent chance to get silverware, such as Man City. For all we know, City could be challenging for silverware on several levels next year, so even if Landon isn’t an automatic choice to start (or even play off the bench), it is likely that he will see plenty of time, not to mention play in some high pressure, high quality situations.

74. ShaggyReAL says:

LD would rather know he is starting/playing in every game rather thanwondering if he’ll even dress for a game. a no brainer. He goes to Everton if they make an offer.

75. DJ says:

Um, Germany pre-2006 WC was hardly a “good situation.” IIRC, they bombed out in Euro 2004s, and were a constant target of media criticism in the run-up to the 2006 WC.

76. Second City says:

I think the real question for Landon is:

What city is more fertile? Manchester of Liverpool..

77. Aaron says:

A recent interview w/Klinnsman indicates there is less of a rift b/t him and Gulati & Co than you suggest.

I think there is a better than a 50% chance that Klinnsman could be the coach the next cycle. The US program needs new perspective – an outsider perspective- and I believe Gulati & Co know it.

Gulati was even quoted recently saying that 8 years is a long time for a program to have a coach

78. K-Town says:

HaHa, I lived in LA for a couple of years and listened to Tom on the radio Vanpooling home from work. Donovan definitely forgot his Leykis playbook.

79. Beandog says:

I’m an MLS fan but I have finally realized it is better for american soccer that he leaves. He is way ahead of most players in the league.

80. K-Town says:

C’mon, in 2028 litlle Landon Jr. will only be 17, let’s be realistic and shoot for 2032.

81. Smirking Kitten says:

I hope Everton is able to purchase him. On another note, pictures of Charlie Davies training for the upcoming season!

link to fcsochaux.fr

82. Brad says:

those rumors were overblown. Wenger was just talking on the French WC feed about how he was impressed with the USA and Bradley. Doesn’t mean Arsenal are going to sign him…

83. This Guy says:

Are you retarded?

84. DC Josh says:

I hope he goes to City, but Everton would be great for him as well. I’m sure other clubs will come calling. He put the team on his shoulders this World Cup. I’m very excited to see where Bradley goes, he was consistently brilliant. And he’s all ready said if the kid is his, he’ll provide any support necessary. He’s a great guy, won’t tarnish his image. I just hope the kid grows up red white and blue! He’s got great soccer genes.

85. DC Josh says:

Great find. He looks so different than before the accident. He also looks like he has added some muscle. Can’t wait to see what he does this year.

86. Colin says:

Only one thing wrong with this post Wally, the fact that you said Mourinho wouldn’t have the US more prepared. IMHO he is so far and away the best coach in the world…it isn’t even close. I do agree though, BB had the boys ready to go, defensively they just aren’t good enough. At some point you get burnt by giving up soft goals, you just can’t give up possession cheaply in midfield and the centerback pairings didn’t do a good enough job of providing cover. Although still painful, a very good showing for the US, one that we will be talking about for a long time.

87. Mason says:

Charlie Davies, footballer. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world’s first bionic man. Charlie Davies will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

88. wally says:

Man, I really hope that Davies regains his speed and swagger. If we learned anything during the WC, it’s that we need that Davies guy bad. Noone came close to stepping up and taking his spot next to Jozy.

89. Brian says:

Is it just me or does he kinda look like Fat Ronaldo?

90. Fireball says:

Ok I won’t hold my tongue. Why all this confidence in Klinsmann?

IMHO, Klinsmann is overestimated as a coach. He was not the man to lead Bayern and he was not the man who was Germany’s tactician (Low was), which is what I think we need. I have not been impressed with his analysis, which is not half as insightful as Martinez. Even since he said LD was a player who can “run at players, take them one on one”, he’s gone down in my estimation.

All you really need to know is that Hicks and Gillett wanted him to coach Liverpool.

I just want a really good coach who can make a team punch above their weight, not a name.

91. Fireball says:

+1000

92. SwerveZ says:

I never heard that rumor! holy smokes!

93. ak48 says:

Well, he definitely should go to England, where no one gives a rip about ball possession.

94. SwerveZ says:

HOT!!!!!

95. SwerveZ says:

You know what this tournament did for US soccer? Made Europe aware. Look at all these signing possibilities. This means that coaches in Europe will look, more than ever, in the U.S. for talent. Only good things come of this my friends.

I think Donovan should go to Everton.

I could really see Hodgeson going to Liverpool and bringing Deuce.

Bradley is the interesting one for me: Who wants him and where will he go? He’s going, that’s for sure.

Is Buddle to Fulham official???

96. tommy w says:

First paragraph is spot on my friend.

Our national team that is capable of beating ANY international team on it’s day. Big European clubs are going to scout our youth now. Project 2010 accomplished.

Donovan should go for as money as he can. I’d prefer Everton.

I just wonder if Buddle has what it takes to play for Fulham. Yes he was in a good vein of form, but to me, it really seemed like Buddle was stepping it up because he knew he could get a shot at a WC spot if he performed well. I only say so, because Fulham tried the same thing with Eddie Johnson, and that turned out less than what we hoped for.

Bradley could honestly fit into ANY club’s midfield, in my opinion. The kid is a workhorse, and is really developing into a a great ball winning playmaker, a type of player which is pretty rare in this era. You can’t honestly tell me that Michael Carrick is miles better than Michael Bradley.

97. Heath says:

Really hope Altidore ends up in a good situation, if he could learn to finish at the highest level, he will be a huge star in 2014. Keep in mind, he is only 20.

98. Diego says:

Dude just check the world fact book. No one on here knows.

99. Second City says:

Dude you took my post dude way too seriously dude.

Dude.

100. Second City says:

Spot on, actually.

101. SwerveZ says:

Um, LD just scored 3 goals in WC and will probably be a sweet player until he’s 33. He’s got some more time and will probably go to Everton IF they pony up the cash, which I don’t see happening.

102. BrianVT says:

Just thinking out loud here… …what does anyone think of **Hodgson** as the next USMNT manager?

103. SwerveZ says:

104. SwerveZ says:

Yep.

105. SwerveZ says:

It’s gotta be the facial surgery…Pretty sad, actually.

106. SwerveZ says:

I agree and think that Bradley is a serious stud and he’s so damn young. MC is NOT miles better than Bradley, no. Did you see that finishing touch on that goal he made? My god…

107. SwerveZ says:

Awesome.

108. SwerveZ says:

without scoring, Altidore played an awesome WC. He’s a serious talent that needs to be developed further, then watch out.

109. war says:

Hands on England snooping with Ashley Cole and John Terry.

110. rob says:

Gotta say, being in LA, Landon should know how to deal with this baby moma wife-reconciliation drama. Just ask the jillion of other celebrities who can’t run their families.

111. Austin says:

It’s still not confirmed is what I was saying and it’s not offically done, but like I said it’s supposedly done

112. MC Pharoah says:

Wtf? Donovan FAVORS the left side and constantly switches sides with Dempsey for the nats…. Johnson does the same thing and they would switch sides

113. bobert says:

Buddle has a Jamaican father.

114. Stephen says:

There is someone almost directly behind him in the photo and their uniforms are blending together. That’s why he looks so big. Bigger and more muscular in the legs though for sure.

115. fischy says:

As long as the kid plays for the USA in 20+ years, it’s all good with me.

116. Todd says:

Jozy should come back to the MLS. His club team, Villareal, doesn’t want him.

117. Michael says:

and don’t forget the Confed Cup in ’05. Their defense was beyond horrible, they gave up 9 goals in 3 games as I remember. The German people where not expecting anything from the team when the WC started.

118. Michael says:

I hope Jozy goes to Holland personally. Good developmental league and it will allow him to work on his scoring prowess.

119. carlos says:

i would love to see Donovan go to Real Madrid…

120. The Gentleman Masher says:

Everton could trot out a midfield of

I am sure they realize that when LD was there, they were one of the hottest teams in the league. They need to make this happen not just for US fans to be happy, but for Everton to challenge for a top 4 spot.

121. Tony in Quakeland says:

If the kid plays for England, I’m going to be pissed

122. Tony in Quakeland says:

The way MLS is run is why we have a league that survived two economic downturns and continues to grow. The time will come to change the strucutre, but the league would have folded wihtout it.

123. Skinnyj says:

I spoke with Coach Moyes in Joberg and asked about Lando, he quickly said that Everton werent going to bring him back, MLS too “greedy” with the transfer fee. Take that for what it’s worth- not sure how much the coach is involved in financial decisions…

124. bryan says:

would be awesome to see LD back at Everton. i bet he would go there over Man City even if City offered more money. so long as Everton offer enough for the transfer fee.

125. bryan says:

absolutely. can’t wait for the day a yank is on madrid.

126. Duck says:

+1 many small changes over time will benefit MLS and US soccer more than a huge shift right now to look more ‘European’

127. By playing for so long in MLS Donovan has shown that he isn’t all about the money, that he plays where he wants to play/feels comfortable, regardless of the pay. If Everton is willing to pay MLS what they want, I don’t think they would have to break the bank to sign Donovan.

128. BrooklynFC says:

Well the World wont be played in 2028, but it will be played in 2030 which would make Landon Jr. 19 going on 20 he could def play in the world cup at that age after all pops did the same thing

129. BrooklynFC says:

130. BrooklynFC says:

Exactly….. MLS is Playing is slow but as the fortunes around the world sour MLS is set to keep growing….. EPL keeps going further into to debt… while MLS keeps improving on the field and financially

If Ronaldinho goes to LA why should Donovan leave? They would compete for the title for the next 3 years easily…. with the Red Bulls of course who look set to sign Henry

LAG vs RBNY is gonna be hell of a rivalry for the next 3 or so years….

131. BrooklynFC says:

Word up, Jozy would be grat at AJAX after they sell Luis Saurez

132. BrooklynFC says:

Why is everyone hell bent on him leaving MLS….. Donovan is great for MLS, he can live in LA and live off of Beckham’s Fame and his new found own fame making 2 mil a year
    And with Ronaldinho supposedly coming LA Galaxy are gonna be on sportscenter all the time…. It makes more sense for him to stay here and Be the American that helped MLS go to the next level of popularity

133. just saying says:

“Everton could trot out a midfield of

Donovan, Fellaini, Cahill and Pienaar…and have Bilyaletdenov on the bench…that would be one of the best midfields in England.”

NO. that would ne chelsea…and in a MANU fan

134. Hush says:

That’s great news for LD. Every American should strive to play for the Champions League or atleast a team that can contend for one. LD would be perfect for Man-city, because LD is already established as a player. LD wouldm’t have a problem winning a starting role in MAn city, he brings a winning attitude and great offensive & defensive duties to the table.

Besides LD, Micheal Bradley was the monster of this US team. The amount of space he covers on field is freaking amazing. I didn’t think he had it in him, but he prove me wrong and more. This 22yr will land in a big team sooner or later, he is a waste in Borrusia. Too much talent for a team not to pick him up.

EDU: Should be in the starting 11 for the U.S, enought said. Should be in a team playing daily, too much talent to go to waste.

Jozy: He had a great cup. I don’t know what crack people on this board have been smoking calling this kid a joke. Jozy led the goal against Algeria and assisted Bradley to tie the game against Slovenia. Name a 20yr old that had an impact in his team like Jozy did for the U.S. He held the ball great and ran at defenders, sure he isn’t Messi or Fabiano, but then again Jozy doesn’t have KAKA or Tevez alonside of him. Jozy is by far the best Forward we have had in our history, and he is only 20. Wait until Adu & Chuck D are supplying him, it will be delightful to watch in the upcoming years. :)

135. inkedag@gmail.com says:

Landon should go on the Maury Show and get a DNA test to see if he’s the baby’s Daddy.