Soccer Saturday: Your Running Commentary

ChelseaCelebrates (ISIphotos.com)

Photo by ISIphotos.com

Carlo Ancelotti  will look to add his second trophy as Chelsea manager today when the Blues take on relegation-bound Portsmouth in the FA Cup Final.

Chelsea is coming off having won its first league title in four seasons, and will look to do the double against a Pompey side that has shown heart and ability in its improbable run to the final.

Today also features final-week action in Italy and Spain, while Major League Soccer features a loaded slate of match-ups as well, including Columbus-Chivas USA and New York-Seattle.

If you will be watching today's soccer action on TV< please feel free to share your thoughts, opinions and some play-by-play in the comments section below.

Enjoy the action (Today's TV schedule is after the jump):

TODAY'S SOCCER ON TV

10am- FSC/FSE- Chelsea vs. Portsmouth (FA Cup Final)

Noon- ESPN Deportes/ESPN3- Athletic Bilbao vs. Deportivo La Coruna

7:30pm- Direct Kick- Columbus Crew vs. Chivas USA

7:30pm- Direct Kick- D.C. United vs. Colorado Rapids

8pm- GolTV- Millonarios vs. Medellin

8:30pm- FSC- Kansas City Wizards vs. Chicago Fire

9pm- Telemundo- Toluca vs. Pachuca

10:30pm- Direct Kick- Los Angeles Galaxy vs. Toronto FC

This entry was posted in Soccer on TV, Your Running Commentary. Bookmark the permalink.

51 Responses to Soccer Saturday: Your Running Commentary

1. fischy says:

That really has to be the worst miss of the English season. Donovan can rest easily.

2. Kris (VFB!) says:

Now that the Bundesliga is done, I can look at EPL teams, and — wait — Ashley Cole is back? I thought he was going to miss the world cup?

3. It’s good to see so many people intent on watching this game. It truly speaks to the relevance and prestige of the FA Cup Final with a relegated, administrated team.

Although 3 times against the crossbar is fun.

4. Greg says:

Nasty hit on Ballack. I’m sure alll of Deutscheland isn’t happy now.

Amazing Save!!!!

5. roberto says:

HEY! no hurting Ballack!

6. wilyboy says:

I am Loving that goal frame. One thing money can’t buy, ay, Abramovich?

7. Wondolowski says:

Play up Pompey! Pompey play up!

8. OmarVizquel says:

I refuse to say the word “Pompey.”

I hope David James does his customary smile and laugh after letting in a few USA goals.

9. Shark says:

Robert Green is the #1…

10. Shark says:

Love as a boy living in England FA Cup day and the buildup…there is nothing quite like it in the football world….glad my American dad married my English mom as I get the best of both worlds….:)

Oh and Go USA!!….I’ll be back to rooting for England after that game as my #2 team….

11. OmarVizquel says:

I don’t think that’s been established to anyone’s satisfaction yet. I’m sure Capello has his #1 in his mind, but no one else knows.

At any rate, if it is Green, he has that British keeper trait where he looks helpless, bewildered, and confused after letting in a goal. Robinson has it too.

12. Shark says:

Horrible PK shot by Boatang….

13. Wolfgang Depner says:

What a miss!!! Kevin-Prince Boateng deserves to have missed that after the Ballack foul. Kevin Prince as it turns out is the half-brother of Jerome Boateng, HSV defender and German national team member.

14. Shark says:

And will play for Ghana in the World Cup….

15. Dylan says:

got to say, belhadj worries me as much as any single player on england’s roster with the exception of rooney.

16. madmax says:

Algerian LB has put some nice balls into the area.

17. Shark says:

Lampard dives (poor decision on that PK)…and then misses a PK…go figure….the ref decisions on a whole today seemed to have favored Chelsea….

18. fischy says:

Lampard used to be worthy of respect. His diving lately is awful. At least, the diver missed his PK.

19. fischy says:

OmarVizquel said…

I refuse to say the word “Pompey.”

————————————————

Whatever floats your boat.

20. neil says:

drogba scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. neil says:

any predictions for the ny-seattle game

22. madmax says:

NYRB 2 SEA 1

23. fischy says:

He’s as good as it gets — probably better than anyone on the USMNT — but Algeria doesn’t have the forwards to make full use if him.

24. Shark says:

Terry to me just doesn’t look top-class and hasn’t for a while….he was never fast of foot and looks like he has lost a step more…in my opinion could be a liability for England….especially if Capello goes with a 3-5-2 as has been discussed in the paper…

25. ko'd says:

Probably better than anyone on the USMNT? That’s a laughable statement. I watched Portsmouth whenever they were on television, and I can say quite confidently that–in terms of overall quality–Donovan and Dempsey are far superior to Bellhadj.

26. fischy says:

Time-warpe comment?

27. fischy says:

Donovan and Dempsey play positions where you notice them more. Belhadj is one of the best left backs around.

28. Deus257 says:

THE SPECIAL1 IS BAAACCCCCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link:

link to youtube.com

Shame it’s just for yhe world cup.

29. war says:

What looks like a Paraguay A team is heading to a 0-0 draw with North Korea. Hmm. How does New Zealand’s team compare to North Korea(from a non-North Korean perspective)?

30. Paul says:

Watching North Korea in the WC will be fun. Apparently the N.Korean govt is not going to show the games in their entirety – only the highlights. Should be fairly short then :)

31. casadelqueso says:

Very nice.

32. Wolfgang Depner says:

Yes, you are right, against Germany, of all teams.

33. gabe says:

Yeah, the whole NK thing will be interesting.

IVES: I’ve made a video for the WC2010 dedicated to your mafia, Sam’s army, and the boys in red white and blue. Cheers from Leeds.

link to youtube.com

34. Alex says:

Onyewu not dressed

35. war says:

no gooch. How depressing… Not even on the bench.

36. Erik says:

not surprising….

the EPL needs a salary cap and fast, another meaningless final.

37. Betinho says:

It did save me from watching a Serie A game. Although I could use a nap..maybe I will watch.

38. Brett says:

There are people who actually expected Gooch to break back into the Milan first team?

39. Brett says:

Edit: The guy was barely on the fringe when he was healthy. They gave him appearances during the North American tour but I think most of the time they were actually playing him as a target forward.

40. war says:

I would’ve been nice to see him at least make the bench. He was there before his injury and a lot of us probably hoped he could reclaim his seat. However, if I had to chose an extra forward to put on the bench, I’d rather take Gooch and make him a target man than Mancini. I wonder if BB would do that too instead of bringing Ching. Then we can bring in a forward who can hustle and score goals. Had to say it, sorry. Ching-bashing habit.

41. Brett says:

Indeed, it would have been nice. But expected? Not for me. I was one of the few who was angry that Gooch decided to make the move. Italian teams will not tolerate mental mistakes or poor distribution from defenders for very long (unless the player in question is native Italian and a NT member), and Gooch, for all his stature and resolve, has a nasty habit of giving the ball away with ill-advised passes.

42. Wolfgang Depner says:

Bayern 3 Bremen 0 less than 15 minutes left

43. Wolfgang Depner says:

Bayern 4 Bremen 0
    Robben
    Olic
    Ribery
    Schweinsteiger

44. war says:

I agree. I never thought he’d get a game. If the USA squad had more depth/ better options, he wouldn’t have made a WC squad given his lack of play. He’s a boot-the ball-up kind of guy which really doesn’t fit with Milan’s passing. When you think about it, that’s what got him in trouble at Newcastle a few years back in addition to his mental erros. Hopefully, his brief time in Italy has shown him how to change. I think he would be a better fit at Tottenham, where consistent injuries to all the other CB’s will get Gooch some time.Playing experience for an advancing team would be the best teacher in my opinion.

45. war says:

Did the Juve fans set the stadium on fire again, or are those just flares?

46. BurlingtonCHelsea says:

Blue is the color!!!

47. SteveforPresident says:

Arjen Robben will be voted into the top10 footballers of the year in the Ballon d’or and FIFA world player of the year.

it’ll be Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Higuain, Fabregas, Robben, Sneijder, Lampard, Dempsey and Vidic

what you guys think? seriously Arjen Robben kicked butt for Bayern this season while Gomez was a flop considering the goals for price similar with Zlatan at Barca

48. madmax says:

Pachuca lose 1-0 to Toluca. They’re out now so Gringo Torres should be in camp. I watched the second half and JFT was best Pachuca player, he set up many chances, and broke up the counters.

49. madmax says:

Without Robben, Bayern don’t win any titles.

50. Soccernst says:

Agreed he showed good defensive bite (caught in possession for an ugly give away right around half time tho). Horrible finishing from Pachuca tonight against 10 men. Didn’t deserve to move on.

51. David says:

I m also soccer player. If U wanna learn dribbling the best way is to watch Christiano Ronaldo or other play makers. He is my favourite. My best dribble is First crossing my right foot over the ball without touching the ball and then same with left foot and again with right foot now move the ball the side U want. This is the best dribble in 1 on 1 tackle. Or If U wanna improve ur left leg just practice 1 hr everyday with left foot without even touching the ball with right leg. I had the same problem. Now I have improved so much that in last match I played, I scored the opening goal by my left foot. It was a great pass and I just finished off with just a fast flick.