SBI Video Corner: A look at the 2010 Red Bulls

In our ever-growing desire to expand our coverage of American soccer, SBI will be adding a video element to the site.

SBI Video coordinator Michael Nastri will be leading the way in providing SBI readers with some in-depth coverage of the New York Red Bulls, both in written form and with video programming.

Here is our first installment of the SBI Video Corner, with a look at the New York Red Bulls, who will open their new stadium, Red Bull Arena, on Saturday vs. Santos:

This entry was posted in MLS- New York Red Bulls, SBI Video Corner. Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to SBI Video Corner: A look at the 2010 Red Bulls

1. Bruce says:

No Juan Pablo!?? Just got the game notes and it’s got Juan Pablo out for knee surgery for tomorrow’s game! Anybody know anything more… Ives?

(SBI-Angel won’t play in the game and is questionable for the opener vs. Chicago.)

2. Bruce says:

No Robinho either…bummer!

3. Bruce says:

If Agudelo is as good as they say he is, maybe it’s time to sign him up to fill the void while Juan Pablo recovers. He’s on the bench tomorrow as “a non-roster player”. Is this kid still holding out for more money elsewhere?

4. Good video guys – well done. We going to see more of these?

5. Smith says:

Excellent video. Great feature.

6. Queso says:

Let’s have a season MLS. You got too much to lose for a strike. Have you seen the graveyard of pro soccer leagues right over your shoulder? Its’ gianormous.

7. Smith says:

Where did you hear he was having surgery? The game notes say he is sitting out Santos & hoping to play against Chicago.

8. Bruce says:

Thanks Smith, I feel better already. It says “Injury” I read “Surgery”. I’ll read more carefully in the future. Glad it’s only temporary!

9. WiscFan says:

So I guess their goal is getting into the playoffs, but seriously I like the video feature. Hopefully SBI will have some video interviews with Nats in SA!

10. Supsam says:

goshhh thanks alot DeGuzman…NOT

11. Supsam says:

I didnt quite understand what everyone was saying at the end: What is their goal this season??? haha

12. VictorM says:

Excellent start of this new video feature. I like!! Keep it going, guys.

For non-MLS speaking fans, the Red Bulls say they hope to at least be a middle of the table team. :-p

13. Lee says:

Ives why is that Mls taking so long to sign juan Agudelo ? The kid is a young up and coming star do mls hate the redbulls that much?

14. Hutskizzle says:

Playoffs? P-Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?

15. Smith says:

I suffered a mild heart attack when I read your post!

16. Sean says:

I want to be a part of it…
    RED BULL NEW YORK!!!

See y’all tomorrow in the supporters’ section.

17. Rob says:

I’m stoked for this season. Let’s just hope it happens! Great vid Ives/Nastri

18. einar says:

lol Backe talks funny

19. irishapple21 says:

I like the positivity coming from the Red Bulls. They seem a lot more confident this season than last and their pre-season has shown that they are much more cohesive and cooperative.

20. roger says:

Worst team has the best stadium.. Dynamo are having trouble getting one.. that ain’t right haha

21. Mike C says:

So does anyone need a pair of tickets for the Red Bulls vs Santos match tonight?? I am unable to use mine because I live in Ohio. I bought the two game package which included this game and the MLS opener on the 27th. The seats are in Section 223, Row 4, Seats 1 & 2. I can e-mail them to you via a PDF file. The PDF file is legitimate as it was sent to me directly from the NYRB ticket staff. My original plan was to sell the tickets on Craigslist but I didn’t want to post an ad until I had the tickets in my hand. A shipping error occurred with the ticket process and they never came to my door. I called and complained yesterday so they e-mailed them to me instead. The reason I am not charging is because I don’t want you to think this is a scam. I assure you this is legit. After you enjoy the experience today, if you would ever be so kind to throw a couple bucks my way, I’d appreciate it. :-) Considering I spent $70 for the two tickets and I am giving them away. E-mail me. foote5252@hotmail.com

First come, first serve.

22. Mike C says:

The tickets are gone already. Just an FYI. GO RED BULLS!!!

23. agnigrin says:

I am looking forward to the game and hope the MLS season happens. I think RBNY has finally done a great job with promotion. There are ads, magazine and newspaper stories everywhere! Go Bulls!

24. afrim says:

funny how the production of this 3 min clip is better than the entire production of FSC’s mls preview show last night

25. DC Josh says:

Sweet. Thanks. I love videos.

26. DC Josh says:

Since Ives is sleeping in, I’ll post this here: Rico on the bench against Bayern Munich, kickoff in 7 minutes…

27. Mason says:

Oh for christ’s sake…Jozy out injured today vs Portsmouth, and a scan scheduled for Monday. Great. Just great.

28. CSD says:

CBA news for today:

“The deal was likely to be announced Saturday, the person said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the announcement had not been made.”

link to soccernet.espn.go.com

29. MikeK says:

PLAYOFFS?!?!

30. jake says:

you’ve got to learn to rescale ives

31. Mikemike says:

Awesome video. Great job. I really like the length and production.

32. socmin says:

Agreed. With SBI’s continued growth, who needs cable. Ives is almost the one stop shop.

33. socmin says:

The editing was great and, even though we are talking Red Bulls here, it made me wish the season started tonight.

34. torosrojosfan says:

Great feature! Looking forward for the season to start and see more Red Bulls related videos. Good job team SBI!