Soccer Sunday: Your Running Commentary

Wayne Rooney (Getty Images)

American goalkeepers Brad Friedel and Brad Guzan will see their club, Aston villa, take part in today's Carling Cup Final, and if they are to leave Wembley with winner's medals, one of them will have to stop red-hot Wayne Rooney.

Manchester United-Aston Villa in the Carling Cup is just one of several quality match-ups today. DaMarcus Beasley and Maurice Edu will take part in today's Old Firm match-up between Rangers and Celtic (both are in uniform but on the bench), while Tim Howard and Landon Donovan will face Tottenham in one of the day's first matches.

If you will be watching today's action, please feel free to share your thoughts, opinions and some play-by-play in the comments section below.

Enjoy the action (Today's TV schedule is after the jump):

1pm- Telemundo- Toluca vs. Indios

2:45pm- FSC/FSE- Juventus vs. Palermo

3pm- GolTV- Athletico Madrid vs. Valencia

3pm- Setanta USA- Paris St. Germain vs. Marseille

3:15pm- ESPN360.com- Sporting vs. FC Porto

5pm- ESPN Deportes- Puebla vs. Jaguares

5pm- Setanta USA- Chelsea vs. Manchester City (Delayed)

5pm- FSC- AC Milan vs. Atalanta (Delayed)

5pm- GolTV- Santos vs. Corinthians (Delayed)

5pm- FSE- Independiente vs. Racing (Delayed)

——————

Which matches will you be most looking forward to?

This entry was posted in European Soccer, Your Running Commentary. Bookmark the permalink.

280 Responses to Soccer Sunday: Your Running Commentary

1. ThaDeuce says:

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Too bad our boys in Scotland are on the bench though..I hope they get in soon so I have a reason to be up so early.

2. OmarVizquel says:

Argh, Donovan on the bench.

3. OmarVizquel says:

That, coupled, with Rooney’s ugly mug at the top of the page, really curdles my milk this morning.

4. ThaDeuce says:

found link, this crowd IS SUPER LOUD!!!
    Awesome, singing everything…. great way to wake up.
    : )
    Lets go Rangers!

5. I can’t believe I woke up this early to see everyone on the bench.

6. Mig22 says:

Wow, it’s amazing how far the Scottish game has fallen in my eyes that if our Yanks aren’t in the game, I won’t even look for an internet feed for the Old Firm. Seems like not long ago I would watch Hearts-Motherwell.

7. USMNT says:

DaMarcus Beasley, Maurice Edu, and Landon Donovan will share the bench today. I could understand the Rangers pair not playing, but MOYES seems as though he’s preparing for Landon’s DEPARTURE!

8. OmarVizquel says:

Well, he might as well play him, since he’s paying him and it doesn’t matter if he runs Landon into the ground b/c he’s leaving soon. Maybe he’s still got the flu, or something.

9. JC says:

Well, he did play in the mid week so there might be a fitness issue

10. Mig22 says:

I imagine it’s just rotation and the fact that he went 90 a few days ago. Even though the loan is expiring, it doesn’t help to wear him out. Plush Moyes knows that LD will probably go at least 60 with the US on Wednesday and then would be shot for NEXT weekend. Just a thought.

11. JC says:

I am beginning to worry about LD burning out before the WC now

12. ThaDeuce says:

I hope the ranger who is down happens to be left wing.
    nope, they just ,mentioned EDU!!!!
    GETTING READY

13. ThaDeuce says:

EDU ON!!!
    EDU SCORES!!!!!!!!!!

14. THaDeuce says:

ruled handball on someone else!!! bah

15. ThaDeuce says:

so easy to follow edu, the only black man on the field!

16. JC says:

Shoot. Should I switch from Everton game to Rangers game?

17. OmarVizquel says:

Donovan didn’t go 90 against Sporting. I’m not worried at all about his fitness…..I just have little motivation to watch a game unless we have guys playing! (Timmy excepted…)

18. freelancer says:

Wow nice strike by Edu! Too bad it didn’t count!!

19. Mig22 says:

It’s always a thought, JC. I think Dempsey has suffered from it in the past as the qualifiers drag on and the English season is difficult.

I see this time on the bench today as a good thing. Moyes has really switched things around playing Rodwell, Anichebe, and the Yak. Resting Saha, Bilyuletdinov (sp?), and LD.

20. ThaDeuce says:

in blue that is

21. sir coble says:

any hints on the rangers feed?

22. ThaDeuce says:

was a tremendous strike, wish they would replay it

23. JC says:

Everton keeps turning the ball over. Spurs are keep passing to R Pav, who is looking dangerous

24. ThaDeuce says:

Edu having a strong game! Positioning is great, passes are strong, and defense is strong. try the usual places

25. batwact says:

Commentators said LD was on the bench recovering from flu. He is an emergency sub today.

26. Mig22 says:

I forgot he came off (73 though). I worry about any player’s fitness. LD is a beast and stays healthy but he’s enduring a bit more rigorous conditions than ever playing in the EPL so bench time is good for him.

And I’ll watch this game because it is actually too pretty good teams. Now West Ham without Spector or M’Gladbach without Bradley is another story. :)

27. Ghost says:

I hope Edu gets some minutes in the game on wednesday.
    We need to just list Dempsey as a striker or play 4-5-1. Our midfield is so deep with great talent.

torres,donavon,holden,benny,edu,beasley,bradley,clark,

i would rather have holden,torres or edu over clark in CM. i know others will disagree but whatever

28. JC says:

Neville just tackled recklessly and got yellow carded. That was a really bad challenge.

29. JC says:

Spurs scores. Roman Pav scores

30. JC says:

Great assist from J Defoe

31. Isaac says:

Where are you watching the game?

32. Ghost says:

Wow celtics just had a GREAT chance.

i love the passion of rivalries like this. makes worth watching even though everton spurs is a superior match

33. Alex says:

seems like landon didn’t get his routine flu vaccination

34. Ghost says:

damn rangers shouldve scored rofl WHAT???

35. Ghost says:

didnt Landon have the flu during the match at azteca?

I mean… why wouldnt he have the vac’s especially after it affecting him in such an important game.
    pretty weird

36. Mig22 says:

That can’t be true, Deuce. There is one prominent commentor who assured us that Edu was crap and would be exposed this morning.

37. USMNT says:

Maurice Edu has not had a good game defensively. He may be positioned well, but the opponents continue to dribble or pass through him easily. Unfortunately, he doesn’t have the work rate typically associated with American footballers.

38. ThaDeuce says:

half time now, but yes.
    This is a big game with an american in it.

39. Shark says:

Anichebe is slow as the announcer on Setanta just remarked “he doesn’t Donovan’s speed or approach”

40. ThaDeuce says:

scared to say, but try the usual places… hint, yesterday some guy on the running commentary kept saying to go here. from there, there is a link

41. Erik says:

He had the flu for the last couple of games, plus they just played Thursday… tired is the word, no worries.

42. Alex says:

yes landon had the H1N1 in Mexico. Seems a little irresponsible and surprising if he didn’t regarding his health.

43. ThaDeuce says:

lol
    i do remember that post… who was it?
    not the case.
    just wish the goal counted within seconds of coming on..that would have showed em.

44. Erik says:

He’s young too – good player nonetheless.

45. wilyboy says:

This is exactly why I’ve wanted Modric playing for the US for some time.

46. ThaDeuce says:

from MY computer he has been everywhere. Sometimes they have passed around him, but i have not seen 1 person dribble through him. in fact he has made 2 strong tackles.

I don’t know how you can say they have been dribbling through him OR that he hasn’t been hustling. At moments it has looked like he is playing striker and center Defense.

47. Alex says:

again commentators questioning why Donovoan not in the game. Also noticed Saha not on the squad. Moyes could be resting international players for mid week games. Everton’s schedule really eases up after this weekend.

48. zomgwarn says:

scared to say?

‘the man’ doesnt find the link because you say anything.

the company with the rights does its own searching and asks the sites to take streams down.

myp2p.eu for ALL the information needed to learn how to become an ace at finding streams for anything

atdhe.net for those who’d prefer to be lazy and have links delivered to them, altho streams taken down frequently.

49. Shark says:

Edu is playing just fine. I’m not sure what game USMNT is watching? Sounds like the Jozy Altidore is lazy and not fit argument again. I start to wonder about folks making those sort of comments when it it is obvious it isn’t true. Coming off of major knee surgery he is doing A-OK

50. freelancer says:

Everton backline is wretched! Poor Howard.

51. Shark says:

No where near the speed or skills of Donovan and the drop off is very noticable on my 42″ screen….:) The announcer’s have coomented on it several times too. If Donovan does indeed return to MLS thsi is going to be a big drop off for them.

52. ThaDeuce says:

playing striker and central defense in addition to central mid where his defensive positioning has been nice. but his hustle is that he is always in the part of the field where the action is…game on!

53. ThaDeuce says:

for instance, that play edu tracks all the way back to stop keane from going straight to goal…even though there were two open central defenders…. case and point.

54. USMNT says:

My assessment of Maurice Edu comes from years of football experience. I never mentioned Maurice Edu was not fit, but complemented his defensive positioning. However, when the backline struggles defensivley and you’re a defensive center-mid you should close down quickly. BASIC FOOTY

55. Mig22 says:

I’m too lazy to go look. It was one of those folks that uses a lot of capitalization.

56. Shark says:

And England called Baines in….:) England’s defense other than Ashley Cole wasn’t great to begin with. With Cole and Fredinand possibly out, Terry looking like crap (never fleet of foot to begin with and vulnerable on crosses) and no answer at right back and a goalie situation that is a disaster they are not th ejuggernaut many talk about. If Rooney goes down between now and June they are finished.

57. Mig22 says:

Modric is slick. Good player.

58. Isaac says:

I think it’s just people who take the time to rip on players who are in the way of another player they want on the field. Edu could start over Torres, so USMNT decided to rip on him, and considering a lot of the people in here don’t even have a stream to watch this game, it’s a good opportunity to lower the public esteem in which Edu is held.

Of course, that’s just a theory. I don’t mean to make USMNT sound like a jerk, but that’s what I think is going on. He’s not the only one who does that sort of thing either.

59. ThaDeuce says:

just yesterday i was informed that they have humans trolling for hints to links….hence i’m scared to say. AS WELL AS EVERYTIME someone gives a direct link to a game I am watching on SBI, the feed disappears. SO, YES, I am scared to say, but gave a generous and adequate hint.

60. Dylan says:

Edu pulled down in the box. Should have been a penalty. Edu mouths “Bullshit” directly into a camera.

61. Mig22 says:

Shark, I’ll agree with you on their defense and that Rooney is important.

(big) BUT, they’re midfied is exceptional, Crouch does nothing more than score a goal every two games internationally, and Defoe is no slouch. Even without Rooney they’re still really tough.

That said, don’t we all hope Robinson ends up in goal again? :)

62. zomgwarn says:

heres a link

link to tvoo.net

also, harshly true that its easy to find Edu on the field.

cant say i like the mini fro now tho

63. ThaDeuce says:

and back to the game.
    Lets go Rangers!
    Lets go Mo!

anyone still watching donovanless everton, this is a much better game.

64. Shark says:

Yeah well so does mine. Played the game for many years, lived in England for 8 years (mom is English). I beg to differ, you made the comment that his work rate was not that of other American footballers (i.e. fitness or lazy comes to mind). You also claimed they were dribbling or passing through him easily. Once again I disagree and their is no evidence to prove your point as a whole. Seems you need to learn basic football before making rash statements that you can’t backup. Simple as that….:)

65. ThaDeuce says:

Edu with a great tackle on the right wing…
    announcer: “that’s a really great tackle from Edu.”

66. ThaDeuce says:

i.e. no one is dribbling through edu

67. ThaDeuce says:

WHAT A GAME!

68. zomgwarn says:

trust me, they’re not paying people who’s job it is to refresh SBI and browse the comments.

if anything, they use what other sites use, which is like bots that crawl and find recent links, or if a link is a hotlink if they find unusual amount of redirects from a certain page, theyll look into it. or embedding. copying and pasting a link tho, i cant say with 99% certainty, poses no threat to the stream ur watchin. even if it does, i just found like 7 working links to the game, so its not as if its a problem

69. USMNT says:

I support the inclusion of Maurice Edu to the USMNT completely if he improves the squad. For those interested in watching the Celtic-Rangers match or any other I suggest they visit link to myp2p.eu. I am simply rating Maurice Edu’s performance as I see it. It has become an epidemic especially in the States where the casual viewer has clouded judgement because the name on the Jersey (ie. Iverson an All-Star).

70. Shark says:

Makes a lot of sense to me. I saw the same thing when Altiodre had a string of games recently when he was a beast on the field. I often wonder if folks are watching the same match as me or as you said have an agenda.

71. Nicole says:

Which is why I hope it entices them to pony up the cash to buy him.

72. Shark says:

Ah, so everyone is a casual viewer except for you….nice….you might want to stop while you are ahead. I’ll be a bit arrogent and say that I’ve probally forgotten more about the game than you know, but I don’t go around trying to convince everyone how smart I am (lot of smart folks post on here FWIW). Espically when your making comments that there is no evidence on from the game to backup….but your entitled to your opinion…:)

Now lets get back to the games. You ragenda is noted…:)

73. ML says:

the flu vaccine doesnt protect from ALL strains of flu. why do you think there is a different shot for H1N1?

74. ko'd says:

To everyone who hit the panic button because Donovan wasn’t starting (including those who said he will burn out or that Moyes was just waiting for his departure): Donovan played last weekend, and then played this week in Europa action. Combine that with a game TODAY and the MNT on WEDNESDAY and then another game next Sunday, and you have a very busy schedule. If Donovan is recovering from the flu, than it looks like Moyes is doing what he should be doing: managing his club and its personnel.

In short, quit overreacting.

75. ThaDeuce says:

Bullsh!t red card for the celtic, losing their captain in the process… However, go rangers!

76. Isaac says:

I realize you’re rating him, but it just seems there are so many others who find completely contradict your opinion on his performance that the theory I had doesn’t sound as far-fetched as it might on the surface. Considering that Edu just got back from injury, I’d say he’s done himself well.

77. Thorpinski says:

Agree

78. Shark says:

Don’t disagree with you and well said…:) however, “the England for the final four” I keep hearing is crazy with a back four and goalie situation they have. To be this close to the World Cup with no clear cut #1 goal keeper is not good.

I believe if we are healthy, come 12 June, we can beat them with our speed, offensive pressure and counter attack ability. Their fans are not as confident or brash as the pundits are and I know that from talking to (English) realatives and friends. Donovan really opened their eyes because basically, other than those who play in Engladn, they don’t have a clue about American footballer’s and stick to the sterotypical notion of our game. Like the Candians with hockey, the beleive they are entitled although that notion is wearing thin with no cup win since 1966 (great team by the way).

If we beat them there will meltdown all around England….:)

79. Rob says:

Great steal by Edu – now we just need Beasley on the field.

80. ThaDeuce says:

“player’s name, robbed by EDU!”
    then penalty drawn near the box.
    nobody is dribbling through edu. they were wise to pass around him in the first half.

81. Ghost says:

it did look like BS on the first replay, but fullspeed from a different angle… it didnt because he made bad challenge then followed up with getting tangled up.. although it lookd like the ranger player was the one who initiated the tangling after the celtic captain ran into him.

fact remains that the celtic captain fouled then anything that happens after that is just more on the person who initially fouled which is why he got a red. huge BS though

82. Thorpinski says:

Off topic I was browsing espn soccernet and they still have the picture of Ramsey up. His career could be over. Very sad

83. Shark says:

Ramsey is a young boy and with medical procedure they way they are he hasa fighting chance of returning. If Eduardo can return from his injury anyone can. Ugly none-the-less and the defender that hit him was called into the England team last night.

84. Alex says:

that’s why you get vaccinated for all pertinent cases. You’re talking to someone who works w/the Fl. Health Dept.

85. ThaDeuce says:

Edu just played a big part in a long spell of possession then a build up. Hard, low, and bouncing cross from the left, Edu makes strong and quick run into its path in the box, hits a hard volley off balance, and comes close to goal. Announcer says it was a great chance…that maybe he should have scored… but it was a hard chance, and he did well to make the run and get into the position. Exciting game!

86. ThaDeuce says:

Edu got on the end of two corners in a row with his head. props to getting up there and fighting, but the headers were lackluster. I’m just glad he is getting in position and getting chances. I think he may score if he gets one more chance.

87. Aaron in StL says:

As long as LD can play Wednesday, that would be my main interest. Obviously there’s nothing riding on the match, but I still would like to see how he performs w/the Nats after his time in England, interested to see if there’s any noticeable difference even though he’s only been over there a short time.

88. THaDeuce says:

Edu just took someone out on a 50/50 with an elbow to his head. Like his scrappiness, but may be a bit too much there.

89. Alex says:

potential cases

90. Isaac says:

It’s great to hear(although I’d preferably see) that Maurice is doing well. I still sincerely think he should be in the starting lineup against the Netherlands

——————Altidore———

————–Donovan————–

Torres—-Edu—–Bradley—-Holden

Pearce–Bocanegra–DeMErit–Spector

—————Howard————–

Not probable, maybe not even successful, but it’d be interesting, and includes everyone who got good minutes this weekend, save for Landon, who has the flu.

91. petaluman says:

Donovan in for Everton!

92. jts says:

Donovan on 63rd min

93. wilyboy says:

EDU!!!!!!!

94. jon says:

EDU!!!!!!!

95. Rob says:

Edu Edu – goal – yea bad work rate :)

96. wilyboy says:

He scores!

97. USMNT says:

Great effort for the GOAL Maurice Edu. Landon Donovan makes an appearance for Everton.

98. Hush says:

MY BOY!!! EDU BABY!!

99. Tomas says:

Goal Edu!

100. Daniel says:

EDU THE HERO

101. RAM says:

link for everton game?

102. sir coble says:

my feed went out for edu goal, all I see now are the players congratulating him….what did the goal look like?

103. wilyboy says:

Mad scramble following a corner, Edu the last foot on it. Good tenacity.

104. petaluman says:

From Soccernet…

Maurice Edu hits a good left footed shot.

Outcome: goal

105. ThaDeuce says:

(sorry for the delayed post, but i was enjoying the moment too much to turn away from the link).
    EDU SCORES IN THE 92ND MINUTE AND THIS ONE COUNTS!!!!!!
    Game over, Edu gets in on a pinball in the box after a corner. 2 yards out he anticipates a deflection and gets on the end of it, burying it in the back of the net. Like i said at 9:20 a.m., you had the feeling that if he could get 1 more chance, he would make it count. well he did!!!! GOAL EDU! then promptly game over as there were only 3 minutes of stoppage time. Edu is joyous, and the old firm derby crowd is standing room only. everyone is yelling and singing. All the players are hugging edu. Announcer says Edu just scored the goal of his young career. Very emotional as Edu and Damarcus embrace. What a great and meaningful goal. What a great game. What a moment for Maurice Edu!!!

Incredible. I wish you all could have seen the emotion and the game.

Overall, Mo had a great game. Mo is back, and the goal just tops it off. WONDERFUL!!!

Eat it all you naysayers!!!

106. Il Consigliere says:

Friedel starting in goal for Villa…Guzan on the bench…

107. Aaron in StL says:

Hope he parlays this into a solid outing in Amsterdam. He has to get a look by Bradley.

I’m a Celtic fan…but if they’re going to lose to those wankers, I’d much rather prefer an American being the cause.

108. ThaDeuce says:

Landon Donovan has subbed into the Everton Tottenham match.
    in the 63rd minute. NOw it is 75 minute.

I am so happy for Mo Edu.

109. Shark says:

Donovan nearly scores….side netting….he has made a difference since coming on…

110. ronniet23 says:

wow donovan just missed a sitter and the chance to tie the game! Watching that one hurts!

111. war says:

sky: Donovan’s miss was the miss of the season…

112. Aaron in StL says:

Wow…Rooney on the bench. O’Neill ‘feels bad’ for leaving Guzan out.

113. petaluman says:

wow how do you miss that one…

114. Jorge says:

LD just missed a clear chance in front of goal…

115. Dylan says:

Terrible miss for Lando there…the net was gaping. Let’s see if he can redeem himself.

116. ThaDeuce says:

Donovan went close with a right footed shot right that should have gone in. Announcers are saying he should have scored… great opportuninty. HOwever, good run to get into position to miss it…
    so happy for MO.
    donovan looks sick, but playing hard.

117. Il Consigliere says:

Guy on Sky Sports said Donovan missed an open goal from 2 yards…

118. Erik says:

Not cool at all since it was Guzan and many of his penalty saves that got them there…

119. kelvin says:

OH MY GOD THIS CHANCE FOR DONOVAN…Again that should’ve been in the net. DAMN IT!

120. zomgwarn says:

omg donovan misses an open net, one of the misses of his entire career!

sure it fast and was skipping on the ground, but he was 5-7 feet from an empty net. hits it into side netting. its not like it surprised him, he had time to set up his shot, he just missed it.

it was a miss of darcheville proportions!!!!

121. Sg says:

Eeeeek Donovan just choked…….

122. wilyboy says:

I don’t think anyone is being fair. It was a deceptively tight angle, with both the ball and the player going at break neck speed. Wasn’t surprised at all that he missed it.

123. Shark says:

On next on Setanta….that surpises me as Guzan was the goalie for the League (Carling) Cup run….disapponited for him…he earned the right to start for that reason, if no other….

He needs to get more first team play and you have to think Hahnamann moves ahead of him in the pecking order for that reason, if no other, in South Africa….not to mention Marcus has done very well indeed on a very bad team….

124. Wayne Bridge says:

from the Guardian matchtracker:

Hideous ugly unbelievable miss of the month, from Landon Donovan, who only had to tap in Rodwell’s cross-shot at the far post but managed to spear it a foot wide. Many, many heads in hands, one of them David Moyes’s.

Cakes missed a gift chance against UTd last week too!

Let’s get the next one LD

125. Shark says:

A bit dramatic….:) but then again that is the norm for them….

126. ThaDeuce says:

Donovan does have the flu remember, which is why he wasn’t going to play unless they needed him. Well, they need him, and a sick donovan seems to better than no donovan, though he misses the easy one.. however, it could be like mo, with a 3rd (5th) time a charm

127. USMNT says:

Landon Donovan missed TWO clear chances! MOYES can’t beleive it!

128. Shark says:

If he felt bad he would play him..h eknows what he is doing to not “right”…I like O’Neill…alot…however, Guzan earned this game by playing the complete game to get Villa there…

129. Turgid Jacobian says:

Dang.

130. Shark says:

Go troll somewhere else…

131. ThaDeuce says:

sounds like donovan needs to score or his rep is going to take a hit this time

132. war says:

Everton’s sick. They have LD-dependency syndrome. He’s contagious, except in Germany…

133. Beckster says:

Donovan blows it…this from BBC

SHOCKER! Jack Rodwell is in space in the area and arrows a shot towards the far corner. It deflects off the defender but Landon Donovan is at the far post and a yard out. He must score… but no, he’s put it in the side netting. He has his hands over his face – as does David Moyes, who cannot believe his eyes.

134. Bellamy says:

we all know what you’re like!

135. Chopper says:

Oh boy, looks like Landon’s inability to finish is becoming apparent to Everton

136. ThaDeuce says:

He really looks like he has the flu, I think he is going to be unfairly judged for this performance…not really fair. The effort is there, but you can tell he is a step slow.

137. USMNT says:

BALE IS FASTER THAN DONOVAN

138. ThaDeuce says:

Baines with an idiotic outside shot…weak

139. ThaDeuce says:

Spurs timewasting in the final minutes…scaredy cats.

140. ThaDeuce says:

ugly to watch the timewasting…takes all the excitement from the game….drains it. was a fun game to watch

141. ThaDeuce says:

game over.

142. understood says:

actually yes they do…and big soccer and all the other hotspots…there are companies who hire people to do this

143. Braden says:

Settle down… SO he missed an easy goal. It happens to pretty much everyone at some point. If he wasn’t on the field, I doubt anyone would have been at the back post.

144. ThaDeuce says:

Well, I for one am glad I awoke at 6:15 for soccer. What a way to start the day.

145. D says:

Are Adu and EJ playing?

146. Jose S. says:

Freddy Adu and Eddie Johnson on the bench today for Aris.

147. ThaDeuce says:

After the commentary I went to ESPN soccernet to check the news expecting the headline “Donovan blows it.” Luckily Sir Alex decided to bench Rooney : )

148. Jorge says:

Everton depending too much on LD. But then again, as the commentators said this morning, LD makes a difference when he’s on the pitch.

149. Aaron in StL says:

Exactly, can’t expect every outing to be perfect. His confidence won’t disappear after one average outing.

150. Braden says:

Edu is certainly looking like our default defensive mid. Great tackles, great strength, some beautiful, controlled passing, and a goal (a lucky one, but I’ll take it).

My only question for the future is whether the other CM spot should automatically go to Bradley. Holden has looked inspired for Bolton, and playing well defensively too.

151. madmax says:

Donovan playing like a man with the flu, or one with his bags packed. Can’t see Moyes using him much more. Landon’s good run with Everton ending on down slide.

152. freelancer says:

It seemed like Mo Edu was playing attacking mid instead of holding mid the whole time he was on.

153. ThaDeuce says:

United give up a penalty to villa. may move ahead

154. ThaDeuce says:

One of the best penalties i’ve ever seen

155. ThaDeuce says:

i’d say the flu, since he has it. I expect Moyes will continue using one of his star players this season.

156. Paul says:

Why can’t FSC play the liverpool v blackburn live – as opposed to what they call live which is actually a two minute tape-delayed live game. It makes it impossible to keep up to date on other scores via espnsoccernet and watch on tv if I know what is going to happen bc espn is more up to date than the actual live game

157. ThaDeuce says:

center mid is looking like a competitive spot, it is going to be really hard to choose for coach. and with all these versatile players playing well (donovan, holden, dempsey, torres) and beasley and edu back in form, we could see something completely different as well.

158. Jorge says:

I think it’s the flu. He looked slower than usual.

159. jts says:

1. Madmax: Naive. Overall Donovan has played well and proved that he can be a very good EPL player. One or two below average (for him) does not eliminate the body of work. Further, Moyes will play him because winning is all that matters and Donovan in the line up gives him a better chance of winning.

2. I think many people downplay Bradley because his father is the coach. Watch some Bund. games- he is good and will get better as he matures and eliminates stupid fouls

160. John1 says:

Now, Donovan has to rest and get ready for Wednesday.

161. ThaDeuce says:

I think it is now clear that your “years of football experience” were close to Will Ferrell’s character in kicking and screaming. I think you may be more of a “casual viewer” than you think. His defense was strong ALL game.

162. ThaDeuce says:

If we keep our general form with the same general starters in the 4-4-2, i cannot decide who to pair in the middle…And then there is the option to to do something completely different with all the players that are showing strong…I DO NOT want to be coach bradley right now… THe thing is, this is a great position to be in, much better than cappello’s postion of diva manager and defensive depth searcher.

Go U.S.A.!!!

163. Eric says:

Edu with the winner!!!!!

164. ThaDeuce says:

: )

165. war says:

Edu>Clark. He scores and doesn’t get sent off.

166. ThaDeuce says:

Thanks for getting up so early to provide this running commentary for us Ives!!!! Great morning. Cooking some sweet rolls now :D

167. Justin O says:

Who is hitting the panic button?

168. ThaDeuce says:

villa man u a good game now. Look for a feed if you are just waking up.

169. ThaDeuce says:

by the way, game is 1-1. Penalty for Villa, then Owen with a great strike, lower left corner. 29th minute.

170. war says:

aris 2-0 up in two minutes. Odd how one of our players who has been out the longest has played the longest and has been the most effective so far

171. ThaDeuce says:

Watching three big european games today, with three great american players, and its only 9:30…I am so pumped.

172. Carlo says:

I can’t believe Guzan didn’t get the start. He played every Cup game. B.S. He didn’t get the start in the final.

173. ThaDeuce says:

Wayne Rooney for Michael Owen in the 42nd minute…That didn’t take long… and Michael Owen had scored… i wasn’t paying attention, maybe an injury sub?

174. ThaDeuce says:

yes, owen with a pulled hammie maybe

175. wilyboy says:

Anyone keeping track of the Aris game?

176. Mr. Goal says:

How’s the Aris game going?

177. Fred says:

Aris up by a man and two goals, two subs used, no EJ or adnoy.

178. jim says:

what r u talking about? there has only been one sub used and it was the keeper. both adu and Johnson were shown warming up. pay attention…

179. Isaac says:

It’s great that Edu played well and scored and it’s clear he’s back in the mix for Rangers and Bradley’s side. Torres, Edu, Bradley, Holden, and Donovan all got minutes and I’d like to see how the team does with all of them on the field at the same time. That rules out Jozy being paired with another striker against Holland, but I think that the two main options to play next to Jozy are Davies and Ching, and the race for that final forward spot is between Johnson, Adu, and Findley. At this point, I’d take Adu for his ability to play as a withdrawn forward, attacking midfielder, and on either flank.

180. ThaDeuce says:

friedel just showed why he got the start over Guzan. Fantastic save.

181. ThaDeuce says:

FOUND IT!!!
    “USMNT said…
    Jose Francisco Torres deserves the start ahead of Maurice Edu. Maurice Edu has struggled for playing time since making his return to Rangers. In his previous game he was obviously the weakest link in the midfield.

WATCH THE RANSGER THIS SUNDAY AND YOU’LL SEE WHAT I MEAN”

Why am I not surprised Mig?? Hahaha… so fitting after this morning.

182. ThaDeuce says:

After watching Edu in the Rangers v Celtic match this morning,

I think we all TOTALLY see what you mean. : )

183. Fred says:

Aris used their second sub in the 51st min, Jim.

184. ThaDeuce says:

Where are you getting this info, espn live score is dropping the ball on aris today, don’t even have the score last i checked.

185. Mig22 says:

There you go! I know it was there and I knew there caps involved. Good find.

Great to see Edu return, and contribute. He couldn’t have played that bad in d-mid if Celtic didn’t score.

We’ll see him on Wednesday, I’m sure.

Regards,

186. Mig22 says:

And while we’re at it, lighten up a bit. If Fred WAS wrong (not saying he was), what’s the big deal?

187. ThaDeuce says:

Berbatov is all over Friedel, I would want to knock him out, but Friedel just walks around him to punt it.

188. ThaDeuce says:

Commentators comment about how friedel is the most consistent of keepers, and has shown well all season.. great career, or something like that. you get the point. he is awesome.

189. BCC says:

If LD didn’t know it before, he will know it after today: soccer fans are extremely fickle.

190. ThaDeuce says:

Gary Neville coming in for Rafael. Gary Neville could be paying against us in the world cup, no?

191. ThaDeuce says:

ARIS UPDATE please!

192. wilyboy says:

Holy crap are we in trouble.

193. Fred says:

Just a couple minutes left, still 2-0, still no Adu or EJ.

194. ThaDeuce says:

Rooney with a sick header, upper right 90 over friedel…sick. 2-1 man u

195. Judging Amy says:

So Mo had a great strike that got disallowed and then scored the game winner in the 90th? Wow, that sounds like an awesome performance. Great news! Glad he’s back.

196. ThaDeuce says:

ROONEY with ANOTHER ridiculous header… far out and powerful, bottom right corner, beats friedel, but hits the post and bounces out. should have been 3-1. I do not want to face ROoney, owen, and crouch in the world cup

197. ThaDeuce says:

however, i bet they don’t want to face dempsey, davies, and donovan in the world cup either.

198. ThaDeuce says:

199. Alex says:

Edu’s goal for Rangers for those who missed it

link to footytube.com

200. Jose S. says:

No Adu or Johnson today for Aris.

Aris up a man since the 15th minute, had to make two injury subs and where in cruise control the whole game.

201. ThaDeuce says:

Rooney just looked like Ronaldo (either one) schooling 3 defenders at once in the corner. Jerk!

202. ThaDeuce says:

Valencia with a long hard run half the field with the ball… Has terrible angle, and an open man in front of goal, selfishly takes the shot…bad decision, but good for Villa.

203. Not Ives says:

Pearce does provide more going forward then Bornstein but will BB give him a shot? And can Pearce replicate his production from the el salvador game? If Pearce and Bornstein are in form and Boca can provide some depth and options then LB seems fairly set. Seems BB gives Bornstein minutes no matter what so I expect him to start although pearce is an interesting option.

204. THaDeuce says:

game over, rooney’s header wins it. Owen already showered and in a suit, looks pissed… he is injured and rooney steals the limelight.

Great morning of football today.

205. ThaDeuce says:

he ended up having a few spectacular saves… nothing he could do on the two goals though. I cannot imagine Guzan doing anything better than Friedel today.

206. Rory says:

Yeah, I am sure they are shaking in their boots.

Arrogant much?

207. Braden? says:

Who the F is this braden?

That’s me!? I didn’t post this.

208. OmarVizquel says:

Is there a clip of the Donovan moment?

209. OmarVizquel says:

Owen looked like an accountant.

210. ThaDeuce says:

I happen to think we have some good players. Lacking confidence much?

211. wayne says:

yea i havent seen clips of donovans misses, can someone post them?

212. aristotle says:

Is there anyone out there who really knows Donovan that didn’t think today’s embarrassment was coming?

For those who seemed so shocked and called Donovan’s miss the miss of his career, like he’s never done this before, you are either deluding yourselves or you don’t really know Donovan very well. He has missed some unbelievably easy chances. One or two of which were literally astonishing. I remember one that was so bad that if he had been a defender it would have been very hard to keep the ball out of the net, but he managed it as a striker trying to put it in.

This will end the love affair with the fans and Donovan won’t be returning to Everton. Yes, it’s only one chance, but Donovan will inevitably do it again and you can’t do that at this level. This is what I was trying to explain when everyone attacked me for saying Donovan’s lapses would prevent him from being in the Premier League, at least as a starter. Yes, everyone misses easy chances once in a while, but not multiple times like this, at this level of play. This is like the situation with Tim Howard. Man Utd. got rid of him and some Everton fans think he’s a liability not because he isn’t good, but because he has too many lapses and you don’t feel like you can ever really completely trust him to be consistent.

Now everyone can call me a hater again, even though I like Donovan and feel really bad for him.

213. ThaDeuce says:

a sad one.

214. Joamiq says:

We do have some good players. But I don’t think England is very nervous about facing them.

215. Rory says:

Some of the best players in the world vs MLS players really? Who is going to play up top? Ching? Casey? Findley? I know those 3 are world class and better than Ferdinand and Terry. Bradley and Edu vs Lampard and Gerrard? obviously we have the upper hand. How did that last meeting with England go? I mean we are sooo much better than them, we beat them by what 6-7?

I’ll be surprised to see Davies starting against England in June. We may have decent players, but they have world class players. Do not disrespect them.

216. Joamiq says:

The photo of the headbutt accompanying this article is just… amazing:
    link to soccernet.espn.go.com

217. ThaDeuce says:

Dude, he has the FLU.

….

He missed a couple of easy shots…so what?

Every week a defender in the EPL scores an own goal…sometimes twice in the same game!!!
    …we usually see that defender the next week.

Donovan wasn’t as bad as that!

Everyone on that team, the announcers, and Moyes know that Donovan is better than the guy who started in his place, the announcers even said so. If he hadn’t made the run, there would have been no chance…He still is one of their better players, and a star player, who has the flu, and missed some chances……They still respect donovan.

The only reason Moyes would not buy him is because he is too expensive.

I didn’t call you any names, but you are wrong.

The flu dude, the flu.

Also, Tim Howard, one of the most consistent keepers in the world….

His players and coaches trust him completely.

I think you will be eating these words this week and the next when he continues to start….

Respectfully disagreeing,

218. Isaac says:

I think you underestimate some of the fans. These are English fans who have been in love with the game longer than we have and they’re smart enough to know that this sort of thing happens.

Besides, Landon had the flu today, it’s not like he was 100%. Why do you think he came off the bench in the first place? I’m not going to call you a hater, but I don’t think you’ve taken everything into consideration.

219. Isaac says:

It makes Brown look like he’s crying into Lafferty’s shirt…

220. ThaDeuce says:

The three players I named currently play in Europe, 2 in the EPL.

We all saw Donovan school the renowned Ashley Cole… SO yes, I do not think it is a far stretch to say that the C-Team England defensive line is not exactly looking forward to matching up with that.

As far as up top, we have a few options: Ching, Donovan, Deuce, Altidore, Davies. Obviously you are a Ching hater, but he produces all the time in assists and penalties.

By the way, Ferdinand is also out.

The last time we played them we lost 2-0 (WHAT!!! NOT BY 6,7,OR 8!!!). It wasn’t all that bad considering Donovan was injured that game and they brought their A Team. Lets look at some of our players that game: Hejduk, Eddie Lewis, Eddie Johnson, Josh Wolfe, Freddy Adu, Nate Jaqua (who the hell is this guy?), and Brad Guzan… Not exactly what our A Team looks like now is it??? Only losing by 2 against Rooney , Lampard and Gerrard no doubt.

I for one am cheering for Davies. Please do not disrespect his work ethic and desire to play in the World Cup.

Look, Deuce is no Rooney, but Deuce still has the ability to make Terry look silly. I do not know why you do not believe in the USMNT, but you have the right to cheer for England if you want to. I believe, and it is reasonable as well.

THE YANKS ARE COMING

221. ThaDeuce says:

Wow, I guess there was a foul.

222. Rory says:

I bet you also think that MLS teams are as good as half the EPL as well.

223. Nick says:

Criticizing Donovan’s bad miss and saying he isn’t EPL quality is the same as saying Donovan is Everton’s best player after a hitting a corner that Saha slots home…both are crazy statements and yet I find a lot of them on this site in both directions.

Donovan has proved that he can compete in the EPL and that he can be a nice role player on a team like Everton…that’s it really. He has nice pace and above average technical skill but still lacks a killer instinct (which if he does stick around the EPL would slowly eat away at his initial high fan support in England). Plus take this into consideration…what if Donovan played exactly as he his now but Everton continued their poor form that they had seen early on. Do you still think the Everton fans would be singing his praises? I’m not so sure.

224. ThaDeuce says:

Actually, I do not. I bet you think everyone but you is a casual observer on this site.

225. Tony in Quakeland says:

Every player runs through cold streaks with their shooting. It is only a problem if it begins to drain confidence from the rest of thier game. Anyone either making excuses for the misses or making too much of them is pressing an agenda.

One thought: coming in as a sub is an unsual expereince for Donovan. Finding the game coming in late is a different matter than being in from the start.

226. Nick says:

Yea the excuses for Donovan’s miss are really a stretch…”the ball was coming in fast” “he has the flu” etc….if Donovan wasn’t fit why on earth would he play Donovan? Bilyaletdinov was on the bench and he’s a fine player why not bring him in? The excuses just scream a bias and really delegitimize your opinion. Same for folks on the other side of the bias…

227. ThaDeuce says:

for your first point as an example: bobby zamora last year. Never found his goal scoring ways… Coach stood by his side, he kept his head up, this year he is thriving. By the way, I think Donovan is better than Bobby Zamora, I top scorer for a top ten EPL team.

228. aristotle says:

Thanks for respectfully disagreeing. It makes a nice change! However, this is just the kind of response I was expecting. Donovan has the flu every time he has a lapse? He disappears from games and misses ridiculously easy chances because he has the flu? I don’t think so, but I hope I am wrong about Donovan.

You also lost a little credibility with your Howard comments. Saying Howard is one of the most consistent goalkeepers in the world is pretty silly. He can’t even come out of his goal to catch a cross without being hesitant or some kind of misadventure. You CANNOT call a goalkeeper like that “one of the most consistent keepers in the world….”. He is a great goalkeeper though. But his inconsistency is exactly what puts him on a level lower than our previous great goalkeepers, Keller and Friedel.

229. Rory says:

I think you should rename your handle to ThaDouche.

230. aristotle says:

I think it’s you who haven’t taken everything into consideration. So many people respond like you do. Even when it’s made clear in the post that it’s not just about this one instance, but an entire career, people still respond with “it’s the flu” or “I don’t think you’ve taken everything into consideration.”

231. aristotle says:

Yes, that’s it! It was coming in as a substitute that was the problem. No, wait! I thought it was the flu?

232. aristotle says:

Look at me! I’m mister in the middle! I won’t commit either way.

233. aristotle says:

Donovan has a LOT of cold streaks. That is why, with the exception of one year, he has never even come close to leading lowly MLS in scoring. Please don’t tell me it’s because of his many commitments. Other national team players had commitments and still managed to lead the league in scoring. Besides, what do commitments have to do with all of the games where he just disappears?

234. Donovan 10 says:

it’s just one miss. Pienaar and Rodwell missed clear chances too. Donovan missed an open goal against united last week, but it didn’t matter because everton got too other goals. Everyone misses chances, but not eveyone gets in position to miss. Donovan’s hard running put him in position to take the chance, but he hit it wide. Let’s not get carried away. Donovan is still the best player this country has ever produced.

Worst miss of his career was the one on one against Kahn in WC02.

235. Lil' Zeke says:

I think flu was more of an explanation when he was outpaced on the Mexico winner. I’m just so disappointed that Landon’s not the Jordan or the Kirk Gibson who cans those opportunities when they’re served-up to him, even if he’s under the weather. I’m disappointed because he’s our best guy and I want him to be superman. But he’s so valuable and makes such a difference for Everton, they’re not going to drop him for being a mere human in this one respect.

236. ThaDeuce says:

I think this site would be a lot better without you on it.

237. Donovan 10 says:

Just looked at Rooney’s goal and I think Friedel was out of position off his line, full credit to Rooney though the world#1 player.

238. ThaDeuce says:

Hey! I appreciate your respectful tone as well! Rare, and actually quite nice.

2 small points.
    Do you think Howard is a better keeper than England’s?

I agree Donovan has the flu quite a bit… h1n1 of all things…but I do think that hinders his ability to play.

239. ThaDeuce says:

I think you made good points.

240. Rory says:

Ditto. One less arrogant American.

241. ThaDeuce says:

Donovan is 6th in all time leading goal scorers in the MLS, 5th in game winning goals, 2nd in multi goal games, 7th in hat tricks, 8th in shots on goal, 3rd in penalty kicks, He has had 17-23 goals every single year (consistent) and he has missed a few games to USMNT whether you like it or not. He is first in career play-offs goals, and i think he has been voted mls player of the year quite a few times as well as united states player of the year… The only cold streaks I remember are when he went to Germany, unless by cold streaks he had an unexceptional game, in which case you agree he is an exceptional player and you have high expectations for him.

242. Isaac says:

Great goalscorers miss and mess up all the time. It’s the way they make up for it and the way they respond that matters. Donovan and USA lost to Brazil after being up 2-0. Donovan responded with great form in MLS and Qualifying. Donovan misses the penalty against Real Salt Lake(badly may I add) and he responds with good form for Everton in the EPL. The way Donovan responds to himself and others has improved substantially. He was placed on the big stage during the World Cup in 2006 and was timid. He was placed on the big stage in the Confederations Cup and was confident. So let me ask you: How do you think he’ll respond to missing a couple chances in a substitute appearance? My opinion? He’ll come back better than before. I have no way of knowing that, but it would be uniform with how he’s done recently. You focus on his whole career, and that’s good, but you have to notice the changes in his game and attitude.

I agree, Donovan has had his fair share of dissappointments, but the fact that every time he shows even an inkling of poor form or a hits a speed bump people act like he’s on the fall is silly. A poor game or run of bad form isn’t expected because he’s Landon Donovan, a poor game is expected because he’s human. There is form, and there is growing. Landon Donovan has done his fair shair of growing in the past year, and good form has come with it.

243. yeyeye says:

does anyone have video of Edu’s goal that was disallowed?

244. ThaDeuce says:

THE YANKS ARE COMING!!!

245. Nick says:

I see all the discussion here is on LD and EDU, but did anyone see Holden play for Bolton yesterday.

Holden played a great game and was noticeably a step above many of the other players around him in both tactical and technical play.

The commentators on the game mentioned how comfortable Holden was on the ball, and how his precise passing gave the team a different element. Holden also was the go to person on delivering the ball on set pieces. All together, Holden was part of a strong spine for Bolton made up of their 2 center backs and 2 center midfielders.

Again, we have another player from MLS who slides into an EPL team and makes an impact. Now granted both LD and Holden are also on the men’s National Team, but I think this is a strong statement about the quality of the best players in MLS. And again how MLS is under rated.

246. ThaDeuce says:

For Holden commentary, check out yesterday’s running commentary.

247. Nick says:

I don’t know who the other Nick is but I think you are way too hard on Donovan for making one miss. EVERY players misses sometime occasionally and sometimes in streaks. That is the nature of the game.

Donovan is not an out and out striker but he typically is very good at putting them away. He has had a major impact with Everton and in the EPL and is clearly one of Everton’s better players.

248. Netted says:

About Landon’s miss today:

I think it underscores a greater concern — American players, by and large, lack a consistent finishing touch.

249. NK says:

So you think Howard and Donovan are not class, and I’ve seen you say before that Altidore and Dempsey suck. So according to you, the US has no good soccer players?

250. Dakota says:

For the Netherlands game

Howard

Spector Demerit Bocenegra Borenstein

Holden Edu Bradley Donovan

Torres

Altidore

I think Torres can play an attacking center mid, especially since Edu and Bradley are more of holding mid-fielders. Oh and switch Pierce and Bornestein second half. I would appreciate your thoughts. Even if you think it’s terrible.

251. ThaDeuce says:

Although that is a great line up, if BB were to use that against a superior team and we lose he and all his followers would say “we would have won with our empty bucket!” and that line up along with Torres would never be seen again.

252. kenny_b says:

Defoe = extremely frightening matchup for US defense.

England’s defense is now starting to look more like it’s Achilles heel. They’ve always been suspect at keeper.

253. Kingdom says:

Comments by Moyes on Donovan’s miss (skysports).

Loan striker Landon Donovan spurned a glorious opportunity unmarked the back post to equalise, although Moyes refused to criticise the American for his glaring miss – instead revealing his displeasure at another poor performance.

He said: “We didn’t turn up in the first half. You could maybe say the same thing about Tottenham in the second half. Landon is disappointed. It happens in football.”

254. Rocco says:

I can’t believe they posted it in the first place. It’s horrifying.

255. aristotle says:

Yes, I do think Howard is better than England’s goalkeeper. However, a lot of people in England would probably disagree with that assessment and say that Howard is not consistent enough to be the national goalkeeper.

Didn’t Donovan play really well and score a goal against Mexico the last time he had the flu, and that was the infamous H1N1?

256. aristotle says:

Isaac:

I don’t disagree with a lot of what you say, and I don’t think Donovan is on the decline now or any time he has a bad spell. Reading your post it seems you come very close to supporting what I am saying. He’s there one game, but not the next. He didn’t show up for the MLS Cup either, which was a huge disappointment. Even I thought he would not disappear in that game. My point is that I know every player has their ups and downs, and embarrassing misses, I just happen to think Donovan has more than is normal for a player of his level, and that it is the reason he is having such a hard time making it in Europe, even though I know there are other factors as well. I would love to see Donovan stick with Everton and do well. I just think that since Donovan is so special to us, we are more tolerant of his lapses and he keeps playing anyway. In Europe, in a top league, it’s unlikely that they will be that patient since they usually have someone waiting in the wings who will perform immediately. That’s why I think unless Donovan improves in this area he will be on the bench a lot. Some people have said Moyes will not hold it against him, but there is no doubt Alex Ferguson held Tim Howard accountable for less, and that Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Munich did also for Donovan.

257. CA says:

No excuses for LD’s missed shot. He should have had it. He’s still a fine footballer, and belongs in the EPL. Quit arguing everyone..

258. madmax says:

It was a classic MLS miss, combing a lack of passion with poor technique.

259. aristotle says:

Yes, I do agree Donovan is an exceptional player, so I do have high expectations for him, and it is from that perspective that I speak. If you are not aware of Donovan’s cold streaks in MLS I can only guess you are not watching him with the Galaxy often enough. Nearly everything you said is true but it’s judging him compared with MLS competition and standards which are obviously not on the same level as the Bundesliga or EPL. I’m not so sure Donovan can be an exceptional player in an exceptional league. He may only be exceptional to us.

260. madmax says:

According to ESPN, EJ, Adu, and Beas, did not play again.

261. aristotle says:

That’s pretty good NK. Five lies in one brief paragraph.

So, in your world, anyone who finds ANY fault with a player believes they are not class, and any criticism of any US National team players means the US has no good soccer players?

Actually, I think it’s you that has no class, and save your straw man arguments for politics, please.

262. aristotle says:

That’s good to hear. I forgot Holden was supposed to play for Bolton this week.

263. aristotle says:

Oh yeah?

264. aristotle says:

I thought we were merely discussing the matter. I, for one, will not take part in any arguments!:)

265. He is my idol . I love him!

266. He is my idol. I really love him !

267. THaDeuce says:

I did not write this

268. ThaDeuce says:

Aristotle, I believe this is our case and point. These are my closing arguments.

269. NK says:

Yes, as I was just asking you to explain your position, that’s really not classy, whereas you attack me personally, saying I have “no class”. How is it a lie to say that you respect Tim Howard when you say “you don’t feel like you can ever really completely trust him to be consistent”. I remember you saying the same BS about Dempsey and Altidore in earlier posts. Look, I understand the trying to be realistic thing, but people don’t come here to have players that they really respect attacked. Yes, I know that you do say some fairly nice things about Donovan later on, but as you say “he’s human”.

Please stop the personal attacks, I didn’t say anything that was impolite. Not all lawyers are liars, you know.

270. ThaDeuce says:

or this

271. aristotle says:

I didn’t launch any personal attacks. You just basically made stuff up and attributed it to me. To say that you are not a classy person to do that is not a personal attack. It’s just true.

Saying everyone here only wants to hear positive things about the players they like is absurd. That’s obviously you. Don’t speak for everyone else. I happen to like all of the players you mentioned that I supposedly said sucked. Even if I do think some might be overrated. Oh, no! There I go with my hate again!

272. Koozies says:

He , i admire him a lot! he is so great !

273. Can coolers says:

He seems a cute boy not get older ! I love him!