Davies making a miraculous recovery

Charlie Davies 2 (ISIphotos.com)

Photo by ISIphotos.com

As you may know by now, I had the opportunity to interview U.S. national team striker Charlie Davies last Friday in his first detailed interview since the car accident that nearly took his life. What I found was a player in the midst of an amazing recovery, a Charlie Davies who looked much more like the Davies we knew before last October's deadly car cash than the Davies we saw look so swollen and unfamiliar in the interview he did with ESPN in late November.

Here is my ESPN.com story detailing his comeback as well as what he has gone through to come so far, so fast. If you are a U.S. national team fan, it is a must-read and is likely to leave you feeling much more confident about his chances of taking the field in South Africa this summer.

I am currently writing a post for SBI that will provide even more insight into his recovery, as well as details about his ordeal and the time since the accident that I wasn't able to work into the ESPN.com story. Look out for that later this afternoon.

For now, give the ESPN.com story a read and feel free to share your thoughts on it in the comments section below.

This entry was posted in U.S. Men's National Team. Bookmark the permalink.

138 Responses to Davies making a miraculous recovery

1. mike p says:

Really enjoyed the Article. Hopefully Charlie will not hit any major bumps on the road to recovery and we will have a full strength line-up (in form)in SA.

2. b-hags says:

great work Ives – we all appreciate the update!

3. TomM says:

Thanks for a great article Ives. CD’s attitude and confidence amazes me- we’re a much better team with him on the field.

4. grubbsbl says:

Thanks Ives, great work. Would it be to much to ask of you for you to give us a quick update on when you think Onyewu will be back too?

Also, it sounds that Davies has got a great attitude. Can’t wait to see him scoring against England in June…..

(SBI-I’ll write up an Onyewu update today as well. Right now he sounds like he plans on returning to Milan in the next three weeks to train.)

5. Jorge says:

The only thing I can say is unbelievable…

6. Indigo Montoya says:

CD: Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well!!

Thanks for the update, Ives.

7. CHARRRLIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! That’s it. #9 CD jersey it is when the new kits come out.

8. ZacIndy says:

Great article Ives. Does this qualify as the “American Thing” Sir Alex speaks of? What a testament to mind over matter. If you don’t mind the pain then it doesn’t matter.

9. dbex says:

Un-f’ing-believable. Keep it up Charlie!

10. RLW2020 says:

“Once I’m on the field, I feel bad for defenders who are going to have to defend me.”– Charlie Davies

that pumped me up more than anything i have read in a long time! 137 days till England!!!

11. Cairo says:

What gets me excited is just the level of determination. He was our best striker during qualifying because he just seemed hungrier than everybody else. And if he’s even hungrier now, he’s going to lead this team in the WC…even if he’s lost a step. Let’s hope he can light a similar fire under Jozy. Those two working hard would be a 500% improvement on the Cunningham, Findlay, Casey combo the other night (still like Findlay, but…)

12. MikeD says:

Wow, I got a tear in my eye reading that. Just the fact that he’s gotten this far is an inspiration, I have no doubt that he’ll do everything to be on the field on June 12th.

Thanks Ives.

13. Charles says:

“However, his ability to heal quickly”

and “the greatest comeback in the history of sports”

That is not something that should be said in the days of rampant HGH use. People forgive, even worship, you for getting into a car with a drunk driver.

Not so much if your doctor gets caught crossing the border with HGH drugs and you are his patient.

They will drop you like a wet rag. CD who ?

Get well and Good luck CD. Hope to watch you in June.

14. japan says:

I don’t remember the exact details but a Liverpool academy player was in a fatal accident sometime in April of 2008 killing 2 of his friends, another with a brain damage, another wiht a minor injury, and him shattering his knees, ankles and had to get his kidney removed. He is now 19 yrs old and he finally played his first competitive game with the academy 2 Sundays ago.

What Davies is achieving is absolutely remarkable.

15. gas huffer says:

Keep it up, Charlie! Thanx for the great news , Ives.

16. Joamiq says:

Wow. I am pumped. I didn’t even let myself dream that this was possible.

17. Mig22 says:

Good scoop there, getting the interview with him.

Who knows whether he’ll be the same player but it’s good he’s in one piece. Even really, really bad decisions shouldn’t have to be fatal.

18. Andrew says:

Wow. Encouraging.

19. green says:

Care to elaborate? Not sure what your point is here.

20. Erik says:

It’s a great article and great news. I would just say to Charlie to take it easy and make sure you do things right so not to have a setback.

21. awesome work ives. this news is unbelievable, couldn’t imagine a week ago that charlie,demps and gooch could all be in the xi june 12…….updates on jones next?

22. Yinka Double Dare says:

CD, the reason people have all been saying we need a replacement for you is that mere mortals wouldn’t have had a chance in hell of being back for the World Cup. We apparently forgot you are not a mere mortal, but a goal machine.

23. green says:

Great news! Stay positive CD, still a long way to go.

24. JGIB says:

Wow this is the biggest Jack @$$ comment ever

25. MikeyG says:

I’m buying a Davies jersey once the new strip comes out.

26. daariwal says:

Wish him a speedy recovery… USMNT really needs Charlie Davies in 2010

27. bee vee says:

This is great news about Charlie! Ives do you have any information on Ownby’s sports hernia injury??? I was wondering how that recovery is coming.

28. Isaac says:

Incredible. The thing about Charlie is that he’ll never settle for what he has. He’s appreciative of what he has, and this accident can only had to that, but he always pushes himself, and others to get more. I know someone is going to laugh at me, but he, like he said, has the potential to be one of the world’s best forwards.

29. John1 says:

Terrific news!!!

30. Army of Dad says:

Way to go Charlie! You could see the hunger and desire in the way he played. Now those same qualities appear to be serving him well during the recovery and rehab. Simply amazing.

31. OmarVizquel says:

Do it, Charlie. We need you man.

32. Utrules07 says:

Wow this is absolutely amazing! Cannot wait til the new jersey’s come out so I can get that #9!!!

33. UC Irvine Anteater says:

I would have never expected this. I just hope Davies is in form in time for the WC. From what I’ve read Onyweu and Dempsey are progressing. Any updates on Jermaine Jones?

34. This Guy says:

Can’t wait to see the next “Stanky Leg”

35. Fred says:

Great article Ives. Thanks for your work!

36. kpugs says:

Great piece Ives. I cringed a little bit at the whole face-peeling part, I must admit it.

37. Wispy says:

I knew it. I KNEW IT! There was no way Charlie would settle for a year-long recovery if he could help it. I’m so happy for him and I hope he can continue on this road. And now I’m tearing up at the office, Ives, thanks a lot.

38. MVK says:

great write up on ESPN Ives, great to read

Why isnt it front page? half the headlines are completely stupid like who Eli is going to root for and ice skaters parents

39. Spectra says:

I haven’t bought a new jersey in a while but I’ll definitely buy Charlie’s new one

40. Spectra says:

137 really? That makes me even more optimistic considering its been like 90 days since the accident

41. Eric Lowe says:

Wow! Davies is an impressive character. Thanks for the great article Ives.

42. baldguy says:

Great work Ives. You did a great job getting Charlie’s mentality in the article. There are so many stories about the fortunate and unfortunate, but you never can fully appreciate the emotion without experiencing it yourself. Optimism and appreciation can lead to wonderful things. I hope he uses what he’s learned off the field to make the world a better place – right after he drops some bizzies in South Africa! Let’s go Chuck D.

43. Aaron in StL says:

Charlie Davies must be Chuck Norris reincarnated. Great to hear, and amazing that he’s able to do what he’s doing.

At this rate I’d say CD9 has just as good of a chance to be in the XI as Jozy does…that’s as much of a testament to CD9’s incredible comeback as Jozy’s dire situation/form at Hull.

44. Fred says:

Agreed.

45. kyle says:

great work Ives, it is totally more than we could have reasonably hoped for

46. Mike says:

I can’t believe it took so many posts before someone mentioned this. Great piece, but wow….that visual is a bit nauseating.

47. Spectra says:

(sarcasm) yup that was my first thought too. Who cares about sheer determination and his life changing event.

You’re an idiot. This guy seems to have found himself. Not just as a soccer player but as a human being. And yes I love these stories. Someone makes a horrible mistake, learns greatly from it, and becomes a much better person.

Don’t you think this guy will always remember this mistake every time he showers and sees 12 huge scars all over his body or even thinks of his lost friend.

48. grubbsbl says:

Thanks a whole bunch Ives.

49. Justice from the Big D says:

I was diagnosed with leukemia when I was 15 years old. I went through 3 months of extensive chemo therapy and came back the following Sprin and just missed qualifying for the Texas State High School Track and Field Championships- jumping a full foot better than I was the previous year. There were other factors at work, but a big part of it was mental toughness. I remember telling myself that nothing was going to keep me off the Track and that I was going to be a better person for it. The human body when given a chance and the right surroundings is amazingly resilient. Charlie, your progress is an amazing testament to not only your physical and athletic gifts but to your personal spirit.

In short- keep up the hard work. We’re all behind you.

COME ON YOU YANKS!!!!!!

50. Justice from the Big D says:

and thanks Ives for the amazing story. I fist pumped in front of my CEO after reading it to myself! awesome sccop.

51. Joey says:

Pretty remarkable story. Thanks for the article, Ives. Keep it up, Charlie, we’re thinking of you.

52. obxfly says:

Way to go Charlie! We’re pulling for you 100%!

Thanks Ives! Keep the good news coming!

53. munkyman says:

Ives, did you get goosebumps while interviewing him and watching him train? What were you thinking after you saw him and interviewed him? Were you as dumbfounded and amazed as everyone reading this article? I’m curious to know more from your perspective. Thanks.

54. SwerveZ says:

AWESOME!!! I agree Ives, you did bang up work on this one, truly great! Davies, you are my hero and many others on here, keep it up. Gooch, awesome job mentoring CD#9 right now, that’s serious quality my man.

PS, we have new jerseys coming out????!!!!!! Link????

55. munkyman says:

Ives, I forgot to mention – this was a phenomenal article. Thank you for your work in bringing this story to light.

56. brian says:

any chance that you asked him about the tribute durring the costa rica game durring the 9th min

57. atlantajoe says:

Ives thanks for raising everyone’s expectations! You left poor Charlie no room for setbacks with that article. The guy still needs to have 1) surgery 2) recovery from surgery 3) run at full-speed 4) scrimmage with teammates 5) get some actual playing time and here you are penciling him in for an April return to Sochaux. We’ve been waiting for Jermaine Jones for what, 12 motnhs now?

Let this guy rest and recover in peace. Even if he finds his way on the field with Sochaux, he is not automatically the best option for us- he needs to play well, not just play….

let’s temper down these expectations

58. Mike says:

Yes! I love his confident demeanor. Other than Dempsey and maybe Donovan we just don’t have that.

We need more guys like Davies that will take on any defender anywhere without the slightest hesitation.

If he’s recovers fully (hopefully more of a when than an if) he’s got the potential to become the first America field player consistently playing for one of Europe’s massive clubs.

59. Brian says:

Well done Ives.

60. Eric says:

Great article, Ives. Congrats to Charlie on his amazing progress. This is awesome news for all US Soccer fans!!

61. jordan says:

Yeah, same thing with the face-peeling bit. That was a pretty crazy piece of info, which makes it even more amazing how well he is doing physically and so it seem mentally.

62. GMD says:

Ives,

You should be proud of your work here. Thanks.

63. Kevin_amold says:

Nice scoop Ives. I picture Charlie on the treadmill looking at a screen with his Mexico goal playing over and over. I’m kind of glad there’s no video because it’s almost certainly better in my mind.

Good for Charlie. Hopefully bad for England….

64. munkyman says:

Agreed. I had to read it twice to make sure I didn’t misread it the first time. There are things CD likely went through that we will never know about. The mental toll is something none of us can imagine. I hope and wish him the best.

65. patrick says:

fantastic article. It sounds like this kid is a real freak, in terms of rehabbing. SOunds like he’s got a chip on his shoudlers, and if it’ll help him get to SA, I’m all for it. First step though, is getting him back in rotation for Sochaux. At this point, if he doesnt have setbacks, i think he’s our super sub for the 70th minute or so.

66. Mason says:

Chuck Norris doesn’t have to die to be reincarnated.

67. Tim says:

When they pulled back his face, did the doctors do any type of check to make sure CD is a human and not some sort of android sent from the future to save US soccer?

I wouldn’t mind if he was, I just think we need to know …

68. Kosh says:

Charlie, your’s is a truely inspirational story. You have been in our thoughts and prayers all along and we are all thankful and lucky – that you are still with us and that you have a Lion’s heart and determination. Keep it up. We love you, man. CD9!!!

Excellent work, Ives. I cannot frame the right words that will help describe how much you have made my day. Thank you.

69. brad says:

fantastic quotes — excellent work Ives!

70. patrick says:

i don’t care whether he’s using HGH, heroin, crack, or horse placenta, as long as he’s on the team for SA2010. HGH use is perfectly fine to use when recovering from severe injuries just like this, THATS WHY IT’S PRODUCED. Also, I dont see the head trainer of the US team feeding him HGH to recover. This isn’t china or the soviet union.

71. ThaDeuce says:

-IVES, how is Jozy dealing with the disaster? Has all the members of his family been found?

72. ThaDeuce says:

ON another note, the ESPN article on Charlie, best soccer article ever read

73. bryan says:

best thing i have read in a LONG time.

74. Derek says:

Is this a joke? I can’t believe this?

WC10 is looking a little brighter today.

75. Rocco says:

Holy!!!! Wow! What a great article. Three cheers for Super Chuck.

76. petaluman says:

Charlie – If you are reading this all I gotta say is welcome back, keep working hard, and see you at the world cup. Rock on!

77. GJJ says:

Up the Yanks!!!!!! I came to this country when I was a kid and one thing that I noticed about Americans is that they don’t buy all that destiny stuff. Life knocks you on your can and you get up, nothing is predestined. Hard work can often overcome talent and pedigree, and you can’t win unless you try. I will be wearing my Davies jersey when the new shirts come out. As a previous poster stated “COME ON YOU YANKS!!!!!!”

78. DoubleD says:

It is a grreat story, and gives us a little hope that he’ll be on the plane to SA, but speed was one of Charlie’s great assets and getting back to that speed is going to be a challenge, I hope he gets there!!

79. JustinV says:

Truly amazing. If he completes this comeback his new nickname should be WOLVERINE. Incredible. Keep fighting Charlie!

80. baquito alyeska says:

Yeah, I’m not even convinced I’m offended because of its incoherence. It reads like a Public Service Announcement that can’t decide if it’s about drinking, steroid-use or contraband-smuggling.

81. Felix says:

I still can’t believe it. I’m afraid he’ll pull a Jermaine Jones and regress from pushing too hard – but wow, this kid is amazing.

Whenever he puts on that US shirt again for the USA, I can’t wait to see him play.

82. Rocco says:

Woah there downer…

83. baquito alyeska says:

Y’all think Charlie would mind if I ordered a #9 jersey but customized it with ‘Horse Placenta’ instead of ‘Davies’?

84. Kosh says:

I think we are all aware of the risk of setbacks and we could sit and stew and dwell on the negative. I guess that’s one of the many ways to live a life. I’m just glad Davies chooses the alternative.

I am no Doctor or anything of the sort. But I have to admit that this article is very inspiring. I pray that the kid does not suffer any setbacks. But it cannot go unsaid that his phsyical and mental strength and positive attitude has done him wonders so far. So why can’t these admirable attributes help him through these next stages of his way back? If your call is for us to be grounded in our expectations, you may have a point. We just can’t expect the guy to be getting stuck in next month. But you have to admit that the kid’s got a lot of heart, and that goes a long way. Where’s the harm in sharing that in an article?

85. Fantastic. Great ESPN article, Ives.

Sounds like Charlie has his mind in the right place, and his body is following.

I don’t understand it, but it seems sometimes US athletes need near fatal tragedy to reach their full potential in some sports. There is precedence for greatness after recovery. Maybe it is that appreciation Charlie speaks of.

Will CD be our Lance for soccer?

I hope he is studying futbol while he recovers, it sounds like he is in the right place to take it to another level.

86. Josh D says:

Keep going Charlie! You’ll get there soon enough!!

87. WOW! Great news… I love this news – ChuckD is a warrior. I hope Charlie can get 6-8 good outings with Sochaux and maybe a USA friendly….

Thanks Ives – by the way…. what’s the outlook on Onyeywu’s return to AC Milan and the NATS for a friendly?

88. Matt G., Indianapolis says:

Love it.

89. Katatonia says:

DONT TREAD ON THIS MOTHA FUCKAS!!!!1

CAPSLOCK WHOOOOOOAAAA

90. BetaMale says:

I remember two nights before his accident I was watching the US/Honduras game with Charlie’s dad and brothers in a San Diego bar. The next game, we all signed a shirt with well wishes to be sent to charlie and some guy who handed me the shirt wrote:

“See you in 2014″ which upset me that someone would write that on a shirt supposedly for encouraging someone’s whose dream was to play in June of 2010. Needless to say I crossed out that guy’s 2014 and replaced it with 2010.

What a dumbass

91. Joamiq says:

Yeah, I don’t even want to think about that… ugh

92. ZacIndy says:

he even lost his virginity before his dad.

93. Roger says:

This is terrific, both the news and the reporting, but I’m afraid I couldn’t read past the words “peeled his face off down to his chin.” That image really creeped me out.

94. A.J. says:

I’m glad charlie is recovering well he makes things more interesting when h’s on the field. Hope you can return to seeing the same Chuck Deezy we are use to seeing!

95. Mingjai says:

Inspiring story. It appears that the USMNT now has found a successor to the hard work and toughness of Brian McBride.

For those of you concerned about the the face thing, think of it this way–at least they didn’t give Charlie John Travolta’s or Nicholas Cage’s face! Though it would be a surreal image to see John Travolta doing the stanky leg after torching the English defense.

But in all seriousness, get well CD (both of you) and carry on Ives.

96. Charles says:

Wow. Nice people here.

All I am saying is that don’t follow up a very dumb mistake with another very dumb mistake.

Getting caught using illegal drugs will have the majority of the 5 people flaming me and the many others from worship to hate, MLB home run hitter style.

I am not saying he did anything, how would I know ? But these days people are going to get mighty suspecious when you have the greatest recovery of all time in an era where MANY, MANY are using HGH.

I suppose the people that are flaming me think that Beckham’s “Milan lab” to keep him playing until 40, is ODing on Vitamin C or something.

(I just played basketball for the first time in four years because of health issues. I am all for his comeback and said so in my previous post)

97. Ben says:

Thanks for the update!!! This is awesome!!! Can’t wait to see Chuck D flying down the pitch once more!!!!

98. Zack G. says:

This is why you run the best soccer blog in America. Fantastic article and kudos to you for getting such an in-depth and valuable story. Thank you, thank you a million times.

You are an elite sports journalist in every sense — it transcends soccer. People might find it hyperbolic in America since on the home shores our footie writing is made up of a somewhat marginalized minority of sports writers compared to other sports journalists. However, that benefits you in that you have incredibly close access to the players and their stories. Most people squander that, but you don’t. Fantastic reporting and a true treat.

THANK YOU. GO YANKS AND VIVA CHARLIE!

99. cfig says:

SO pumped after reading that, thanks Ives. We’re all pulling for you Charlie, get all the way back and do us proud this summer!

100. Brooklyn Dave says:

First off, great scoop Ives, you are far and away the best soccer journalist in the US. Props.

Second, thanks for giving the SBI Mafia an early tip a couple of days ago. You left us anxious with anticipation, but we knew we’d get a treat on Monday, and the payoff was fantatistic.

Third, still a long way to go for Davies, but man oh man would this be the greatest sports injury comeback since…. since…. Tommy John?!? Can’t think of any near-miracles like this!

Fourth, I wonder what the Sochaux boards are saying … anybody fluent in French?

Fifth, I’ll never be able to look at Charlie again without thinking of his face peel.

Can’t wait to see CD back in the USMNT uni, what a day that’ll be.

101. Katatonia says:

hey i was at obriens too!

102. green says:

So. . .
    “Care to elaborate? Not sure what your point is here.”
    . . .is flaming? Wow.
    I’ll ask again, what is your point?

103. wtfbbq says:

lol horse placenta ftw

secret weapon

104. Brian says:

I want to shake you hand, sir. Good move there. Good move.

105. wilyboy says:

WOLVERINE LIVES!!!! (thank God). KNOCK ON WOOD.

106. Jorge says:

I read that too, Roger. It is one creepy mental picture.

107. Brian says:

Anyone else read that face peeling part and think of a certain Nic Cage and John Travolta movie called Face-Off?

108. Jorge says:

I can only imagine how happy his teammates and French supporters will be.

109. E. says:

Good for him. People make mistakes, hoping he makes out of this second chance.

110. green says:

I mean, I know it’s tough to get across a complete thought sometimes on the interwebs, especially with quick comments. But you really came out of left field with your statement. Is there anything remotely close to knowing that CD is using HGH? If not, your statement is truly misplaced here and folks won’t appreciate it one bit, thus flamage.

111. A.S. says:

Wow. Just… wow.

This is really the first day of hope I’ve had for the USMNT since the day after we qualified. Ever since then, it’s been one piece of bad news after another. Even the day of the draw wasn’t so much hope as relief we didn’t screwed again.

112. Edwin says:

hey does any one know if that November interview that Ives did for ESPN was an article he reported or if he did some sort of on screen interview?

I’d love to read it or see it if someone can direct me in the right link?

Or if you know if it was a story of Ives that I can find on his ESPN or SBI archives?

(SBI-Davies did a TV interview with ESPN in late November. It aired during the World Cup draw.)

Preciate it thanks!

113. Jorge says:

It was on video.

114. DYCSoccer17 says:

Thanks for the concise, well-written article. It’s great to have such a fine journalist for the Yanks. Hopefully, we can get some insight on Gooch’s progress, too.

115. Will says:

This was not his first interview Ives, so don’t flatter yourself. Jeremy Schapp on ESPN?

(SBI-Did you even read the post? It was the first “detailed interview.” The ESPN TV piece, at least what wound up airing, wasn’t exactly in-depth or lengthy.)

116. Triple D says:

Davies was fast and it really helped him but EJ and Findley are probably just as fast.

What set Charlie apart was his never say die attitude,his determination and his intelligence. If his speed isn’t what it was he will find a way.

We’ll see how this goes but if he makes it back I would defy anyone to tell me that this would not light a big time bonfire under the team.

117. Charles says:

I guess that I said 5 people flamed me, you didn’t, I apologize.

It was funny though, when I posted my last post there were 100 comments. Most of them talking about how super human, andoid like, etc he was.

One, me, talking about how I hope he is not doing another stupid thing…or if he is he doesn’t get caught.

Ask Barry Bonds how super human people think he is now. People went from worship to hate, very quickly.

IF he brings down the USMNT all of these people ripping on me will HATE him.

Sorry if you don’t appreciate it, maybe I am too cynical, but if you don’t think there is that chance that the recovery isn’t superhuman ( non of us know ), I think you are being too niave.

118. tbeck says:

unleash the FURY!

119. Jorge says:

Quality not good but here is the video:

link to youtube.com

120. cpd says:

Jeremy Schapp sucks balls.

121. SD says:

thanks ives, great story…i am absolutely floored that CD9 should be back for the WC…..

122. pino says:

too bad, you missed a pretty good article. Its either that or giant scars all over his face. which would you prefer?

123. SD says:

i looked on the site…no mention of davies recovery (it has been mentioned in past asticles) but just today they signed a 21 year old nigerian striker who had been playing in switzerland for a few years…let’s hope this guy is not the solution so that CD9 can step in and take over….

124. Brooklyn Dave says:

Did you not notice that Ives MENTIONED the ESPN article in the very same paragraph you are referencing? It was the very next sentence. Nice catch though, very snarky and impressive.

125. Flimflamman says:

FIrst to all of the regulars at SBI, its a very fun and informative site so the best to all the posters who help it to be so.

Just call Charlie – ” Wolverine ” his recuperative powers are truely mutant like.

I see people at rehabs and nursing homes who never recover from injuries they face he is an inspiration.

126. I wrote here on a SBI thread a few days after Gooch’s injury and before the WC draw that I had a premonition that Gooch would heave a long throw in to Charlie who then turned the Algerian goalkeeper and scored the game winer that advanced the USA to the 2nd round. The Algeria part has already come true. Now all we need is for Gooch and DC9 to complete their respective comebacks! Thanks for the awesome story on Charlie, Ives and Charlie keep fighting the good fight! Allez Charlie!

127. Jdavids says:

Great work, Ives.

128. DC Josh says:

Prayer and hope are very powerful things. Never doubted I’d see him in South Africa. Thank God, hopefully the rest of his rehab goes well.

129. Natsalways says:

Ives,

Long time lurker first time poster. I just wanted to say that this is one of the better interview pieces I have ever read. Not because of the welcome news (but amen!) but because you touched on all parts of the story. Thanks for a great read.

Natsalways

130. Natsalways says:

Ditto.

131. Maybe there is a creative movie person that can swap Lee Majors face with Charlie Davies here. link to youtube.com

For those of you young ones…the 6 million dollar man was a 70s TV show that was cool.

132. green says:

Barry Bonds?
    Naive?
    *shakes head*
    Sorry I asked. You clearly haven’t got a clue have you mate?

133. Never First says:

I’m going to defend Charles here. If Davies was a baseball player, everyone would be saying he’s using steroids. That being said, I don’t think he is. The US team doctors would not risk it, and they apparently have him under close supervision.

134. Dan M says:

Go Charlie! You are the only good thing to ever come out of Boston and the only American who can stretch defenses and open room for Lando and Clintonius. Please, run faster on that treadmill and God bless you young man!

135. Roger says:

Obviously, I’d prefer the one the doctors think is best for Charlie. I didn’t say they shouldn’t have done it.

136. Charles says:

So Green, you were going to jump on me for saying he is using HGH, which again I have no idea.

But now you say he is NOT using them ?

I am all for innocent until proven guilty, but that not guilty doesn’t prove he is innocent. There IS a chance that is what he is doing based on many others behaviour.

IF he is, it is a mistake in my opinion. After he scores that goal to beat England, don’t think the English won’t do everything they can to find out.

You must not have been very offended by my grouping of you with the rest, thanks for the personal attack.

137. green says:

Mate, your entire concept is based on “what ifs.” In a thread about CD’s recovery, your making assumptions that have no business in the conversation right now. There is nothing to back up your claims. Assumptions and “what ifs” are only going to get ya so far, good luck with that. You’ll grow up eventually.

There is also the very poor timing of your comments. Tactfulness is not your strong point.

Personal attacks? You’re delusional mate. With all due respect, you should look in the mirror here. You’ve done far too much on the personal attacks here at SBI, to go around pointing fingers at others.

When you grow up and learn to not take every piece of commentary personal, you’ll do a lot better with earning respect through your words. Until then, best of luck with your far fetched ideas.

138. green says:

Again “what ifs.”

News flash. . . Charlie Davies DOES NOT play baseball.

Apples & oranges folks, apples & oranges.