Listen to SBI on the ESPN Soccer Podcast

DaMarcus Beasley 1 (AP)

Attention podcast people, while SBI doesn’t have its own podcast (yet), I did manage to make my podcast debut today on the ESPN American Soccer podcast, The U.S. Soccer Show, with Jen Chang and Andrew Hush.

Give today’s show a listen as we discuss topics ranging from the MLS All-Star Game player possibilities to the impending summer transfers of Americans such as Oguchi Onyewu and DaMarcus Beasley.

Share your thoughts on the show in the comments section below.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Listen to SBI on the ESPN Soccer Podcast

1. Bonji says:

Correction, you’ve been on the From The Pitch w/Marcelo Balboa podcast plenty of times.

2. Gooch would fity in nicely with a BL club. Mark my words, provided Gladbach remain in the BL, and IF Bradley opts not to go elsewhere, Gooch will reunite with his former Liege defender Dante forming a great back line at MGB.

3. Bease should go back to the Eire Divisie. If not there, then a 2BL or Coca Cola Championship club would show him plenty of PT.

4. RK says:

WHAT? Did I hear someone say Goldwaithe for the all-star game? Ack.

Yeah, then Ives followed, talking about that first game — which is what I remember.

5. In response to the title: okay.

6. Andy in Atlanta says:

Beasley is good enough to play regulary in Spain for a lower half team… Racing Santander has shown interest I believe…

Would be a much better fit for him and it might get his confidence back…he gets battered in Scotland when he plays.

7. sasoccerfan says:

Nice Ives. Would welcome more of this, for sure…

8. Sean Monaghan says:

HUN

Beaz to germany,hes not good enough for rangers

9. widget says:

If you ever get your own podcast, my advice to you is never, EVER, disagree with anyone from Liverpool …

link to goal.blogs.nytimes.com

10. Slugger says:

Hey Ives, way to bite your lip and not call out Hush for saying the MLS ASG is in Seattle, as opposed to Salt Lake, which is pretty bad since it didn’t sound like an excusable slip; he said Keller would be probably be voted a starter due to “the fact” that the game is at Qwest.

11. EDB says:

Hush didn’t seem to know anything about MLS.. that’s a podcast I will avoid unless ives is on it..

12. Andy in Atlanta says:

Beaz is plenty good enough for Rangers when he is not injured…Smith does not like him because he likes to play boring tactical rough em up Italian ball and nick games 1-0…that is not Beasley’s style at all… I would say Rangers loss…but they wont play him anyway so I hope he goes and finds another PSV esque situation.

13. Sean Monaghan says:

lol Andy plain and simple,hes just not good enough and fitted enough for the style. Celtic play a little more passing and on the ground,but look at a playing like Shunsuke Nakamura,about the same size as Beaz. Hes been great at Celtic because he has everything except for speed.He can pass,dribble,cross control,finish and take a hell of a free kick. Beasley Can’t provide that

14. Jim says:

Man, Hush…someday American soccer media will get past the point of relying on British-accented platitudes. And get on to American-accented platitudes.

But Ives you were good, since you actually knew about the MLS and out NT players. Tell Jen to just have the two of you on there, or for Jen to at least talk occasionally besides segues.

15. Mark says:

I enjoyed that. Hopefully that becomes a regular thing for you.

16. Jim says:

Widget, it’s not that you can’t disagree with Liverpool fans– you can’t state an opinion that places a portion of the blame for deaths on them and have ZERO evidence to back it up.

In America you have the right to express your opinion– and listeners and sponsors have the right to leave when your opinion is idiotic and offensive.

17. jpc says:

Ives, I’ve never heard you speak before, you sound like Forrest Whitaker. An odd post I know, but it’s a very distinct voice inflection

18. NewGuy says:

Enjoyable listen…Will be a fun transfer period to follow for the Yanks. I just hope they all land in a situation where playing time will be plentiful.

19. MZ says:

I’m impressed ives, you speak eloquently, although you didnt drop anything new unfortunately, but i really enjoyed it.

20. madmax says:

Ives, did the podcast overlook Altidore? yikes?

21. Ives says:

Bonji, I thought From the Pitch was an actual radio show? A radio show that is recorded and saved is still a radio show, isn’t it?

22. Kizz says:

Ives,

Did I hear you say Gooch to OM? Who is he going to bench there? Do you truly watch Gerets team? LOL funny that Onyewu is a top target…