by GIANFRANCO PANIZO
United States vs. Mexico.
The World Cup qualifier between the two countries is all American fans can think about, but while the battle of the CONCACAF heavyweights is sure to be the most important game of this 41-match FIFA international fixture, there are still other high-profile games on the slate.
Today's main event pits Brazil and Italy in a re-match of the 1994 World Cup Final. Dunga will be without the services of Kaka, who suffered an injury in AC Milan's 1-1 draw against Reggina this past weekend. But Dunga will have the likes of Ronaldinho, Robinho and Alexandre Pato to choose from to lead the Selecao's attack against the Azzurri's stingy defense.
This won't be the last time these two teams play each other in 2009 either. The two teams, which combine for nine World Cup titles, will play again in the Confederations Cup on June 21. This game might just serve as a taste of what is to come this summer, when there will be more than just bragging rights on the line.
If you won't be in Columbus on Wednesday there will be a pair of high-profile friendlies on display to help you kill time before the U.S.-Mexico match. Spain plays host to David Beckham and England while Diego Maradona's Argentina (yes, it still sounds awkward) gets its first big test of 2009 against France.
Here is the full list of games for today and tomorrow as well as which games can be seen on TV:
- Brazil vs. Italy (FSC and FSE, 2:30 pm)
- World Cup Qualifier: Korea DPR vs. Saudi Arabia
- Cyprus vs. Serbia
- Angola vs. Mali
- Slovakia vs. Ukraine
- World Cup Qualifier: United States vs. Mexico (ESPN2 and Univision, 7:00 pm)
- World Cup Qualifier: Iran vs. South Korea (FSC, 11:00 am)
- Germany vs. Norway (GolTV, 2:30 pm)
- France vs. Argentina (ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes, 2:55 pm)
- World Cup Qualifier: Japan vs. Australia (FSC, 5:00 am)
- Spain vs. England
- Egypt vs. Ghana
- Nigeria vs. Jamaica
- World Cup Qualifier: Costa Rica vs. Honduras
- World Cup Qualifier: El Salvador vs. Trinidad and Tobago
- World Cup Qualifier: Malta vs. Albania
- World Cup Qualifier: San Marino vs. Northern Ireland
- World Cup Qualifier: Ireland vs. Georgia
- World Cup Qualifier: Uzbekistan vs. Bahrain
- Colombia vs. Haiti
- Morocco vs. Czech Republic
- Latvia vs. Armenia
- Greece vs. Denmark
- Macedonia vs. Moldova
- Austria vs. Sweden
- South Africa vs. Chile
- Libya vs. Uruguay
- Switzerland vs. Bulgaria
- Tunisia vs. Netherlands
- Iceland vs. Liechtenstein
- Belgium vs. Slovenia
- Estonia vs. Kazakhstan
- Israel vs. Hungary
- Andorra vs. Lithuania
- Portugal vs. Finland
- Wales vs. Poland
- Cameroon vs. Guinea
- Venezuela vs. Guatemala
- Turkey vs. Ivory Coast
- Peru vs. Paraguay
- Romania vs. Croatia
Which matches are you looking most forward to? Will you be looking to find a stream for any of these games? Any specific player matchups that pique your interest?
Share your thoughts below.