Red Bulls list of exposed players missing three

Red_bulls_logo

If you were wondering how it was that the New York Red Bulls protected 14 players ahead of Wednesday's MLS Expansion Draft, the simple answer is they didn't.

The lists released by Major League Soccer for the exposed players in the draft was missing three Red Bulls who were left unprotected. Gabriel Cichero, Andrew Boyens and Terry Boss were left unprotected and are available to be taken by Seattle Sounders FC in the expansion draft.

I will keep you posted on any other changes or corrections to the master MLS expansion draft list.

This entry was posted in MLS- Expansion, MLS- New York Red Bulls. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Red Bulls list of exposed players missing three

1. A.S. says:

Aha! Mystery solved.

Even with the news that Boss is unprotected, still seems pretty crazy to protect 2 keepers. (Three was unfathomable, which was another reason I suspected the original list was messed up.) Pick your top keeper and let the other go unprotected.

2. Mighty says:

I knew there was a mistake!!!

3. luis says:

it can only happen in MLS

4. garg0yle says:

Man, Ives, way to blow it! Seattle wasn’t going to know!

5. A.S.,

I’d imagine Conway is protected because NY is going to trade him. Why let him go for free?

6. Tim F. says:

I have to imagine that Seattle will pick M. Pappa, I. Joy, E. Gaven, Z. Wells, N. Jaqua J. Smith/C. Ruiz in addition to J. Parke. Let’s see what the Sounders do tomorrow. I hope the Red Bulls do a trade with Chicago to get Pappa.

7. Tim F. says:

I meant Seattle not Chicago.

8. A.S. says:

I don’t know, Faux. I wonder if they feel confident in Cepero for the whole season.

BTW, I’d imagine that Seattle will take a Red Bull defender, if anyone, given that RB have left several decent ones unprotected. Of Boyens, Jiminez, and Parke (they’re obviously not going to take Cichero), I might take Boyens.

9. jevanvoo says:

I think Boyens was one of our strongest defenders throughout the playoffs

10. Joamiq says:

I was wondering how we had so few exposed players. Still, not much to worry about. We have some decent defenders exposed, but no one who can’t be replaced.

11. Scott says:

These predictions are without knowing all the salaries etc basically just what I think are best options

1 Parke

2 Badilla

3 Pappa

4 Joy

5 Jaqua

6 Ricketts

7 Talley

8 Petke

9 Lenhart

10 Grabavoy

Parke is a strong tough player with speed a hard defender to get through

Jaqua a big target up front for Ljunberg,Nyassi, and Pappa possibley to aim for

Talley may suprise some of you but, in RSL he played well and could be a good DCM in seattle

Lenhart a strong forward impressed many with his 4G/10 games

and Grabavoy a good attacking mid could provide some good energy of the bench with some pacy threw balls

12. bradzilla says:

Ives,

Who else do you think the Red Bulls will get rid of or struggle to keep? Do you think Cepero will want more money after his playoff run? what about van den bergh’s contract situation? Do you think the echeverry, cichero, rojas, pietravallo contingent will be back?

13. gerald says:

Scott – I agree with you on Talley a solid DM

14. redbullfan says:

cepero played for free, how would he not want more money

15. Mastrino says:

Question? Red Bulls coach JC osorio is protected?? in this unprotected list???

Sounds funny eh!!