Bradley calls in 19-man roster for brief training camp

Kenny_cooper_ap

The U.S. national team has called in a 19-player roster for a four-day camp in Colorado. The short came comes a week ahead the team’s upcoming World Cup qualifier against Guatemala on Nov. 19 at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park. The roster for the mini-camp is NOT the World Cup qualifying roster, or even the final qualifying camp roster. Veteran midfielder Pablo Mastroeni and MLS star striker Kenny Cooper are among the selections for the short camp.

Here is the rest of the group:

GOALKEEPERS: Brian Edwards (Toronto FC), Troy Perkins (Valerenga IF), Matt Pickens (out of contract)

DEFENDERS: Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Sean Franklin (Los Angeles Galaxy), Cory Gibbs (Colorado Rapids), Clarence Goodson (IK Start), Drew Moor (FC Dallas), Michael Parkhurst (New England Revolution)

MIDFIELDERS: Colin Clark (Colorado Rapids), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Nick LaBrocca (Colorado Rapids), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids)

FORWARDS: Davy Arnaud (Kansas City Wizards), Chad Barrett (Toronto FC), Conor Casey (Colorado Rapids), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo), Kenny Cooper (FC Dallas)

Again, this is not the entire group that U.S. coach Bob Bradley will select his final roster from, with players whose teams lose in the MLS conference finals as well as some other European-based players being possibilities to be called in. in fact, a good number of the players on this initial roster won’t be on the roster vs. Guatemala.

What do you think of this group? What name surprises you the most? What player are you happiest to see get a call (besides Kenny Cooper)?

This entry was posted in U.S. Men's National Team. Bookmark the permalink.

117 Responses to Bradley calls in 19-man roster for brief training camp

1. arena futbol says:

Brian who?

2. victor says:

oh yeeeeeah, first comment. Happiest to see Conor Casey get back in the fold. Gibbs only has 19 caps? Wow, I thought he would’ve had way more than that. I don’t think Kenny Cooper deserves the hype, here’s hoping he makes the roster for the game, so we can see what he can do against a hungry opponent (granted, he won’t have much service from the D team midfield.)

3. victor says:

damn you, arena futbol

4. DeLarge says:

Where’s Tonny Sanneh?

5. John says:

Heavy on the Colorado Rapids players. I know it’s in Colorado but….why not throw Dane Richards in there. The kid is like Beasley.

6. Scott says:

Oh he just called in Cooper to get everyone’s hopes up so he can crush them by not naming him in the final roster.

7. Steve says:

Man alive is that an ugly group to choose from…. I sure hope we get some decent reinforcements….

8. rhybread says:

Sean Franklin most surprising by far; well not really. I can’t believe he didn’t win Rookie of the Year.

9. Barry Jive and His Uptown Five says:

I’d like to see how Colin Clark carries himself.

10. THE Nick says:

A very average roster.

Brian Edwards

Matt Pickens

Sean Franklin

Clarence Goodson

Nick LaBrocca

Davy Arnaud

Conor Casey

Brian Ching

Those guys are nowhere near the calibur of player we need on this national team. Keep calling up guys like that and we’ll always be an also-ran – average team never winning anything but the Gold Cup.

11. andy says:

@John

Dane Richards is Jamaican

12. Jamie Z. says:

I’m waiting for people to start freaking out about the absence of Chad Marshall.

13. arena futbol says:

LaBrocca? Sources inside USSF mentioned that BB was strongly considering calling in Paul Bravo and Mark Chung for this camp.

14. mikeK says:

Reason #1 not to throw Dane Richards in there: He plays for Jamaica.

Eh… It’s sort of a weak group. I understand it’s meaningless from our point of view, but this lineup is kind of… thin.

Atleast call Adu in.

15. Barksdale says:

Where’s Kenny Cooper?

We want Cooper!

We want Cooper!

We want Cooper!

We want Cooper!

We want Cooper!

16. Russell says:

John,

Dane Richards is Jamaican, and already has a few caps for them.

I think Colin Clark deserves the callup.

Who’s Brian Edwards? Did he see any games for TFC this year?

17. Isaac says:

My geuss for the other call ups would be: Rogers, Adu, Altidore, and Torres. If BB is gonna include players whose teams didnt make the playoffs he should also call up Stuart Holden, the kid may have a problem with consistency but we should still give the little Scott-Yank a chance.

18. northzax says:

wow, now this is a B roster. Guatemala is salivating.

19. Amit says:

How about Holden, Davis? In fact, how about we just let the Houston Dynamo play against what is essentially Municipal and Carlos Ruiz.

20. RapidsMan says:

This game isn’t entirely meaningless, we need to knock out the Guats.

This roster will get crushed here in Denver.

21. dr dcr vcr says:

Sticking w/ teams that are not playing right now here is the list of snubs:

-Bobby Boswell (one of the best defenders in MLS this year)

-Stuart Holden

-Jon Leathers (rookie right back on one of the best defensive teams in MLS this year)

-Michael Harrington (a left back that actually played most of the season unlike Bornstein and was called up to the Olympic team)

-Jimmy Conard (veteran leadership and still playing very well)

-Edson Buddle (scored more than all forwards on the list besides Cooper and can play as target or second striker)

-Matt Reis

-Joe Cannon

-Arturo Alvarez (played very well as a second striker in San Jose)

-Ray Burse (GK for the future)

-Marvell Wynne

22. tom says:

Where’s Brad Guzan? C’mon, he’s riding the pine at Aston Villa! Send him a ticket for god’s sake. He’s way better than anybody listed and he needs game time too!

23. quartz62 says:

John…..you do know Dane Richards is Jamaican right?

As the roster goes I’m surprised to see Matt Pickens on there, do you think if Cepero wasn’t playing this Saturday that he may have gotten a call? Better question is: do you think , based on how he played since being named number 1 keeper for RB,Cepero will get the call anytime soon?

24. Isaac says:

Guys, did you read the whole article? It said this isnt the WHOLE group he’ll pick from, he has a week and I think he left out some obvious call ups just to save time ,and hey who knows, one of these guys could end up being perty good.

25. Tony in Quakeland says:

Unexciting.

Nice to give Franklin a nod, considering that he did well in difficult circumstances.

26. jgildea says:

Which euro players do you see getting a call? Ones that are getting playing time or those who need it?

Freddy might be a nice creative adition to the midfield for this group. Convey? If Chi gets knocked out I can see Rolfe getting a shot on the wing, if it is Columbus Rodgers, Marshall, HeyDude (yuck)

27. arena futbol says:

Assuming the rules were basically MLS only (plus a couple Norway players) and n one from Crew, NYRB, Fire, and RSL, then it’s not that crazy a list of names, outside of Brian Edwards. Players that could have been called given these criteria:

GK: Reis, Cannon

D: Wynne, Boswell, Conrad, Harrington, E. Robinson

MF: Holden, Quaranta, Simms, Larentowicz, Alvarez, Jewsbury

F: Buddle, Eskandarian

28. Jeff says:

Holden and Wynne need to be on this team!

29. Nicole says:

Yay for Sean Franklin!

30. Danny says:

What a great group of keepers. Yikes!

31. Isaac says:

how about this for a line up?:

————Cooper——-Ching————-

—Clark—————————-Araud–

———–Mastroeni—–Kljestan———-

–Bornstein–Goodson—Parkhurst—–Moor–

—————-Perkins——————–

Bench:Clark,LaBrocca,Casey,Barret,Edwards,

Gibbs,Pickens,

I havent payed close attention to Gibbs or Franklin so they might get the start, but I like this lineup alot.

32. Squard says:

That has got to be the weakest set of keepers I’ve ever seen for the US Nats. Matt Pickens doesn’t even have a club team: Why does he deserve a call-up? Hell, even Zach Wells would be a better choice.

33. eric says:

Again, this ain’t the roster for the game. This is a training camp. “Following the completion of the camp, Bradley will announce the roster that will train in advance of the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Guatemala scheduled for Nov. 19″

Still, my snub list goes:

1) Wynne

2) Rogers

3) Holden

4) Marshall

5) Conrad

Wynne is the biggest, since I think he should seriously get a shot to pass Heydude on the depth chart as our 2nd RB.

We really need to get Holden and Rogers in their, I’m increasingly distressed that we haven’t had a wing player really break out since Beasley.

Marshall and Conrad are good in MLS, but are jockeying for 4th – 7th or so on our CB depth chart, I can’t seeing either being 1st choice ever. Still, it’s important to sort out.

34. Ross says:

I haven’t seen enough of his games, but Colin Clarke is a player I wanted to see get a runout with the nats for a while. He seems to be a pretty smooth dribbler with good size and nice shot, I haven’t seen enough to comment on his defense, passing or crossing though.

Now that I think about it he seems like Chris Klein(the younger years) with better touch and 1v1 skills, which I think is a complement.

35. Chris says:

I am happy to see some names: Cooper, Kljestan, even Casey. But I don’t get it. All of the other qualifiers were too important for Altidore and Adu, but this one is not important enough? I hope he adds some of the young European prospects or I will be disappointed.

36. Jamie Z. says:

Oh, right. My oversight. Marshall’s still in it. Along with Rogers, et al. So those non-calls make sense.

I’m a bit confused about the absence of Wynne, as well. Perhaps he didn’t impress in the last camp? Perhaps he picked up a knock somewhere? Perhaps he’s training with a top Bundesliga side and we don’t know about it yet.

I do my best to avoid reacting to national team call-ups outside of major tournaments because I realize there’s so much going on behind the scenes that nobody except those people making the choices have any idea why some people are or are not getting chances.

But as face value, this is what it is — an experimental roster for a low-priority match. With that in mind, I look forward to seeing Cooper make the most of his chance and it’ll be nice to see Cory Gibbs back in a U.S. shirt.

37. Urena says:

The Coopster lives!

38. eric says:

Brain fart – Rogers and Marshall have better things to do this week than attend this camp.

I’d say the same thing about Guzan, although I’d be happy to see him get the start in the game.

39. tom says:

40. Rashid says:

As a Galaxy fan and fellow Californian I’m super STOKED to see Sean get a call up! He was solid this year for the galaxy and deserves a chance.

41. Matt Pickens is still unemployed. That is funny.

42. wes says:

I think Cooper and Ching could do really well together. Not World Cup 2010 good, but Guatemala qualifier good at least.

43. Andy in Atlanta says:

Here is the problem guys…

He has called in Cooper and with this squad it will not give Kenny a chance to shine… sorry to be brutal but this group basically sucks save a few (internationally speaking). We all saw what happened to Drew Moor etc… I know there is no reason to call back players that are important to their clubs but Convey is in the Reading reserves, Freddy can’t get on the pitch for more than 10 mins. Why they heck no Edson Buddle…what does a guy have to do besides have tan Hawaiin Tropic skin….

Bob really is a dick sometimes…

44. Andrew says:

Wow, is this our D team?

45. Jason says:

This list does not include any ‘real’ player playing internationally or any player still in MLS playoffs. Calm down until the final roster is released this weekend.

46. Isaac says:

I had a moment where I said, ‘Hey Rico Clark can play Center back cant he?’ but then i thought of the RB game and when he kicked Carlos Ruiz in the face and said…..na…

47. Brant says:

What, no EJ?!

;)

48. Justin O says:

Glad to see Casey in there.

49. Felix says:

Yikes! This is like a C- team. It’s like we’re playing Sweden in January….

50. Joe says:

The picture is incredible. Had me laughing for a few minutes straight.

51. brett says:

Wow if we are bringing in a team like this BB may as well bring Feilhaber back, it isn’t like he has other commitments unless playing reserve football counts.

52. Aengus says:

Maybe this is the Rutgers in me talking, but I expect LaBracca is going to impress with this call up.

53. Brian says:

Glad to see Sean Franklin on the list.

As a DC fan I was secretly hoping for Quaranta to get called in.

54. nate says:

Dang, I was hoping to see Alexi Lalas in there. He’s not busy, right?

55. Greg says:

Pickens selection is a joke. What a slap in the face to the MLS keepers who busted their tails all year, only to have a guy who has not played in months get a call. I do not care if it is so he can get training, I do not care if he is on the verge of a move. He was not good enough to be the third keeper at QPR, and is not as good as Busch, Cannon, Reis, or Hessmer for that matter. Why reward him?

56. Isaac says:

Maybe this:

————Cooper—Ching—Casey————

———–Clark—Kljestan—Mastroeni——-

—Bornstein—Goodson—Parkhurst—Moor–

——————Perkins——————

57. kpugs says:

He only called up one Kenny Cooper? What is wrong with Bradley? I would have called up at least 5 Kenny Coopers, I’m sure SBI readers will wholeheartedly agree with me.

58. eric says:

Andy – I’d rather see Convey get back in the groove with Reading, and Adu should be here for the match or I’ll riot. But you are totally right on about Buddle, I’d rather see him than Arnaud.

59. RSLfan says:

For all of those calling for Marhall or Rogers, they are still in season, hence they weren’t called in.

Also, why does everyone hate on Brian Ching? He is the most consistent forward in the entire U.S. player pool (exluding Dempsey and Donovan since they don’t always play forward).

Also, Bradley clearly could call in some Eurpoean based players for the game, this is just camp, so he isn’t going to call in in-season European based players.

Changes I would make…Reis for Edwards, Conrad for Goodson, Holden for LaBrocca, and Buddle for Arnaud. Possibly also Wynne for Moor, but I like Bornstein and would like to see what Franklin could do playing a more natural wing back position, and those are both big speed guys and Moor is more of a physical presence as well.

60. Isaac says:

The way the game go might be close but i expect a Guatemala victory. They’ll be motivated by the fact that this is a C-team at best and they want the next round, BAD. However alot of the players on our team will be motivated because for alot of them Bob Bradley had his back turned to them. They’ll wanna do they’re best and draw his eye. So who knows , the best i can think of for this team is 1-2 loss though.

61. ko'd says:

Isaac…

A 4-3-3? This isn’t the Netherlands.

I bet Bradley makes 4 (maybe more, if there are injuries) more selections, and they will be starting XI-type players.

62. don garber says:

you guys do realize columbus players will and chicago players wont make because mls cup and i d be willing to bet that this will not be the game day roster. its just four a 4 day camp. after the camp 10 guys will leave and about 10 euros would come in.

63. Voodoo Daddy says:

Who does Edson Buddle have to blow to get a look on the MNT?

64. Isaac says:

Ko’d…

Cooper and Arnaud play on the wings alot for their clubs and both have a very good cross. I’m also just making up random lineups like this:

——————-Cooper———————

—Clark——–Kljestan———–Arnaud—

————-Mastroeni——Clark———–

—B’stein—Goodson—Parkhurst—Moor—-

65. jmac says:

this is a very odd roster. Stuart Holden should have been included, as well as Marvell Wynne.

Nice to see Gibbs get a call; does anyone care to comment about how he played down the stretch in Colorado?

66. arena futbol says:

Greg-

“What a slap in the face to the MLS keepers who busted their tails all year, only to have a guy who has not played in months get a call.”

Does Dom Cervi ring a bell? BB likes to call in out-of-contract GKs. Why? Who knows? Maybe he is trying to help them get a gig. It worked for Cervi.

Plus, he apparently was not interested in available veteran MLS keepers (Joe Cannon types), as evidenced by his selection of Brian Edwards instead. So, really it’s not the Pickens call that is taking anyone’s place.

Howard and Guzan are established enough as the only GKs for meaningful matches. It seems BB is using this camp for younger prospects.

Who else should he have called instead (given the apparent requirement that the player’s season is over)?

SJE – J. Cannon: solid year, but old. not a future prospect needing USMNT camp to further his development.

NER – M. Reis: over 30 and not 100%

LAG – Cronin/Wicks/Saunders: train wrecks

CHV – D. Kennedy: injured?

CHV – Z. Thornton: maybe 10 years ago

DCU – Z. Wells: lost his job

KC – K. Hartman: like Cannon, but not nearly as good.

DAL – R. Burse: failed to beat out sala

HOU – C. Waller: who?

Still playing in MLS: Hesmer, Busch, Cepero, Rimando/Seitz.

in Europe: D. Cervi, T. Hall, A. Brown (is Brown injured?)

67. Isaac says:

Voodoo…

My first thought would be Ching and then possibly EJ….

68. Bob says:

NOOOOO, no more rico clark.

Kljestan and Bradley should have that locked down. with Edu

69. beckster says:

Andrew, I think it is more like the “F” team. These are not international players with the exception of a couple. What is the point here? And why wouldn’t you have Bobby Boswell and Brian Carroll. We have seen enough of Ricardo Clark and I haven’t even heard of some of these other players. 2010 isn’t far away. Use this time to get all the midfielders who aren’t playing in Europe (Beasley, Edu, Convey, Adu etc)and who are better than this crowd in and playing. Our best talent is abroad and we should focus on it.

70. Arriaga says:

Reis is a sieve.

71. Jay says:

Good to see Arnaud get a call up. I think he could surprise some people if he were to get some minutes.

72. Bob says:

Beckster,

There will be others that will play. I think Edu and Adu will be added later on. Bob B is just bringin’ in a few guys to see what the got.

73. Eddie Johnson says:

This is such bull_hit. I dont care that i didnt get called in, but now Bob is throwing me aside to go back to his other BFF (bornstein)

74. Isaac says:

BB is I think also just being nice ya know? Some of these guys work their asses off and they get jack squat except for Honorable Mention and the occasional man of the match. I think Kenny Cooper might fall under that category. Anyways this is a once in a life time opportunity for some of these guys and BB realizes that so he wants to give them a shot. In other words, he’s thinking from his heart rather than his head.

75. Murphy says:

who is nick labrocca?

76. Yeah Missing players I would like to have seen:

Joe Cannon (he helped keep San Jose close all season)

Marvell Wynne

Bobby Boswell

Stuart Holden

Santino Quaranta

Clyde Simms

Edson Buddle

Also note, that Bradley has previously said that he wasn’t going to call in players from any MLS team in the Conference Semi-finals, but those on teams that don’t make the MLS Cup will get consideration.

77. Isaac says:

Murphy

Go to Youtube and check Columbus Crew vs Colorado Rapids somewhere in the middle of the season and you’ll find his goal,which was his first and it was pretty good.

78. Oranje Mike says:

Seeing as the USMNT has already qualified for the next round I think this is a good roster. Time to see the young and unknown get into games with a handful of veterans and see what happens.

79. Modibo says:

Chad Barrett?!?

80. Al says:

Folks, again, this is NOT the roster for the game!!!! It’s a training camp to take a look at some of the MLS players. Probably only 3-4 players from this list will make it to the advance camp.

So, please stop calling for European based players until the final group is called.

81. eric says:

Joe Cannon is a classy keeper who lost out on the numbers game. Totally agree that there isn’t much point in calling him in, he’s 4 years older than Howard and not as good. Hahnemann still has a few years of top play left as the back up, so we should be lining up guys younger than Howard and build for the future.

82. Isaac says:

Modibo, I know right? When that kid scores Hell will freeze over…..

83. eric says:

Continued thoughts on keepers…

I hope that Hesmer gets some looks after the year he had since he is 26. Jon Busch is 32, and kind of short, so I’m not interested in him.

Cepero is 23, so we need him, Guzan (24), or Seitz (21) to grab the torch in about 7 years.

84. GMD says:

Rolfe deserves a look…he’s in VERY good form right now…

85. Wispy says:

Am I wrong that Charlie Davies finished his season last weekend? Or does he play again this weekend? Anyone?

86. José Mourinho says:

Wispy, if I’m not mistaken, Davies is done with his season and recovering from having his tonsils out. He won’t be on the final roster.

87. Isaac says:

Wispy

You’re right, It starts in November and ends in October.

88. EastLAChiva says:

USA 0 Guatemalos 1

Snoozefest.

89. arena futbol says:

Wispy -

Word is that Charlie Davies is having his tonsils removed now that his season is over, so he’ll miss the Guatemala match. But he has probably done just enough to make the case that he is in the mix at forward based on a good club year and nice play in limited minutes with Olympic and full national teams. Hopefully he’ll get more PT next year and grab the spot behind Altidore – Donovan – Dempsey. Right now, Ching has that spot and Davies is right behind him, probably with his competition being Rolfe, Cooper, Johnson, and Rogers (if used as fwd).

90. MM says:

Biggest question mark in my opinion – Why Moor instead of Wynne? Is Wynne hurt?

I’m disappointed Houston lost, that means Ching will likely take away opportunity for someone else to prove that they are better the he is. I don’t think Ching is as bad as lot of people. However, he has had his chance – it is time for someone else to get a chance.

Speaking of other players who deserve a chance at forward. It is nice to see Conor Casey in camp. He could easily replace Ching as the prime target forward in the Bradley system if he could only stay healthy.

91. fieldsy says:

i would really have liked to see a team that could beat guatemala and knock them out for sure of the hexagonal.

92. Gilly73 says:

Well it’s a little early to be thankful but I am thankful that the match I saw in Chicago had our A-team and I’m sure those in DC feel the same way.

Sorry Colorado but you got screwed. But hey at least BB called in plenty of home team guys……..

USA USA USA

93. Fenel says:

I’d love to see the defender of the year and the goalkeeper of the year here, but i think BB is waiting after the MLS Eastern clash between the fire and the crew before he can call one of them. Remember MLS cup is the same week as the game.

But, where charlie davies; the guy’s got 16 goals for harmmaby in sweden. More than Henrik Larsson.

94. francesco says:

how the hell does drew moor keep getting call-ups?

95. nothappywbb says:

Every game on the schedule is an opportunity for the regulars on the Nats to gel and get in sync with each other. It doesn’t make sense to me that only four of these guys (Kljestan, Ching, Cooper, and maybe Mastroeni) BB called up have a chance to make the WC roster. I understand that he might call some europe guys and semifinal losers later, but as people have already mentioned there is much better talent out there than the guys he selected. My confidence in BB is at an all time low.

96. garg0yle says:

To recap:

>We’ll lose to Guatemala!

Oh wait, this ISN’T THE TEAM!

>Why didn’t he call in Adu/Altidore?

Oh wait, so far he only called in players whose season is over!

>Why didn’t he call in Marshall/Rogers/etc?

Oh wait, they’re in the playoffs this weekend!

>Why didn’t he call in Charlie Davies?

Oh wait, tonsil removal.

>Why didn’t he call in Joe Cannon, Marvell Wynne, Bobby Boswell, etc.?

Oh wait, we don’t know! Bradley sucks! We are smart! He is stupid!

97. arena futbol says:

Re: Drew Moor -

I don’t fully get it either, but you could at least guess that none of the fringe group called in is going to become a Nat starter before 2010, and that, therefore, if anyone did make a contribution to the team it would probably be someone at a position where we have injuries/weakness or someone who can be versatile and play more than spot at a decent level. To that end, Drew Moor, while not stellar, played at various backline positions this year for Dallas and demonstrated that he is versatile, at least by MLS standards. Maybe that gives him a slight edge over the pure-centerbacks like Conrad, Boswell, and E. Robinson.

Note that similar logic supports the inclusion of Bornstein (back, midfield, forward), Franklin (right back, center back), and Gibbs (left back, center back). Arnaud, too (forward, wing, even some center mid).

98. Isaac says:

Arena, what about Kamani Hill? He plays as a forward and a right back. He might be one of the call ups that Ives was talking about. We haven’t seen him in a while and didnt do anything during his last two call (or,i should say, only two) call ups that was terribly disappointing.

99. Sterlinho says:

If this is the squad it’s not worth watching. Shoot, you might as well throw a David Beckham-less Galaxy team out there.

100. People Everywhere says:

Ives, for the love of God, change your headline so people stop thinking this is the Guatemala roster. Apparently Honda award voters are the not the only clueless people on SBI today.

101. Beckster says:

Bob, get that but let’s get real with these folk. Bring in Convey. He may not be playing much but is in form and way better then any of these guys. These aren’t international caliber players so what is the point. At this point, enough is enough…Bradley should have the basic player pool. We should be deleting names, not recycling people who have shown that they shouldn’t be at the international level and adding average players.

102. Artie says:

I’m really glad to see Sean Franklin up there with the Nats. While I don’t think he’s ready to be in the final roster (but who am I to decide?) he’s a great youngster who’s shown poise in a furious spotlight and has produced. Who knows, maybe he’ll be downright amazing by 2010.

103. jpc says:

Colin Clarke is a great pick, he’s very aggressive and creative, i hope he makes the final roster

104. andrew says:

WHAT? no EJ?!?!

105. Nic D "The Texas 2 Stepper" says:

My Line up!

————Cooper——-Jozy A.————

–Torres————-Adu———-Kljestan–

———————Edu——————–

–Bornstein—Subotic—-Parkhurst—Wynne–

——————-Guzan——————–

Subs:

F – Buddle, Davies, Rogers/Rolfe (playoffs)

M – Holden, Clark, Ashe, Mastroeni, Beckerman

D – Marshall, Boswell, Hejduk, Franklin

GK – Reis/ Pickens

This would get our young guys some more experience. They will need to get acquainted to scrappy teams looking for results. This will test their mental toughness and prepare them for the mood of “the Hex”.

106. metrostar 4 life says:

the goalies picked are an absolute joke, just like the rest of the squad.

107. Modibo says:

The howls are going to be deafening when Bradley calls up the January training camp roster.

Especially if Barrett is on that list.

108. Fumar says:

Chad Barrett? That just doesn’t make any sense.

109. Salt Lake says:

I bet Colin Clark makes the squad. He has impressed me this season.

110. bigboy says:

It’s a waste of time even looking at a BB named roster. He will never get it.

next round, we’ll see how ready we are under his guidance.

111. brett says:

im bored reading the exact same crap over and over… guys re-read, this is merely a mini-camp and not even a selection of who he might take to play guat…

the only way anyone from the remaining 4 MLS teams will be included is if their teams lose this week (thur for crew and fire) and they are standouts amoungst the MLS… Rogers is a clear pick if the crew lose on thur…. Rolfe possibly, but with Cooper, Jozy and probably adu in the mix, it’ll be hard to include rolfe :(

i see a handfull of these guys being selected…but its obvious other fringe regulars will be included…. Guzan is not here b/c he’ll be called in this weekend, not before…. Adu and Jozy most likely will be added…. Torres and possibly Orozco… etc.. etc…

wynne is a clear surprise not to be on the list…. his team is not in the playoffs, so i would think an inclusion would be obvious… color me surprised O.o

112. brett says:

Nic D “The Texas 2 Stepper- pls drop the Subotic talk, its getting redundant and sad… until he makes a decision, lets leave him off our future rosters shall we???

113. ko'd says:

And Nic D., you obviously haven’t been following very closely on a lot of other fronts–just because they are young and untested does not mean they will be good. That signals a real lack of understanding of the game on your part.

114. zach says:

why not call in CHARLIE DAVIES? His season is over right?

115. brett says:

zach- eh, Davies just ended his season this past weekend….

anyhow, he’s been on the T&T roster, he’ll be included again when the Guat roster comes out… this is merely a fringe training stint… it means nothing, except could catapult some of the fringes into the Guat roster, but i think some are to be expected: Jozy, Davies, Adu, Guzan, Torres & Orozco are most likely going to be on the roster as they’ve been on past rosters…

116. People Everywhere says:

Ives- Thanks. Hopefully that helps the craziness a little.

117. Raghu says:

What a painful thread. Brett, pretty much agree with everything you said.

You know though – I actually don’t think this camp crew is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. These are opportunites for BB and his staff to track players in the pool. It’s good excercise and some interesting call-ins. Like others – I wouldn’t mind seeing Wynne called up for everything. The more time he has with the Nats the better its’ going to be for him.