Good afternoon folks. The European transfer window is still a month away but that hasn’t stopped a flurry of transfers from taking place, at least unofficially.
Here is a rundown of some of the bigger transfers of the past week or so:
- Amauri to Juventus from Palermo
- Lautaro Acosta to Sevilla from Lanus
- Patrik Berger to Sparta Prague from Aston Villa
- Omar Bravo to Deportivo La Coruna from Chivas de Guadalajara
- Antonio Cassano to Sampdoria from Real Madrid (loan made permanent)
- Mikael Forsell to Hannover 96 from Birmingham
- Alberto Gilardino to Fiorentina from AC Milan
- Seydou Keita to Barcelona from Sevilla
- Marcelo Martins to Shakhtar Donetsk from Cruzeiro
- Gerard Pique to Barcelona from Manchester United
The biggest of this bunch is Amauri, who was a top forward target for several teams. Gilardino departed from Milan to make way for what should be one or two new Milan strikers. It’s good to see Omar Bravo finally make the jump to Europe. It will be interesting to see how he adapts after spending so many years in Mexico.
Which transfers of the past week have caught your attention? Also, feel free to add any other completed transfers to the list (and I mean completed, not the rumored ones that haven’t been done yet like Alonso to Juve or Hleb anywhere).